d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows >
Poll > Mortal Kombat (2021) *spoilers Warning*
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 427,013.99
Apr 25 2021 11:26am
The new Mortal Kombat (2021) movie is a bad movie. If I had to rank this movie out of the Mortal Kombat media, it's at the bottom.

1. Mortal Kombat (1995)
2. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
3. Mortal Kombat mini-series by Machinma on YouTube
4. Mortal Kombat TV series
5. Mortal Kombat 2021

Most of the movie is centered around Cole. My first thought is just like everyone else, "Who the fuck is Cole?" I felt the first part with Subzero vs. Scorpion was made by Machinma. The rest of the movie was made by the director. I don't think the director is a Mortal Kombat fan. It's more like he knows what it is and has heard of it, and then decided to make a movie based on his understanding of it. He got the fatalities and some characters right making the rest of the movie dog shit.

In the movie, they tell you what Mortal Kombat is except they don't follow through with the whole tournament system like in the past two movies. They were too busy developing the story with Cole, they were like "Ah shit, we gotta add the rest of the stuff." The Scorpion and Cole bloodline doesn't make any sense. No one gives a shit about Cole.

Towards the end, Cole has to go find Johnny Cage as he's the next earth realm defender. This movie is suppose to have taken placed before the 1st movie? It seems like the next movie is all fucked up.

The music is nonexistent in this movie too except for the modern theme song in the end credit. It didn't bring back good vibes.

I rank it a 3 at most.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 25 2021 11:41am
Most of your complaints seem like you not paying attention to a pretty obvious setup for a sequel.... How many times did they need to spell out that they were attempting to keep the tournament from happening? Him going to find Cage at the end, couldn't have made it anymore obvious that they're attempting to find a few more fighters for the actual tournament, as outworld has no shortage.

You can be irritated about Cole, the shitty acting, or the plot holes throughout, but rating such a straightforward movie so low because you couldn't follow it, makes it hard to take you seriously.
Apr 25 2021 12:02pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 25 2021 10:41am)
Most of your complaints seem like you not paying attention to a pretty obvious setup for a sequel.... How many times did they need to spell out that they were attempting to keep the tournament from happening? Him going to find Cage at the end, couldn't have made it anymore obvious that they're attempting to find a few more fighters for the actual tournament, as outworld has no shortage.

You can be irritated about Cole, the shitty acting, or the plot holes throughout, but rating such a straightforward movie so low because you couldn't follow it, makes it hard to take you seriously.

I guess you must have enjoyed Cole.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 25 2021 03:04pm
Quote (ImVeryFood @ Apr 25 2021 11:02am)
I guess you must have enjoyed Cole.

Hated him, but that's completely irrelevant to the vast majority of your complaints and my retort, especially as I explicitly listed Cole as a legitimate reason for disliking the film.

You couldn't follow the plot to a cheesy action flick, and you couldn't follow a straightforward comment, I think I see a pattern here.

E: Honestly, I am a bit surprised. In my experience, when people have trouble following blockbuster movie plots or comprehending simple responses, they tend to love action packed movies with bad plot and mediocre at best acting. Shit, Michael Bay, The Rock and the F&F franchise have all showcased the masses desire for the combination of these factors.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 25 2021 03:08pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 25 2021 05:05pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 25 2021 06:41pm)

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 25 2021 10:04pm)
Hated him, but that's completely irrelevant to the vast majority of your complaints and my retort, especially as I explicitly listed Cole as a legitimate reason for disliking the film.

You couldn't follow the plot to a cheesy action flick, and you couldn't follow a straightforward comment, I think I see a pattern here.

E: Honestly, I am a bit surprised. In my experience, when people have trouble following blockbuster movie plots or comprehending simple responses, they tend to love action packed movies with bad plot and mediocre at best acting. Shit, Michael Bay, The Rock and the F&F franchise have all showcased the masses desire for the combination of these factors.

Gold: 23.00
Apr 25 2021 10:16pm
This is either a troll or an actual retard.

Leaning towards the latter.

All three Mortal Kombat movies had a bad pot and below average acting. At least this one was true to the games in terms of violence and gore. Anyone who rates this as the worst MK film is a fucking moron. And I'm not even saying this film was great.

I enjoyed it at a MK fan but as a movie fan it was pretty mediocre....but that was expected going in so I'm fine.

They set up at least one sequel. Anyone who is confused at to why the tournament didn't happen probably barely graduated high school.

This post was edited by fuzzy159 on Apr 25 2021 10:20pm
Apr 26 2021 09:03am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 25 2021 09:16pm)
This is either a troll or an actual retard.

Leaning towards the latter.

All three Mortal Kombat movies had a bad pot and below average acting. At least this one was true to the games in terms of violence and gore. Anyone who rates this as the worst MK film is a fucking moron. And I'm not even saying this film was great.

I enjoyed it at a MK fan but as a movie fan it was pretty mediocre....but that was expected going in so I'm fine.

They set up at least one sequel. Anyone who is confused at to why the tournament didn't happen probably barely graduated high school.

It's okay there are Cole Lovers and Cole Haters for this movie release. As far as I can tell is there's no Cole character from the entire video game series. It would have been great if Cole never existed to begin with or even better, he gets killed then Liu Kang takes over.
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 26 2021 09:14am
Yeah cause we needed another thread
Apr 26 2021 09:30am
Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 26 2021 08:14am)
Yeah cause we needed another thread

The other one is about the trailer and doesn't have a spoilers warning.
Gold: 8,355.04
Apr 26 2021 07:14pm
Quote (ImVeryFood @ Apr 26 2021 11:30am)
The other one is about the trailer and doesn't have a spoilers warning.

This subforum has operated just fine so far based on the assumption that if there is a thread about a movie/show... and it’s out already... there are probably spoilers

Anyway on the movie yeah there were problems with it, but if you went into a mortal kombat movie with expectations of a groundbreaking plot or good character development when it needed to establish 100 characters you're delusional. It got the parts right that it needed to (action, gore, even some comedy, etc)

Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll