d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Amc
Prev1101112131416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Jun 20 2021 12:19pm
Quote (BlemBlem @ Jun 20 2021 01:15pm)
Actually never been on Reddit I seen what was happening while I was on the sidelines so I dug deep and seen what is going on so I joined in at $12…. Don’t worry after we rape the hedge funds on this meme stock your growth stocks should gain some traction after they go bankrupt

Whether you go there or not the information you're getting is originating from there. You're using their lingo and are just posting a copy and paste of their talking points. You don't really know what you're talking about, you're following. And that's fine! You can make a lot of money on momentum trading, and knowing who and when to follow are valuable skills.

But don't pretend you're somebody who did their own DD and came up with a thesis that you're sticking to. Because you aren't.

Quote (Jetfire91 @ Jun 20 2021 01:14pm)
6 months later....still not $2 lol they aren’t gods

Indeed they aren't. Hedge funds can be manipulated same as everybody else, and they can get greedy and lose a ton of money same as everybody else. I'm just saying to look a bit deeper and understand what assumptions are necessary to your theory. In this case, if the theory is a short squeeze, it only works if shorts are under-reported by at least 5-10x. Otherwise it's just a regular retail pump.
Gold: 46.34
Jun 20 2021 12:22pm
Then let it be a retail pump, if there wasn’t any naked shorting going on then why is it starting to make traction on the news? Naked shorting is illegal and not going to be reported....either way the true value is on us.

We got together through social media, the same way these guys get together in secret meetings. It’s a new world and there is money in banding together to drive a stock up, just like they drive it down. Short squeeze or not 3 billion dollars entered the market, and I’m going all in with that in itself
Jun 20 2021 12:25pm
Quote (Jetfire91 @ Jun 20 2021 01:22pm)
Then let it be a retail pump, if there wasn’t any naked shorting going on then why is it starting to make traction on the news? Naked shorting is illegal and not going to be reported....either way the true value is on us.

We got together through social media, the same way these guys get together in secret meetings. It’s a new world and there is money in banding together to drive a stock up, just like they drive it down. Short squeeze or not 3 billion dollars entered the market, and I’m going all in with that in itself

e/ NVM. I thought that term referred to something else.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jun 20 2021 12:25pm
Jun 20 2021 12:25pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 20 2021 01:19pm)
Whether you go there or not the information you're getting is originating from there. You're using their lingo and are just posting a copy and paste of their talking points. You don't really know what you're talking about, you're following. And that's fine! You can make a lot of money on momentum trading, and knowing who and when to follow are valuable skills.

But don't pretend you're somebody who did their own DD and came up with a thesis that you're sticking to. Because you aren't.

Indeed they aren't. Hedge funds can be manipulated same as everybody else, and they can get greedy and lose a ton of money same as everybody else. I'm just saying to look a bit deeper and understand what assumptions are necessary to your theory. In this case, if the theory is a short squeeze, it only works if shorts are under-reported by at least 5-10x. Otherwise it's just a regular retail pump.

At least it’s not a retail PUMP AND DUMP like your boy Elon musk did to the poor souls believing in the pixie dust Doge; AMC isn’t going anywhere and that’s the bet, movie theaters may have been a dying breed, but AMC will be king at the end of the day.
Gold: 0.31
Jun 20 2021 12:26pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 20 2021 02:19pm)

Lol yeah ok I put 12k in because Reddit told me to..I did no dd… you sound retarded…if it was a pump and dump it would have dumped already…when I bought bb clev koss those were plays that were pump and dumps based on charts..I bought in and sold… I’m a day trader and I’m holding amc because it will squeeze… you don’t believe me that’s fine but why you even commenting?? If your that confident it won’t squeeze then short it yourself :rofl:
Jun 20 2021 12:27pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 20 2021 01:25pm)
Naked shorting is not illegal. I have no clue where you got that from.

“Naked shorting is the illegal practice of short selling shares that have not been affirmatively determined to exist. Ordinarily, traders must borrow a stock, or determine that it can be borrowed before they sell it short. Due to various loopholes in the rules, and discrepancies between paper and electronic trading systems, naked shorting continues to happen.”
Jun 20 2021 12:28pm
Quote (Jetfire91 @ Jun 20 2021 01:25pm)
At least it’s not a retail PUMP AND DUMP like your boy Elon musk did to the poor souls believing in the pixie dust Doge; AMC isn’t going anywhere and that’s the bet, movie theaters may have been a dying breed, but AMC will be king at the end of the day.

We will see. It may dump, it may not. We don't know the future. But it's important to have all the information before staking a position. Hedge funds and Wall Street aren't dumb. Once this kind of thing becomes the norm they will find a way to fight back.

Quote (Jetfire91 @ Jun 20 2021 01:27pm)
“Naked shorting is the illegal practice of short selling shares that have not been affirmatively determined to exist. Ordinarily, traders must borrow a stock, or determine that it can be borrowed before they sell it short. Due to various loopholes in the rules, and discrepancies between paper and electronic trading systems, naked shorting continues to happen.”

See my edit.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jun 20 2021 12:28pm
Jun 20 2021 12:31pm
Quote (BlemBlem @ Jun 20 2021 01:26pm)
Lol yeah ok I put 12k in because Reddit told me to..I did no dd… you sound retarded…if it was a pump and dump it would have dumped already…when I bought bb clev koss those were plays that were pump and dumps based on charts..I bought in and sold… I’m a day trader and I’m holding amc because it will squeeze… you don’t believe me that’s fine but why you even commenting?? If your that confident it won’t squeeze then short it yourself :rofl:

You aren't going to convince anybody lol. Plenty of people throw 12k into a position without doing much dd, and all you are doing is parroting WSB headlines.

I never said it was a pump and dump, I said it was a retail pump.

AMC might go up, it might crash and burn. We can't know the future. I'm just pointing out what assumptions you have to have in order for your thesis to be correct. This is the kind of thing you should be intimiately familiar with before staking a position, so the fact that you are getting all triggered because I'm bringing up the first thing you should have researched on the subject tells me exactly how much DD you did.
Jun 20 2021 12:31pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 20 2021 01:28pm)
We will see. It may dump, it may not. We don't know the future. But it's important to have all the information before staking a position. Hedge funds and Wall Street aren't dumb. Once this kind of thing becomes the norm they will find a way to fight back.

See my edit.

I saw it, a little too late, my fingers are firing at 1000%

Retailers are just as smart as a hedgie, they’re just in a different position. Put us in those offices and in those secret meetings and see if we don’t come out billionaires too.

The system isn’t fair and people are fighting it, there were like 8 different stocks people could choose from “from r/wsb” as you call it.

We were smart enough to see which one had great fundamentals in it, and could come out ontop post covid.

And seems like we bet correctly in AMC
Jun 20 2021 12:34pm
Quote (Jetfire91 @ Jun 20 2021 01:31pm)
I saw it, a little too late, my fingers are firing at 1000%
Retailers are just as smart as a hedgie, they’re just in a different position. Put us in those offices and in those secret meetings and see if we don’t come out billionaires too.
The system isn’t fair and people are fighting it, there were like 8 different stocks people could choose from “from r/wsb” as you call it.
We were smart enough to see which one had great fundamentals in it, and could come out ontop post covid.
And seems like we bet correctly in AMC

I don't have anything against retail traders doing DD and banding together to stake a large position. That's a basic free market idea and a more simple version of starting an investment firm.

I was in BB until my landlord offered to let me buy my house at a ridiculously good price. So I have nothing in the market right now, it all went to the down payment on my house. If I hadn't had that offer I'd have been holding BB from $9 and PLTR at an average price of <22 mostly because of being tipped off by WSB several months ago on upcoming developments and contracts.

I have nothing against WSB, retail trading, or anything like that. I just want to make sure everybody knows what they're talking about so they don't buy AMC at $70 and hold as it crashes because they expected a squeeze to $1000.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jun 20 2021 12:38pm
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev1101112131416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll