d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > New Option "sold" On Trade Topics
Prev178910Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9.10
Apr 19 2021 10:57am
Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 19 2021 11:56am)
Yes lets have an increase of price checks across the whole site, trust everyone has a fair opinion on what you should sell or buy something for, and decrease already available information because I am lazy. :bonk:

It's there to be used
Gold: 333.33
Apr 19 2021 12:42pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 19 2021 12:46pm)
Hey I am not disagreeing with you an item being label as sold is straight forward as sold.

That is my point though. People could trade something for 100k fg and if the topic will take 3 weeks to sell or more the first post my no longer be editable. Once it sells a user will just hit that "Sold" button, effectively deleting the information on the first post of the trade. People may have a hard time being able to price check on their own items if the majority of trades becomes edited at the beginning and end of it and across the whole site. Since the Bump button is largely used I don't see why Sold button would not be largely used too.

So this site suggestion may take away from the quality of information in a trade thread, and thus now people will need to increase use of the price check option to figure out what items are worth. On top of that when a user price checks an item it will be harder to agree to that price because the majority of successful trades now say Sold instead of all the previous information is could of contained.

These are just some things that will immediately change and now you are seeing that.

Show me an example of when the first post was edited with the final purchase price on a multi page thread in the trading forums.

Your example for why this isn’t viable is silly.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Apr 19 2021 02:53pm
Quote (Bigworm @ 19 Apr 2021 09:57)
It's there to be used

I agree it is there to be used. Maybe you are missing the point about everything I said?

Let me break it down for you a little bit more.

More Price checks means people are making trades slower.

Laziness could lead to overall slower or more difficult trades across the whole site.
Quote (ALBINO_RHINO @ 19 Apr 2021 11:42)
Show me an example of when the first post was edited with the final purchase price on a multi page thread in the trading forums.

Your example for why this isn’t viable is silly.

Maybe you are a little confused? I do not believe people regularly put the price they sold something for edited on the first post. My point has nothing to do with people editing in information, it has to do with editing OUT information and loosing opportunities for people to prevail more than the current or next trader. I can't remember which thread it was stated in but it sits me well with this site suggestion. It was something about one of the biggest problems being is that people are lazy. Honestly, with the way this site suggestion was introduced, and how , who, what, when, why the people who do support it do, certainly understanding being lazy is different than being above the rest of the site.

:bonk:

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Apr 19 2021 02:56pm
Apr 19 2021 02:59pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 19 2021 03:53pm)
I agree it is there to be used. Maybe you are missing the point about everything I said?

Laziness could lead to overall slower or more difficult trades across the whole site.

Maybe you are a little confused? I do not believe people regularly put the price they sold something for edited on the first post. My point has nothing to do with people editing in information, it has to do with editing OUT information and loosing opportunities for people to prevail more than the current or next trader. I can't remember which thread it was stated in but it sits me well with this site suggestion. It was something about one of the biggest problems being is that people are lazy. Honestly, with the way this site suggestion was introduced, and how , who, what, when, why the people who do support it do, certainly understanding being lazy is different than being above the rest of the site.

Why is price checking slowing down trades?
Apr 19 2021 03:05pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 19 2021 03:53pm)

Quote (Bigworm @ Apr 19 2021 03:59pm)
Why is price checking slowing down trades?

That's your assumption, and if laziness if what people are, they won't be wasting there time price checking, and here's my assumption, they will make a thread either asking for a price they want or let people bid.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2021 03:16pm
Quote (Negan @ Apr 8 2021 12:15am)
Hello mates!

I back to d2 trades somedays ago and hope someone feel same lol

My suggestion is add "Sold" for FT trade topics ( probably good choice for lazy sellers )

Imagine you make thread selling cta 4

https://i.postimg.cc/HxXjs2Bw/newsuggestion.png
You sell via pm on this situation

then you click SOLD

https://i.postimg.cc/k4v9phTp/newsuggestion.png

Clicking sold it autoedit Your post and write SOLD instead of "need offer asap"

https://i.postimg.cc/T3Dzs4wJ/eeeeeeeeeeeeee.png

if some buyer use find toolbar will check its sold and dont waste time pming

https://i.postimg.cc/m2FpZFsb/done.png

Hope like idea :)

love it! keep up the good ideas bro
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Apr 19 2021 09:21pm
Quote (Bigworm @ 19 Apr 2021 14:05)
That's your assumption, and if laziness if what people are, they won't be wasting there time price checking, and here's my assumption, they will make a thread either asking for a price they want or let people bid.

Not ever person should have to make a price check to figure out what something is worth.

How does someone find out what something is worth to begin with? How do they make that judgement? It certainly must be from trades. If on average the beginning of all trades say DONE price checking will need to go up because less information is around. Right? And by your assumption if a user is to either make a thread asking for a price or let people bid on it. So now because less information is around and a user now has less to work with they may have to make 2 threads to get a trade going instead of one. This is my assumption of slowing down trades, and to me 1+1 takes longer than 1.

Quote (Lockens @ 19 Apr 2021 14:16)
love it! keep up the good ideas bro

Plot Twist, This gets used for illegal trades and scams. It certainly would make it harder for me to make a S/A case against you in the event I accepted your illegal trade.

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 20 2021 03:07am
Quote (Sempervirens @ 20 Apr 2021 05:21)
^Negan

Plot Twist, This gets used for illegal trades and scams. It certainly would make it harder for me to make a S/A case against you in the event I accepted your illegal trade.

Semper to be honest seems your goal is rest of suggestions doesnt get interest

if someone doesnt reply you posting spam

So prefer you stop quote me

Thanks.

This post was edited by Negan on Apr 20 2021 03:08am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 20 2021 03:14am
Quote (Negan @ 20 Apr 2021 05:07)
Semper to be honest seems your goal is rest of suggestions doesnt get interest

if someone doesnt reply you posting spam

So prefer you stop quote me

Thanks.

It's pretty egregious isn't it, lol.
Gold: 421.00
Apr 20 2021 03:23am
Quote (Sempervirens @ 20 Apr 2021 05:21)
Not ever person should have to make a price check to figure out what something is worth.

How does someone find out what something is worth to begin with? How do they make that judgement? It certainly must be from trades. If on average the beginning of all trades say DONE price checking will need to go up because less information is around. Right? And by your assumption if a user is to either make a thread asking for a price or let people bid on it. So now because less information is around and a user now has less to work with they may have to make 2 threads to get a trade going instead of one. This is my assumption of slowing down trades, and to me 1+1 takes longer than 1.

^Negan

Can u tell me something about your real problem?
Dont want to offense u - but i dont get your point.

Someone make a poll for a new Option.
Some people say yes, some people say no.

You are the only guy in this topic spam every day and tell all other Users they are idiots and they dont get the point that the option can be wrong.

Now my Question:

If u dont like the Option u can comment it with your arguments, but why the hell are u collection bunch of posts with your useless opinion^^
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev178910Next
Closed New Topic New Poll