d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows >
Poll > Mortal Kombat (2021) *spoilers Warning*
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 28 2021 03:29pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 28 2021 07:08pm)
This one is certainly better than MKA and at least on par with the original.

Just understand what it is going in.

Bad acting, bad plot, and gratuitous beautiful nostalgia inducing gore. Honestly, the biggest surprise to me was that I actually liked one of the characters (Kano), when I expected to hate everyone.

Kung Lao was my fav.

Quote (Bazi @ Apr 28 2021 07:56pm)
You got me in that it’s been more than a decade since I’ve seen either

I just can’t get past raiden man. No charisma. I woulda rathered they took the sub zero actor and made him raiden. Subzero woulda been cool regardless. Same for liu. I just didn’t care for any char and don’t think I felt the same way about the first version. May have been some cringe acting but overall I think I liked the chars genuinely more. I remember loving cage. You’re right maybe if I rewatched I wouldn’t like the chars as much as I previously did.

I genuinely think with casting changes and mild script changes this would have been a far better film. Like are we supposed to care for cole with a back story nothing more than broke daddy shitty MMA fighter and have to see him every 45 seconds

Who?
Gold: 6.69
Apr 29 2021 01:01am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 29 2021 09:01pm
Quote (Bazi @ Apr 28 2021 11:56am)
You got me in that it’s been more than a decade since I’ve seen either

I just can’t get past raiden man. No charisma. I woulda rathered they took the sub zero actor and made him raiden. Subzero woulda been cool regardless. Same for liu. I just didn’t care for any char and don’t think I felt the same way about the first version. May have been some cringe acting but overall I think I liked the chars genuinely more. I remember loving cage. You’re right maybe if I rewatched I wouldn’t like the chars as much as I previously did.

I genuinely think with casting changes and mild script changes this would have been a far better film. Like are we supposed to care for cole with a back story nothing more than broke daddy shitty MMA fighter and have to see him every 45 seconds

Im with you 100%. You should rewatch the original, Cage is enjoyable, but he's also super cringey. The worst, most over the top acting in the original film is Raiden and I'd still take that Raiden over this new one. I couldn't stand him either, he and Cole were easily the things I disliked the most.

Like I said, I think they only used a fictional character because otherwise they'd have to say an existing character was an ancestor of Scorpion, which would break cannon and piss off a ton of nerds lol. Honestly though, Cole could have worked if they casted someone with more charisma than a wet tampon. Even his Goro fight was easily the worst of the big fights and it's fucking Goro. Im hoping they'll make sense of the Cole character in the sequel, but I'll probably hate him just as much there. People fixating on him not being real are just being dumb though, it doesnt matter if hes real or not, what matters is that his acting, abilities, and motivations all sucked balls
Gold: 13,946.71
Apr 29 2021 09:26pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 29 2021 10:01pm)
Im with you 100%. You should rewatch the original, Cage is enjoyable, but he's also super cringey. The worst, most over the top acting in the original film is Raiden and I'd still take that Raiden over this new one. I couldn't stand him either, he and Cole were easily the things I disliked the most.

Like I said, I think they only used a fictional character because otherwise they'd have to say an existing character was an ancestor of Scorpion, which would break cannon and piss off a ton of nerds lol. Honestly though, Cole could have worked if they casted someone with more charisma than a wet tampon. Even his Goro fight was easily the worst of the big fights and it's fucking Goro. Im hoping they'll make sense of the Cole character in the sequel, but I'll probably hate him just as much there. People fixating on him not being real are just being dumb though, it doesnt matter if hes real or not, what matters is that his acting, abilities, and motivations all sucked balls

Yeah I agree with everything you’ve said. I mean ofc I will still be watching this sequel. Just hope everyone gets some acting lessons before then haha. Or better utilization of big name actors. First 7 mins turned out to be a huge tease

Also
Those were $500 sunglasses you asshole

This post was edited by Bazi on Apr 29 2021 09:44pm
Gold: 2,216.52
Apr 30 2021 11:41am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 30 2021 12:01am)

I know right, they put fkn highlander as raiden, at first you like "damn, nice one", then youre like " wtf that sckd" that was dreadful to watch...
Apr 30 2021 12:56pm
Quote (ImVeryFood @ Apr 26 2021 08:03am)
It's okay there are Cole Lovers and Cole Haters for this movie release. As far as I can tell is there's no Cole character from the entire video game series. It would have been great if Cole never existed to begin with or even better, he gets killed then Liu Kang takes over.

This is your response every time someone brings up the fact you're dumb and can't comprehend why the tournament didn't happen.

Also Cole is going to be a new character in the game genius. They wanted to put him in the movie first.
Apr 30 2021 01:13pm
The opening scene to this movie was amazing. The acting and fighting was great. I thought the movie was going to be amazing. Until Raiden shows up at the very end. From that moment I knew this movie was going to be full of the laziest writing ever written.

First off, how did Raiden know about the kid? Why did he show AFTER scorpion died?

During the movie one of Shang Tsungs men (i forgot who) mentioned being worried about the Elder Gods for killing off Earth Realms fighters. Okay so why doesn't Raiden just go tell them? Like wtf? Is Shang Tsungs above the elder gods? It doesn't make sense.

And what the hell happened to sub zero? He went from a normal guy in the first scene and INSTANTLY became "Sub Zero" with absolutely no story or explanation as to how he became that way. Talk about rushed story arch.

Then we have Cole. I understand everyone hating him, he was a huge pussy. But he IS going to be in the next Mortal Kombat game. It was already stated. I don't mind them introducing a new character for the movie. But why did they make him such a bitch?

Goro....poor poor pRiNcE Goro. Why did they do him so dirty? He was second to last boss in the first game. He's always been one of the baddest bosses. And they killed him off like that?

Jax... I liked the subzero ripping his arms off. But how he got his arms was just so dumb and rushed. And why would his inner power allow him to grow metal?

And scorpion randomly showing up for the Sub Zero fight? LAZY ASS WRITING. Why....just why....

I can rant about this movie for days. It was just so awful.

Gold: 427,713.99
Apr 30 2021 04:19pm
Quote (13elair @ Apr 30 2021 11:56am)
This is your response every time someone brings up the fact you're dumb and can't comprehend why the tournament didn't happen.

Also Cole is going to be a new character in the game genius. They wanted to put him in the movie first.

90% of the fans never a gave a damn about Cole. To fix the Cole problem, they're going to put him in the game now, so he isn't out of place in the movie. I'm not dumb. The tournament didn't happen because they spent 1.5 hours of the movie developing the Cole character who 99% of fans don't give a shit about.

Imagine if they made a movie without Cole, it would have been an at least an 8 or higher rating for most Mortal Kombat fans.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 30 2021 04:37pm
Quote (ImVeryFood @ Apr 30 2021 03:19pm)
90% of the fans never a gave a damn about Cole. To fix the Cole problem, they're going to put him in the game now, so he isn't out of place in the movie. I'm not dumb. The tournament didn't happen because they spent 1.5 hours of the movie developing the Cole character who 99% of fans don't give a shit about.

Imagine if they made a movie without Cole, it would have been an at least an 8 or higher rating for most Mortal Kombat fans.

You are definitely dumb

It got an 87% with FANS on RT and for IMDB the top 5 ratings go as follows by %

22% - 7
19% - 6
14% - 10
13% - 8
11% - 5

The vast majority of fans liked it. You're just fixating on one stupid thing and completely ignoring everything being said, or all the faults of the film, that had NOTHING to do with Cole, and that wouldn't have mattered no matter who the lead was.

I mean, you've kind of gone out of your way to prove to everyone how dumb you are with every single post. As I said previously, if you're too stupid to follow an action plot, don't expect people to take you seriously. You sure as shit haven't done yourself any favors with each follow-up post.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 30 2021 04:42pm
Gold: 13,946.71
Apr 30 2021 05:41pm
Quote (13elair @ Apr 30 2021 02:13pm)
The opening scene to this movie was amazing. The acting and fighting was great. I thought the movie was going to be amazing. Until Raiden shows up at the very end. From that moment I knew this movie was going to be full of the laziest writing ever written.

First off, how did Raiden know about the kid? Why did he show AFTER scorpion died?

During the movie one of Shang Tsungs men (i forgot who) mentioned being worried about the Elder Gods for killing off Earth Realms fighters. Okay so why doesn't Raiden just go tell them? Like wtf? Is Shang Tsungs above the elder gods? It doesn't make sense.

And what the hell happened to sub zero? He went from a normal guy in the first scene and INSTANTLY became "Sub Zero" with absolutely no story or explanation as to how he became that way. Talk about rushed story arch.

Then we have Cole. I understand everyone hating him, he was a huge pussy. But he IS going to be in the next Mortal Kombat game. It was already stated. I don't mind them introducing a new character for the movie. But why did they make him such a bitch?

Goro....poor poor pRiNcE Goro. Why did they do him so dirty? He was second to last boss in the first game. He's always been one of the baddest bosses. And they killed him off like that?

Jax... I liked the subzero ripping his arms off. But how he got his arms was just so dumb and rushed. And why would his inner power allow him to grow metal?

And scorpion randomly showing up for the Sub Zero fight? LAZY ASS WRITING. Why....just why....

I can rant about this movie for days. It was just so awful.

Yo I wondered this too lol
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll