d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Introduction To Living Systems.
Prev191011121315Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,339.70
Warn: 10%
Aug 6 2022 11:26am
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 6 2022 11:13am)
so? you believe that given enough time, a million years perhaps, dogs could (i said could) produce lets say a penguin or maybe a lizard? a fish?

How often do you want me to explain that? You are not that dumb, bro.

A dog won't give birth to a lizard. And believe me when I tell you, that NOT A SINGLE evoluvionist would ever think that.

I told you in length how new species develop. It is not even complicated.

Did you not understand the example with the 50.000 generations of animals a few days ago?
If lifeforms change over thousands (sometimes only hundreds even) of generations their genes will always adapt and they will change. Their appereance might change and some of their other features might change as well.
We will stop to call them what we called them, cause its a new species. DNA will still show us, that it developed out of Animal A, but its Animal B now.
Doesnt mean it suddenly swapped from A to B of course, cause its a fluent development and the DNA changes slowly. Very, very slowly.

See what we men did when we created dogs (yes, we did).
We breeded and tamed wolves until we got our good old dog friends.
Can you believe that a dachshund and a German Sheperd both developed out of wolves? No?
Well, thats evolution basically.
But its not natural, its lightspeed-evolution, if you wanna call it like that.

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on Aug 6 2022 11:27am
Gold: 2,955.95
Aug 6 2022 01:33pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Aug 6 2022 09:46am)
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/854/280/de3.jpg

If you don't think these are different kinds, or different species, or whatever, then you're just dishonest.

When did a wolf become a dog? Because we did that with just selective breeding. At some point, a wolf gave birth to something we called a dog. It wasn't a dramatic change. It was just pups that were slightly more doglike rather than wolflike. And we know this happened because it was done by humans.

the genetics between the two are still viable so they would be the same species
spe·cies
/ˈspēsēz,ˈspēSHēz/
Biology
a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal natural taxonomic unit, ranking below a genus and denoted by a Latin binomial, e.g. Homo sapiens.

micro evolution. the recombination and expression of genes that already exist (made from already existing information). nobody is arguing this.

how bout you?
so? you believe that given enough time, a million years perhaps, dogs could (i said could) produce lets say a penguin or maybe a lizard? a fish?
yes? no?
Aug 6 2022 01:43pm
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 6 2022 10:26am)
How often do you want me to explain that? You are not that dumb, bro.

A dog won't give birth to a lizard. And believe me when I tell you, that NOT A SINGLE evoluvionist would ever think that.

I told you in length how new species develop. It is not even complicated.

Did you not understand the example with the 50.000 generations of animals a few days ago?
If lifeforms change over thousands (sometimes only hundreds even) of generations their genes will always adapt and they will change. Their appereance might change and some of their other features might change as well.
We will stop to call them what we called them, cause its a new species. DNA will still show us, that it developed out of Animal A, but its Animal B now.
Doesnt mean it suddenly swapped from A to B of course, cause its a fluent development and the DNA changes slowly. Very, very slowly.

See what we men did when we created dogs (yes, we did).
Can you believe that a dachshund and a German Sheperd both developed out of wolves? No?
But its not natural, its lightspeed-evolution, if you wanna call it like that.

your a slippery lil bastard aret you

"A dog won't give birth to a lizard."
(nobody fukn said that, as you can see in my question i offered a million years how about i offer millions of years and we try again
yes? no?

"See what we men did when we created dogs (yes, we did).
But its not natural, its lightspeed-evolution, if you wanna call it like that"
(nobody is arguing this chit and its called selective breeding. you can only get results that the existing information will allow.)
Gold: 260.11
Aug 6 2022 04:16pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 6 2022 02:33pm)
the genetics between the two are still viable so they would be the same species
spe·cies
/ˈspēsēz,ˈspēSHēz/
Biology
a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal natural taxonomic unit, ranking below a genus and denoted by a Latin binomial, e.g. Homo sapiens.

micro evolution. the recombination and expression of genes that already exist (made from already existing information). nobody is arguing this.

how bout you?
yes? no?

Except dogs have genes wolf's don't. They specifically have digestive enzymes for digesting carbohydrates that wolf's don't because dogs adapted to our diet.

Also, small changes on something old will result in something new. Replace a ship one piece at a time and it's a new ship at the end even if you never changed all the pieces at once.

You are once again wrong

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Aug 6 2022 04:17pm
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 6 2022 06:28pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Aug 7 2022 12:16am)
Except dogs have genes wolf's don't. They specifically have digestive enzymes for digesting carbohydrates that wolf's don't because dogs adapted to our diet.

Also, small changes on something old will result in something new. Replace a ship one piece at a time and it's a new ship at the end even if you never changed all the pieces at once.

You are once again wrong

well they actually have all those enzymes, just a lot less of them :wacko: but they do have them from what i remember :unsure:
Aug 6 2022 08:05pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Aug 6 2022 05:28pm)
well they actually have all those enzymes, just a lot less of them :wacko: but they do have them from what i remember :unsure:

well if thats true then its just expression of genes that are already there (micro evolution) and thors argument is total chit......again

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Aug 6 2022 03:16pm)

You are once again wrong

but not a submarine or a car........................right?
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 6 2022 08:50pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 7 2022 04:05am)
well if thats true then its just expression of genes that are already there (micro evolution) and thors argument is total chit......again

im not sure really, im not much into that whole topic :wacko: but yeah i think its just the expression that changes in dogs :unsure: like blacks and melanin idk

i mean maybe simpler organisms can do it easier as less complex system are harder to be fucked up by a random change, either way this isnt really my field of expertise :cry:
Gold: 260.11
Aug 7 2022 02:01am
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 6 2022 09:05pm)
but not a submarine or a car........................right?

Do submarines reproduce?

:rofl:

This is a question I'd expect from a 5 year old, honestly.
Aug 7 2022 03:46am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Aug 7 2022 01:01am)
Do submarines reproduce?

:rofl:

This is a question I'd expect from a 5 year old, honestly.

lol then you must of been saying ships reproduce
Gold: 1,339.70
Aug 7 2022 10:10am
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 6 2022 09:43pm)
your a slippery lil bastard aret you

"A dog won't give birth to a lizard."
(nobody fukn said that, as you can see in my question i offered a million years how about i offer millions of years and we try again
yes? no?

"See what we men did when we created dogs (yes, we did).
But its not natural, its lightspeed-evolution, if you wanna call it like that"
(nobody is arguing this chit and its called selective breeding. you can only get results that the existing information will allow.)

I am a slippery bastard because you dont understand evolution?

There is NO DIFFERENCE between selective breeding and evolution except that one is manmade and the other ia natural.

"You can only get results the existing information will allow" - the idiocracy of this sentence is mindboggling.

And for the 1000th time: No a dog wont give birth to a penguin.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev191011121315Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll