d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Titan Quest - Hardcore Challenge
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 18 2021 03:29am
Yes, finally! But i don't have Strength of the Pack yet, so i'm quickly going to finish the Beast of Legends quest that grants 2 skill points and then return to this shrine

Give me my skill points!

Shit! I forgot i need two more points in the tree to get to the skill... i'll have to level up first and back track all the way to the shrine. I'll better drop a town portal next to it and return from my next waypoint when i level up

May 18 2021 03:33am
And here's the level up! 3 points in Strength of the Pack... i hope the shrine has a permanent effect on this skill while the wolves are kept alive

Back with 3 minions... i'm not exiting until the Aktaios farm where i'll have no choice but to exit, because i need to farm that Razor Claw formula. I can take a break there too. I'm kinda pissed off that they made the 3rd wolf needing a +4 to all skills to be summoned, they should have given 3 wolves with 16 points invested... anything above that should be only additional damage and defenses.

Ah, dammit! I lost one wolf to the Dark Spirit Conduit - that's what happens when the greed for experience kicks in...

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on May 18 2021 03:34am
May 18 2021 03:37am
Level up - 3 points in Survival instinct... i don't care i'm maxing these pets right now, so i can finally focus on something else... like Plague, which is a must-have enemy debuff skill. I also need more points in Regrowth to heal the wolves better

NICE! The game fixes my mistake...

I'm dealing with the Pharaoh's Honor Guards one by one this time, don't want to lose any pets

May 18 2021 03:42am
Another 3 points in Strength of the Pack

Already in Fayum Desert, but still struggling with finding any resistance gear... i can buy rings and amulets, but i want to use my pet jewelry. Resistances and pet bonuses on rings are both prefixes, but items cannot roll with two prefixes, so i have to chose between one or the other. I need epic caster gear on my armor slots to cover resists, but so far no luck with those. Once again the joke is on me because i found a lot of really useful stuff for casters on my Conqueror and Warden runs

May 18 2021 03:47am
Level 24 - 3 points in Strength of the Pack. Right now i'm doing full map and optional dungeon clearing for extra XP, on my way to the city of Thebes and the Aktaios location in the Valley of Kings...

He was safe, but slow even with 3 level 20 wolves, he's going to be a pain in the ass with only 2 level 16 pets. The good news is, there's 3 Dark Obelisks on the way to him which is a great source for experience, i'll get at least 3-4 level ups here (depending on my patience). One thing is for sure, i'm not leaving this place until i get my Razor Claw formula. The other plus is the path that leads to the Telkine - it always spawns 2 or sometimes even 3 shrines, and it has a waypoint teleport to it, so this will be my main source for Mastery Shrines until the end of Normal Difficulty.

His quest drop was garbage

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on May 18 2021 03:48am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 14,140.67
Trader: Trusted
May 18 2021 07:06am
With my current play through - I went with the summoner build. Normal was pretty rough, I couldn't even kill the Titan at the beginning of Act 4. But Epic and (currently) Legendary is a walk in the park so far.

How is your overall experience with Storm and Nature masteries ?
May 18 2021 07:45am
I've read that the pets get hidden buffs to scale them for Epic and Legendary and thus become very powerful in higher difficulties. I hope so...

So far act 1 was easy when i had 3 wolves with me, they were just destroying everything and i was just a spectator. In act 2 the same thing when i have 3 level 20 wolves, they're near immortal machines... but with just the two they can get hurt and die if i don't pay attention and heal them... which still isn't a big problem because i can re-summon them. I noticed that they take great damage from elemental and bleeding attacks, and i have no idea how bad it will get in the next 3 acts. At least when i kill the Yeti boss in act 3 the pets should be getting the 100% health bonus.

I know normal Typhon will be extremely difficult... he's the hardest boss for pet builds from what i'm reading on the internet. I will get 1 point in the skill Spell Breaker from Storm, so i can disable his damage reflection spikes, i also hope to have Squall maxed by then, so i can deal some damage with that skill and also debuff the mother*****r. :D I will probably record that fight as it's going to be the most interesting one in the entire walkthrough.

After that, i'm really worried about the entire acts 4 and 5. The archers in act 4 will probably destroy the wolves. Act 5 with its bleeding damage and annoying enemies will be a pain too.

The summoner class was among the ones i considered for this... Core Dweller is amazing to have, isn't it? You probably have some spare points for offensive spells too, like Eruption? I'm a bit jealous for not having these skills, but i really wanted to have Squall and Spell Breaker, also, Storm has its own summon, which casts an aura that raises elemental damage by 100%. I'm disappointed by the Storm Nimbus skill, because my minions don't get the full bonus from the aura unlike Earth's equivalent of that skill (Earth Enchantment), which i think gives its full benefit to the pets.

Overall experience so far - it's fresh and very fun for me, but i'm still worried how i'm going to finish normal. I have only played pure physical damage melee classes or bow/spear characters in this game... and it has been like that for 10 years.
Now i'm trying to do new things and i want to try all sorts of stuff, including bow/throw hybrid Dragon Hunter (Runes+Hunting), or a melee Elementalist (Storm+Earth). I also want to try melee Champion (Warfare+Nature) and have the wolves as a support with their Strength of the Pack aura greatly increasing my damage, and Heart of Oak for a massive health pool. Another idea i have is for a melee character with Runes mastery, that converts physical damage to elemental. Not sure how many of these combinations can be harcore characters, as some of them will require extreme grinding for gear.

I'm currently farming Aktaios like crazy, but the idiot doesn't drop anything... only one formula so far, which is good for Storm, but not for pets. I can't leave him before i get the formula i need. It may take hours of tedious grinding.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 14,140.67
Trader: Trusted
May 18 2021 08:07am
Indeed, the survival of the wolves are pretty much based on the core dweller since he is the tank. I went with the wolves, the imp and the core dweller. I use the healing spell and the aura from the nature mastery to keep them alive, pretty much a healing spam fest.

It is 100x easier in Epic/Legendary, pretty a run through with crappy gear, the core dweller becomes super tanky in Epic. Really, normal, so far, was the hardest part !
May 18 2021 08:46am
^^^ It's good to know what to expect, thanks for the input m8.

I'm having no success with the Aktaios, it's like the game knows what i'm trying to do, and just keeps trolling me with bad luck... might as well drop a few screenshots because they're piling. I will most likely fail to finish act 2 today, thanks to the damn Razor Claw formula refusing to drop.

At the start of the farm i've turned in the Aktaios quest to get the 2 skill points reward - invested in Strength of the Pack.

Level up - 1 point in Strength of the Pack and 2 in Survival Instinct

If i can't get resistances, at least let's get some extra health

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on May 18 2021 08:46am
May 18 2021 08:49am
Yes! Finally something for me... of course not form Aktaios. It drops form a random majestic chest - i always check that corner up there for that chest spawn and this time it paid off

What a beauty! Not a single one of these stats is wasted on my char.

I don't really need that mana boost right now, but i'll buy it anyway, it's cheap enough

Go Back To Other Games Topic List
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll