d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Build Back Better
Prev1222324252628Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 11 2021 11:30am
Quote (StopBeingStupid @ Mar 11 2021 11:05am)
Propaganda shouldn't be an issue if someone have the needed IQ to realize what's up. The main problem is that there's lot of low IQ individual in the last generation and these are the people who's voice are being heard for some reasons.

A good way out of this mess would be cleaning house and starting over with the strong minded people.

There's lot of people who feel insulted when being wrong. It's like they failed and there's no way back to normal. Which is why you will see individuals on pARD that will full dive in even when wrong. Won't start to name them because i don't want to offend them :D but it should be obvious to you.

I disagree. The high IQ intellectual classes tend to have a lot of their members indoctrinated into poisonous idealogies.

Iq is not a guarantee of everything, i think culture has played the larger role even though welfare is dropping the country’s average IQ off a cliff.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Mar 11 2021 11:30am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 11 2021 12:13pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 11 2021 09:30am)
I disagree. The high IQ intellectual classes tend to have a lot of their members indoctrinated into poisonous idealogies.

Iq is not a guarantee of everything, i think culture has played the larger role even though welfare is dropping the country’s average IQ off a cliff.

IQ is more important than you think. When fake news are being deployed, it's up to the people to be smart enough to see through lies and unite. Instead, there's a full blown race war over a crack addict called Floyd.
Mar 11 2021 02:51pm
Quote (StopBeingStupid @ Mar 11 2021 01:13pm)
IQ is more important than you think. When fake news are being deployed, it's up to the people to be smart enough to see through lies and unite. Instead, there's a full blown race war over a crack addict called Floyd.

Countries with an average IQ below 90 arent capable of maintaining Democracies so this does play some role
Gold: 260.11
Mar 11 2021 03:25pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 11 2021 02:51pm)
Countries with an average IQ below 90 arent capable of maintaining Democracies so this does play some role

Just a note on The Bell Curve, which is the most famous example where they called certain countries low IQ.

Their methodology was to extrapolate non-IQ data from low-income and low education workers and extrapolate that to the entire country. A paper was published in which they took factory workers in South Africa, gave them a symbols test, and then a few months later gave them a similar test, and noted their performance increased. The authors of The Bell Curve, which is where most of the "countries can have low IQ" stuff comes from, took that data which does not have a conversion to IQ, converted the lower of the tests to IQ anyway, then extrapolated the results to the entire country. Pretty obvious cherry picking, especially when you consider they did the same test with college prep students in the same country, those students scored significantly higher than the average score in the United States.

Anyway, I like to bring this up when people mention country wide or racial IQ. It's based off really bad science, which is why exceedingly few experts in the field take it seriously.
Mar 11 2021 03:45pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 11 2021 04:25pm)
Just a note on The Bell Curve, which is the most famous example where they called certain countries low IQ.

Their methodology was to extrapolate non-IQ data from low-income and low education workers and extrapolate that to the entire country. A paper was published in which they took factory workers in South Africa, gave them a symbols test, and then a few months later gave them a similar test, and noted their performance increased. The authors of The Bell Curve, which is where most of the "countries can have low IQ" stuff comes from, took that data which does not have a conversion to IQ, converted the lower of the tests to IQ anyway, then extrapolated the results to the entire country. Pretty obvious cherry picking, especially when you consider they did the same test with college prep students in the same country, those students scored significantly higher than the average score in the United States.

Anyway, I like to bring this up when people mention country wide or racial IQ. It's based off really bad science, which is why exceedingly few experts in the field take it seriously.

The top 5% of their scholars being barely above our average does not support your point or discredit the original argument.
Mar 11 2021 03:50pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 11 2021 03:45pm)
The top 5% of their scholars being barely above our average does not support your point or discredit the original argument.

It shows that they cherry picked the data to force their conclusion. It's bad methodology. Neither are representative of the whole, and that there was a higher and a lower group, and they cherry picked the lower group, it shows they intentionally did it to depress their reported value.
Mar 11 2021 06:00pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 11 2021 04:50pm)
It shows that they cherry picked the data to force their conclusion. It's bad methodology. Neither are representative of the whole, and that there was a higher and a lower group, and they cherry picked the lower group, it shows they intentionally did it to depress their reported value.

WAKANDA FOREVAH!!!
Mar 11 2021 06:07pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 11 2021 06:00pm)
WAKANDA FOREVAH!!!

The history of Africa is genuinely interesting. There were kingdoms to rival Rome and Greece at different periods of time. We're descended from Rome, so we learn about Rome, but Rome was far from the only great continent spanning power up to that point.
Mar 11 2021 06:09pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 11 2021 07:07pm)
The history of Africa is genuinely interesting. There were kingdoms to rival Rome and Greece at different periods of time. We're descended from Rome, so we learn about Rome, but Rome was far from the only great continent spanning power up to that point.

Egyptians were olive skinned whites descended from Mesopotamia.

Africa has never had clean water. It was impossible for them to evolve into farming societies because the climate favored other activities to a fault
Gold: 1,005.00
Mar 11 2021 06:25pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 11 2021 12:30pm)

Lol at the subtle antisemitist jab.

I do agree that current society is missing a sense of community and decades back, some tenets from the Bible did help in that aspect. It's just unfortunate that people need to convert to religion and abide by a book and believe in a deity in order to follow a decent moral framework with toxic elements like homophobia, misogyny, heaven or hell, etc.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1222324252628Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll