Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 17 2021 08:49am
Time to try this again...

This is a continuation of this topic:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84114591&f=208

The same rules apply, no changes.

The last thing a wrote in the original topic was this:

This is not over! I'll be back at it with a summoner/caster build combo, or a pure caster... both are completely out of my comfort zone, and it may end up as a bigger disaster than the previous runs, but i have to try different things, can't play the same build over and over. But that will happen in a few weeks

Well, i failed to deliver on the promise to continue the challenge in a few weeks, but i'm definitely going for that summoner/caster build now. I've been thinking a lot what i want to do in terms of mastery combination and skills and my final decision is the Druid class, which is a combination of the Nature and Storm mastery. I used a skill calculator for planning, and it turned out to be a very skill point hungry build... my final vision for it requires above level 70, which is very hard to reach on a hardcore character, and i won't even be able to develop all the skills that i want. Reaching the max level 85 is out of the question, that is almost as hard and slow as reaching 99 in D2. Just as a reminder, my hardcore Conqueror died near the end of Act 1 on Legendary Difficulty at level 66 after 82 hours of progress and grinding.

So this should be interesting. :D
May 17 2021 10:00am
Ready to roll...

Feels good to be back in TQ

It's probably easier to start with Storm, but i want wolves, now!

May 17 2021 10:03am
3 points in Call of the Wild for summoning wolves

Set to aggressive and we're ready for battle!

0There's a new pet controlling ability (from the Atlantis expansion i think) that you get by default on all classes, and gives you more control over pets, very useful for when you need to withdraw them from dangerous situations

May 17 2021 10:07am
Shaman time! My only wolf is still quite weak right now, but when i max the skill and get a second wolf they'll quickly become very OP. I can also have a 3rd wolf, but for that i need to get the skill to 4 points above its level cap... for that i need equipment with +skills on it, or i can max the skill and get a mastery shrine which grants +4 points to all skills for a duration. The beautiful thing is, when the shrine expires, my 3 summoned wolves will remain at level 16, until they die, or until i exit the game... so i guess i'll be doing some shrine hunting in this, we'll see...

Level up! 3 points in the wolves... still only wolf on the battlefield, but he's already pretty OP for these early game areas

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on May 17 2021 10:07am
May 17 2021 10:11am
Since i'll be a caster, i'll focus on raising Intelligence and i also might have to put some points in Dexterity, as caster gear also has a low dex requirement. But this time i also be spending some points in Health, as i'll be struggling with my health pool in the early game due to the aggressive skill point spending in the summoning skills.

The wolf is already pretty devastating, and clears the mobs before i can even reach them. I'll equip a staff weapon as soon as i find one...

That piece of trash will do for now

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on May 17 2021 10:11am
May 17 2021 10:14am
New level 3 and more points in the summons

Now with 2 wolves on the field!

Well, well... a quite rare monster infrequent drop. I mentioned this one in my very first character from the old topic. It can be it can be a useful mace in the early game if it rolls additional attack speed and you get it socketed with a complete Valor of Achiles...

May 17 2021 10:17am
This one doesn't roll well, but who cares, i'm not a melee fighter anyway.

Wow, and a very early unique drop! I can count on one hand the uniques and rares i've got in this early area of the game...

It's a caster armor, but it's more suitable for a class with the Earth mastery. I'm still gonna wear it though, when i reach the level of course

May 17 2021 10:21am
Level 5... 3 points in Wolves.

We face some serious opposition for the first time in the skeleton ruins... but the wolves still destroyed everything with ease. I can't wait to have a 3rd summon

Arriving in the Spartan war camp... now i'm going to spend some time farming Nessus the Centaur Chieftain, to get to level 8 and get some loot from his chest and also from trading with the local vendors. I can probably acquire some rings and staves with pet bonuses on them. Nessus will be so fun and easy to farm now with my overpowered tanks.

May 17 2021 12:48pm
A Hoi Polloi drop from a chest - a very common unique throwing weapon. Of course, if i was playing a throwing character, i'd probably never get it this early.

Level 6 - more points in the wolves! Only one more level to max them

Nessus is so screwed... he actually manages to kill one of my wolves (and that was the only wolf he killed in the entire farming session), but not before getting completely wrecked. I get one skill point from his quest and put it in the wolves.

May 17 2021 12:51pm
Quest kill drop... not impressive. I haven't put much thought into what artifact formulas i need for my planned build... i might have to check the item database later

On the second run, really? Of course now that i don't need it immediately drops... this will become a theme of sorts in the upcoming screenshots

Nice! Just the thing i need... And with some health on it, i can't complain - buying it!

Go Back To Other Games Topic List
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll