d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official D2r Hockey Thread
Prev1216217218219220235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 689.78
Aug 9 2022 07:53am
Quote (LuLer @ Aug 2 2022 06:05pm)
So far with the things they've added/changed they've shown restraint.

None of the runewords or buffs have been meta shifting.

I think they know their audience, D2 people don't want the power creep garbage the D3 resets gave.

I think it's more they intend to abandon the game and they attracted exactly 0 new long term users. D2R doesn't appeal to gen z or the little kids of today, so they're not going put any investment into the game aside from minimal changes/bug fixes. If your audience is 30-45 year olds and it just keeps going up every year, there's only so much you're going to put into it as that demographic typically work the longest hours.
Gold: 12,140.00
Aug 9 2022 09:47am
Quote (Mystic_Bardock @ Aug 9 2022 06:53am)
I think it's more they intend to abandon the game and they attracted exactly 0 new long term users. D2R doesn't appeal to gen z or the little kids of today, so they're not going put any investment into the game aside from minimal changes/bug fixes. If your audience is 30-45 year olds and it just keeps going up every year, there's only so much you're going to put into it as that demographic typically work the longest hours.

Probably. Also there's no microtransactions so they aren't making any money past initials sales, other than people being banned and buying again lol.

Wonder if they'll add QOL MTX, like extra character slots of stash space.

This post was edited by LuLer on Aug 9 2022 09:48am
Gold: 10,995.01
Aug 10 2022 01:00am
Quote (LuLer @ Aug 9 2022 11:47am)
Probably. Also there's no microtransactions so they aren't making any money past initials sales, other than people being banned and buying again lol.

Wonder if they'll add QOL MTX, like extra character slots of stash space.

ran i reported so many bots my block list got full and they just kept spamming me lmao
did they at least fix the chat bots
im surprsied they d idnt mtx extra character slots tbh they seemed to limit it to a point where they could cause even im out of character slots

This post was edited by dragoneth on Aug 10 2022 01:01am
Aug 22 2022 02:22pm
PTR supposed to be announced this week with allegedly a "new big feature".
Aug 22 2022 02:42pm
Quote (LuLer @ Aug 22 2022 04:22pm)
PTR supposed to be announced this week with allegedly a "new big feature".

hope its not game breaking
Gold: 61,170.00
Aug 22 2022 03:06pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Aug 22 2022 04:42pm)
hope its not game breaking

for sure it will break the game, but don't worry they'll push ladder back another month to fix it
Aug 25 2022 12:43pm
ayy idk how i feel about this new feature "terror zones" i guess its good? could be weird on hc having random zones get stronger then they should be lol
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23816418/diablo-ii-resurrected-ptr-2-5-terror-zones-now-live
TERROR ZONES
The journey to level 99 is a celebrated experience for players and quite the milestone if achieved—a rite of passage, even. We want to offer an alternative to repeatedly farming Baal, Diablo, or Nihlathak. We also want the journey to level 99 to be accessible to a larger population of players, full of variety, and most importantly, challenging—this is where Terror Zones come in. As we get into details, please note that players can choose to opt-out of Terror Zones if desired.

When playing a Terror Zone-enabled game, every hour, the armies of the Burning Hells will focus their demonic might on specific zones, terrorizing them. The monsters in these zones will be at least two levels higher than your current level or their original level, up to a maximum per difficulty. The experience received and the loot dropped by killing a terrorized monster will be based on this new level. In addition, terrorized monsters will also grant additional experience points.

Here are the level details for each monster type per difficulty:

Normal
Base: +2 levels up to level 45
Champion: +4 levels up to level 47
Unique: +5 levels up to level 48
Nightmare
Base: +2 levels up to level 71
Champion: +4 levels up to level 73
Unique: +5 levels up to level 74
Hell
Base: +2 levels up to level 96
Champion: +4 levels up to level 98
Unique: +5 levels up to level 99
The base player level used for the above calculations are taken from the creator of the game. If the host leaves the game, a new player will be selected for the base.
Upon entering a Terror Zone-enabled game, you'll be informed of the current terrorized areas through a message sent to you via the Chat Box. When the time for new terrorized zones draws near, you will be informed of the impending changes via the Chat Box.
In addition, you will be informed that you’re entering a terrorized area by several indicators:

Unique iconography next to a terrorized monster's name
On-screen text and messaging
Special audio cue
In-game text on the auto-map

Fixed an issue where monster unique mods were triggering from another unique mod's trigger. For example, monsters that were both lightning and fire enchanted created an explosion every time they were put into hit recovery (Ex: repeatedly hit by Warcry).

Fixed an issue where Iron Golems could lose the aura granted by the item they were created with when the Golem was frozen.
Fixed an issue where Iron Golems created in a previous game would disappear instead of teleporting to you.

oof lmao

Fixed an issue where there were no corresponding Suicide Minion versions of the three guest Minion variants. These guest Minions will no longer visually transform into a skeleton and continuously stack explosion damage when whipped by Nihlathak or an Overseer.

they fixed the bug that killed the #1 97 sorc on hcl this ladder lol^^

This post was edited by dragoneth on Aug 25 2022 12:45pm
Aug 25 2022 12:48pm
^ First of all I'm very confused, 2nd of all this is a lot more/different than anything I was expecting lol...

Aug 25 2022 12:50pm
Quote (LuLer @ Aug 25 2022 02:48pm)
^ First of all I'm very confused, 2nd of all this is a lot more/different than anything I was expecting lol...

basically it sounds like every hour they random invade a zone terrorizing it and upping the ilvl of the zone and monsters in it
but they think this is going to make getting 99 easier? once an hour? ayy idk this seems kind of stupid lol this is what i was worried of

maybe for guys like teo and llama who can have a viewer army line up terrorized zones but they gotta go hunt them? or wait 1h for them like what
im somewhat confused too it just seems dumb as f i think i woulda prefered more runewords over this tbh lol

This post was edited by dragoneth on Aug 25 2022 12:51pm
Aug 25 2022 01:24pm
seeing other people talking about it we might get a zone "terrorized" for a full hour then it switches every hour
i guess that would be decent cause then you can farm that spot for an hour and go to a next spot vs just running diablo nihl baals 24/7
i actually think this is pretty good tbh now that i know how it works :D

guy said "It's unlimited games for an hour, the zone changes every hour. I made 3 games and all 3 had terrorized harem, and just did 3 tower games in a row when it changed."
pretty sure hes on the beta testing it so yeah that seems to be how it is

this is the list of zones that can be terrorized if you didnt click the link
some nice mf spots with quick farms like eld/shenk/trav/pindle you get better drops and increased ilvl so you can get the rarest items in that hour on those guys

Act I
Blood Moor and Den of Evil
Cold Plains and The Cave
Burial Grounds, The Crypt, and the Mausoleum
Dark Wood
Black Marsh
The Forgotten Tower
Jail
Cathedral and Catacombs
Tristram
Moo Moo Farm
Act II