d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows >
Poll > Mortal Kombat (2021) *spoilers Warning*
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 13,946.71
Apr 27 2021 09:27am
I get the lack of tournament plot etc , that’s whatever and could have been real cool. Those bashing that point are morons cuz that was clearly the intent

I just hated the chars tbh. Except Kano who is now dead anyway

Raiden /shang tsung I really really really did not care for either independently or together . I’m biased cuz they were my favorites

some of the fights were cool but even with my low expectations I was expecting better fights idk

I Rate it a 4. If you liked it more than me I’m happy for u, I wanted to like it more

This post was edited by Bazi on Apr 27 2021 09:28am
Gold: 6.69
Apr 27 2021 10:27am
Still a bad movie but a bit better than the previous 2
Gold: 2,094.99
Apr 27 2021 10:44am
I went in with extremely low expectations & it still managed to be a disappointment. I expected the cringey acting, however none of the fight scenes really did much for me. I liked Kano, he was funny. Subzero was cool, & I was surprised at how much they focused on him. Albeit they were obviously setting up Shang Tsung to be the real threat later on. Cole was pretty mediocre, & definitely lacked the “cool factor”. He was basically a poor mans Lou Kang. Speaking of, this versions iteration was pretty lame. Raiden was extra lame. Shang Tsung did nothing for me & was pretty forgettable. Goro looked pretty cool, but they sort of did him dirty & killed him right away versus like a level 2 cole. I didn’t expect an award-winning film, but I wish it would have been better. I’d give it like a 4/10. It was only partially fun to watch because I enjoyed the original as a kid so much. The original, imo, was infinitely better. I’d put this in the same tier as annahilation.
Gold: 102.37
Apr 27 2021 01:01pm
Pretty bad imo.
The plot was all over the place and incoherent.
A few entertaining action scenes but that's it.
Realy wished they made it more sleezy, this movie just takes itself too seriously.
And damn, not plaining the Theme was a real bummer.It only ran in the credits...
Still like the first two movies, as terrible as they are I still enjoy them.
I know they teased a second one but probably gonna skip it.
Apr 27 2021 09:56pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Apr 27 2021 11:44am)
I went in with extremely low expectations & it still managed to be a disappointment. I expected the cringey acting, however none of the fight scenes really did much for me. I liked Kano, he was funny. Subzero was cool, & I was surprised at how much they focused on him. Albeit they were obviously setting up Shang Tsung to be the real threat later on. Cole was pretty mediocre, & definitely lacked the “cool factor”. He was basically a poor mans Lou Kang. Speaking of, this versions iteration was pretty lame. Raiden was extra lame. Shang Tsung did nothing for me & was pretty forgettable. Goro looked pretty cool, but they sort of did him dirty & killed him right away versus like a level 2 cole. I didn’t expect an award-winning film, but I wish it would have been better. I’d give it like a 4/10. It was only partially fun to watch because I enjoyed the original as a kid so much. The original, imo, was infinitely better. I’d put this in the same tier as annahilation.

spot on

mk2 at least had a sick soundtrack

This post was edited by Bazi on Apr 27 2021 09:58pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 28 2021 09:14am
Quote (Bazi @ Apr 27 2021 08:56pm)
spot on

mk2 at least had a sick soundtrack

MK2s soundtrack was the only decent thing about it though. Maybe you haven't seen that movie in some time, but it's fucking painful from start to finish.

The first one is just as cheesy and the acting is just as bad as the latest one. Better MC ofc, but people gotta stop romanticizing terrible films because they're almost 30 years old. I like the original for the nostalgia factor as well, but it's a painful watch in a lot of places.

E: I'm also pretty sure they're going to bring Kano back. He got stabbed straight through the eye for his death shot. Perfect opportunity to return him with his classic look

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 28 2021 09:17am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 28 2021 10:02am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 28 2021 04:14pm)
MK2s soundtrack was the only decent thing about it though. Maybe you haven't seen that movie in some time, but it's fucking painful from start to finish.

The first one is just as cheesy and the acting is just as bad as the latest one. Better MC ofc, but people gotta stop romanticizing terrible films because they're almost 30 years old. I like the original for the nostalgia factor as well, but it's a painful watch in a lot of places.

E: I'm also pretty sure they're going to bring Kano back. He got stabbed straight through the eye for his death shot. Perfect opportunity to return him with his classic look

you make a good point, cept the first one had real life fighters and was the best, you must be bored to try and reason with dwarves, they only understand one thing.
Gold: 2,216.52
Apr 28 2021 11:22am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 28 2021 12:14pm)

Ive only watched the first one, in the movies, when I was a kid. I thought it was good(I was a big fan), but it really was bad in reality, I mean it was cool for a kid. I didnt watch the other one that came out later. People seem to be saying this new one is bad, and the original was the better one...., so maybe I shouldnt even bother watching lol
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 28 2021 12:08pm
Quote (Madstrike @ Apr 28 2021 10:22am)
Ive only watched the first one, in the movies, when I was a kid. I thought it was good(I was a big fan), but it really was bad in reality, I mean it was cool for a kid. I didnt watch the other one that came out later. People seem to be saying this new one is bad, and the original was the better one...., so maybe I shouldnt even bother watching lol

This one is certainly better than MKA and at least on par with the original.

Just understand what it is going in.

Bad acting, bad plot, and gratuitous beautiful nostalgia inducing gore. Honestly, the biggest surprise to me was that I actually liked one of the characters (Kano), when I expected to hate everyone.
Apr 28 2021 12:56pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 28 2021 10:14am)

You got me in that it’s been more than a decade since I’ve seen either

I just can’t get past raiden man. No charisma. I woulda rathered they took the sub zero actor and made him raiden. Subzero woulda been cool regardless. Same for liu. I just didn’t care for any char and don’t think I felt the same way about the first version. May have been some cringe acting but overall I think I liked the chars genuinely more. I remember loving cage. You’re right maybe if I rewatched I wouldn’t like the chars as much as I previously did.

I genuinely think with casting changes and mild script changes this would have been a far better film. Like are we supposed to care for cole with a back story nothing more than broke daddy shitty MMA fighter and have to see him every 45 seconds

Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll