d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > New Option "sold" On Trade Topics
Prev1678910Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 79,060.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 17 2021 11:10pm
Voted yes, I like the idea :)
Gold: 326,705.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 17 2021 11:13pm
Quote (Linkin @ 18 Apr 2021 01:10)

Nice goose you got there bud
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Apr 17 2021 11:23pm
Quote (Linkin @ 17 Apr 2021 22:10)

Quote (yoitsbick @ 17 Apr 2021 22:13)
Nice goose you got there bud

This is a good example of Community.
The Staff being aware of rules being broken and those whom may find themselves surrounded by those who continue to break them. I do not know why or how taking any part of that kind of thing away from the trading forums is the safest move for everyone here or the site in general.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Apr 17 2021 11:24pm
Gold: 4,300.00
Apr 17 2021 11:39pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 18 2021 07:23am)
This is a good example of Community.
The Staff being aware of rules being broken and those whom may find themselves surrounded by those who continue to break them. I do not know why or how taking any part of that kind of thing away from the trading forums is the safest move for everyone here or the site in general.

Sir, I think you are not helping the community with your comments.
Respect people's choice and stop focusing Negan, he is a nice guy, he only want to make D2jsp better.
NN an answer, please can you let the topic clean?, let's make things easier
Thanks a lot, have a nice day.
Apr 18 2021 12:12am
Quote (21111987 @ 17 Apr 2021 22:39)
Sir, I think you are not helping the community with your comments.
Respect people's choice and stop focusing Negan, he is a nice guy, he only want to make D2jsp better.
NN an answer, please can you let the topic clean?, let's make things easier
Thanks a lot, have a nice day.

My focus is on the site and all the users in general. I am sorry you cannot see that. I am glad you are participating in the community side of this topic. I think traders can do the same thing but in another universal trading language. Please try to focus on that instead of any user in this site suggestion. As for the peoples choice, I respect that everyone has an opinion and has made a choice. It would be the most toxic and rude thing for me to think or say otherwise. I have engaged with users that have been actively participating in the site suggestion and happen to be a part of a real time example of some of my general concerns. P21111987 Please understand without the Community here now you probably would not have commented the way you did, and that is a sure principle of what is going to happen to the trading forums when everyone is following around the lazy lawn type.

As for a trading and community example, you yourself along with Negan cannot continuously follow the site rules. How do others and I know you and Negan will not find a way to abuse this site feature ( if implemented ) for your benefit or the immediate benefit of the community close to you? Will you find ways to beat the system and make it harder for staff to do their part? I do not know. Why are you pointing the finger at me when I am focused on the site suggestion and my concern for the Community?

Part of the community aspect of this site gives those who pay attention the ability to see what users are doing to the maximum or minimum potential of the site, its members, and sort of other close networks. This continues on. If anything people need to be less lazy and engage with the users they trade with, may trade with in the future, or the community in general.

The current way of trading works and this site suggestion does not need to be implemented at this time.

Thank you.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Apr 18 2021 12:16am
Gold: 0.01
Apr 18 2021 12:48am
Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 18 2021 12:45am)
Sorry. Not all language is Universal.

Front Page of d2jsp.org states this.

I feel like this suggestion is not what this site is or how this site and the community became what it is. To me trading is very straight forward and that goes all the way up the forum. The site rules are very clear and staff speaks to that well. I feel like this method of "Completing a topic" would be used by lazy people or encourage people to be lazy. I think it would take away from the staffs ability to do what they are asked to do or enjoy doing here. Etc. Etc Etc.

If we are going to make topics "done, closed, completed, etc" because lazy and save time then we mine as well just send all of those to the void along with every other trade that is completed. Then I should be able to report someone for not closing their trade and wasting my time. lel... Spam.

P.S. How does everyone follow prices or trades that have gone wrong? How do you determine what an item or service sells for? If the whole site is encouraged to constantly edit everything in a trade thread to simplicity of being lazy, how can that be good for trades, for gaming, or the community? How would people consider an offer of 100,000 Forum Gold on something if one or the community did not see trades and more are successful for the price they are asking?

An item being sold and then labeled as sold is pretty straight forward.

The fuck is wrong with you?

Oh and how do people know what the price of something might be? Ohhh yes the price check option.......
Gold: 946.60
Apr 18 2021 07:26pm
Quote (Ruthless187g @ Apr 18 2021 01:48am)

Oh and how do people know what the price of something might be? Ohhh yes the price check option.......

He's a special kind of stupid, the sempervirus strikes again
Apr 19 2021 10:46am
Quote (Ruthless187g @ 17 Apr 2021 23:48)

Hey I am not disagreeing with you an item being label as sold is straight forward as sold.

That is my point though. People could trade something for 100k fg and if the topic will take 3 weeks to sell or more the first post my no longer be editable. Once it sells a user will just hit that "Sold" button, effectively deleting the information on the first post of the trade. People may have a hard time being able to price check on their own items if the majority of trades becomes edited at the beginning and end of it and across the whole site. Since the Bump button is largely used I don't see why Sold button would not be largely used too.

So this site suggestion may take away from the quality of information in a trade thread, and thus now people will need to increase use of the price check option to figure out what items are worth. On top of that when a user price checks an item it will be harder to agree to that price because the majority of successful trades now say Sold instead of all the previous information is could of contained.

These are just some things that will immediately change and now you are seeing that.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Apr 19 2021 10:48am
Gold: 946.60
Apr 19 2021 10:53am
Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 19 2021 11:46am)
Hey I am not disagreeing with you an item being label as sold is straight forward as sold.

That is my point though. People could trade something for 100k fg and if the topic will take 3 weeks to sell or more the first post my no longer be editable. Once it sells a user will just hit that "Sold" button, effectively deleting the information on the first post of the trade. People may have a hard time being able to price check on their own items if the majority of trades becomes edited at the beginning and end of it and across the whole site. Since the Bump button is largely used I don't see why Sold button would not be largely used too.

So this site suggestion may take away from the quality of information in a trade thread, and thus now people will need to increase use of the price check option to figure out what items are worth. On top of that when a user price checks an item it will be harder to agree to that price because the majority of successful trades now say Sold instead of all the previous information is could of contained.

These are just some things that will immediately change and now you are seeing that.

There is a "new price check" option for creating threads in the trading forums for reason
Apr 19 2021 10:56am
Quote (Bigworm @ 19 Apr 2021 09:53)
There is a "new price check" option for creating threads in the trading forums for reason

Yes lets have an increase of price checks across the whole site, trust everyone has a fair opinion on what you should sell or buy something for, and decrease already available information because I am lazy. :bonk:

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Apr 19 2021 10:57am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev1678910Next
Closed New Topic New Poll