d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Just Started Gym
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 290,700.00
Apr 1 2021 02:49pm
Looking for some advices, if you're willing to help post here/message me.(Basically need help with making a workout routine)

Would appreciate it!

This post was edited by Gotta on Apr 1 2021 02:49pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 1 2021 04:50pm
Instagram: Flexsthetics

I got you.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 1 2021 05:50pm
Squat, bench, deadlift, military press, dB or bb rows.

Do those exercises and you will put on lots of mass. Honestly if new you really don't have to worry about programing that much you will be gaining so fast that really all you have to do is just do more than last week. Eventually that liner progress will stop but not for a while.

If you're scrony you need to make sure you eat. Get yourself a bullet, easiest way to get extra calories is to drink them in my opinion especially if you have no lactose issues.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 1 2021 05:54pm
Gold: 4,435.00
Apr 1 2021 07:57pm
deadlifts and creatine/honey post workout
Apr 1 2021 10:42pm
What are your goals? Weight loss, strength, aesthetics, etc..

Where are you at currently physically? Are you already in relatively good shape? Do you need to lose some body fat?

With a little more information I think quite a few people who lurk this forum could give you some solid advice.

Apr 1 2021 10:52pm
Quote (Snazzy @ Apr 2 2021 10:12am)
What are your goals? Weight loss, strength, aesthetics, etc..

Where are you at currently physically? Are you already in relatively good shape? Do you need to lose some body fat?

With a little more information I think quite a few people who lurk this forum could give you some solid advice.

168Cm
176 pounds(80kg)

Looking forward to tone my body first mainly, most of my fat is around my thighs, sides and belly I suppose(mainly it's thighs and sides)
If it's possible I wouldn't mind gaining some muscle along the way of losing fat but yes if it slows down the process of losing fat quick then never mind.
It's a life long journey I get it but I gained so much of weight last year(12kgs) that it's really agitating so just want to lose the fat asap then I can work from there, wouldn't mind gaining and cutting etc from there.(on a side note : my clothes doesn't even fit anymore :lol: )

Quote (flussp @ Apr 2 2021 04:20am)
Instagram: Flexsthetics

I got you.

done ;)

Quote (SBD @ Apr 2 2021 05:20am)
Squat, bench, deadlift, military press, dB or bb rows.

Do those exercises and you will put on lots of mass. Honestly if new you really don't have to worry about programing that much you will be gaining so fast that really all you have to do is just do more than last week. Eventually that liner progress will stop but not for a while.

If you're scrony you need to make sure you eat. Get yourself a bullet, easiest way to get extra calories is to drink them in my opinion especially if you have no lactose issues.

Oh I was doing that before lockdown, gained 6kgs the right way but then during the lockdown I gained another 8kgs but it was all fat :lol: , lost a couple so far. as on right now I am trying to be on the calorie deficit so reduced my food intake + trying to eat clean and avoid salt/sugar. I am fairly new but I think I am doing fine, not eating enough I think so will increase some more of the food intake which will fulfil the essential requirement of my body such as vitamins/calcium/protein etc.

Quote (jadeoner @ Apr 2 2021 07:27am)
deadlifts and creatine/honey post workout

I think it's too early for me to deadlift, don't want to get injured :P

This post was edited by Gotta on Apr 1 2021 10:56pm
Apr 1 2021 11:19pm
Quote (Gotta @ 2 Apr 2021 00:52)
168Cm
176 pounds(80kg)

Looking forward to tone my body first mainly, most of my fat is around my thighs, sides and belly I suppose(mainly it's thighs and sides)
If it's possible I wouldn't mind gaining some muscle along the way of losing fat but yes if it slows down the process of losing fat quick then never mind.
It's a life long journey I get it but I gained so much of weight last year(12kgs) that it's really agitating so just want to lose the fat asap then I can work from there, wouldn't mind gaining and cutting etc from there.(on a side note : my clothes doesn't even fit anymore :lol: )

First and foremost you know your body, and you know your mind. If you are able to make drastic lifestyle and diet changes and keep them up go for it. But for a lot of people the drastic changes end up causing more harm than good.
You might diet hard for a few weeks but then one or two cheat meals spiral you down a hole of putting back on all that weight you just lost.
Take it slow and steady if you find yourself craving food or sweets and cheating. Gotta find the right balance for yourself.
I'm fine with boring meals, so I eat pretty much the same thing every day except for the weekends.

Figure out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) to ascertain how many calories your body burns in an average day. From there you cut back those calories to put yourself in a deficit.
I recommend starting out with about a 200 calorie deficit for a few weeks and see how your body reacts. If the weight isn't dropping, you can cut back more.

Decide how many days you can and want to exercise each week. Depends on your lifestyle and how much time you have, as well as how hard you want to push yourself.
Obviously the more you push yourself, the better and quicker the results. But also keep in mind you need Rest Days to recover. Those can be just as important as the days you spend in the gym.

Drink a lot of water. I personally aim for 1.5 to 2 gallons a day. Also make sure you get good sleep.

Once you decide how many days you want to be in the gym each week let me know and I can give you some simple workout routines you can try.

Abs are sculpted in the kitchen though.. You'll want to take that daily caloric intake and translate it into macros and track what you eat.

You'll be surprised how many calories are in simple things you eat every day like sauces and carbs.

Use apps like MyFittnessPal to track what you eat and hold yourself accountable. Invest in a food scale. Weigh and measure everything.

Aim for your bodyweight in grams of protein. Decide how many meals you want to eat a day and what kind of foods you want to eat.

I've done Keto, I've done Intermittent Fasting, and all of them work great. But not all of them work for everyone.

I hate meal prep. So my meals are heavily influenced by prep time :P
Gold: 8,107.00
Apr 14 2021 11:06am
Quote (Gotta @ Apr 1 2021 11:49pm)
Looking for some advices, if you're willing to help post here/message me.(Basically need help with making a workout routine)

Would appreciate it!

No improvement since we last spoke on discord before I got deployed? It’s all about consistency man. People break after 1-2 weeks and just stop completely going.
Apr 14 2021 12:42pm
Quote (GymShark4Life @ Apr 14 2021 10:36pm)
No improvement since we last spoke on discord before I got deployed? It’s all about consistency man. People break after 1-2 weeks and just stop completely going.

did 4 months regularly right until the lockdown. Got depressed then :lol: we're still partially on lockdown but ye it's manageable. I did start a few months ago but I injured my lower back which took about 2 months to heal.
I am not quitting and I will be consistent.
Gold: 8,107.00
Apr 14 2021 05:58pm
Quote (Gotta @ Apr 14 2021 09:42pm)
did 4 months regularly right until the lockdown. Got depressed then :lol: we're still partially on lockdown but ye it's manageable. I did start a few months ago but I injured my lower back which took about 2 months to heal.
I am not quitting and I will be consistent.

Good to hear man.

I’ve just had a lot of irl friends or military guys in general, ask to work out with me. One week would pass and they would completely quit. I would get “yeah man I’m too sore, oh yeah today is my rest day, nah not today man, today is cheat day.”

As long as you keep pushing, even when I got deployed they shoved us in what’s called “Camp Covid” I was not able to use the gym for weeks but I managed to do calisthenics in my 5x5 “room” box.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll