d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Second Article Of Impeachment Laid - Trump
Prev1303132333441Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 20 2021 08:59am
Quote (Crunkt @ Jan 20 2021 07:33am)
my 300 your 300 there are no bombs that go off today in DC

Trump already bombed the white house toilet. No flush.
Gold: 17,609.00
Jan 20 2021 08:59am
Quote (SBD @ 20 Jan 2021 09:59)
Trump already bombed the white house toilet. No flush.

fuck. I lose. sending.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 20 2021 09:05am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 20 2021 09:26am)
Kamala Harris specifically called out the MN riots in her tweet. The suggestion that this was just some overarching, long-held theoretical belief on cash bail is simply not true.

Bold - Stop demonizing your opposition. No one believes that. People are largely a self-interested lot, politicians more so. Politicians of all stripes, even those who support positions I am sympathetic to, have a long history of acting in an amoral and expedient manner. You have decided to embrace a world with Democratic "good guys" and Republican "bad guys". It's a fantasy. You are not living in the real world.

Protesting =/= rioting. Words are hard. I don't know what Kamala's position on cash bail was before she got in the senate... but while in the senate she has opposed it. It's a pretty standard position for people who support criminal justice reform.

Much of the right believes it... that's how you can justify supporting an evil man, because he fights the evil people on the other side. And it's kind of absurd to think that Kamala supporting rioters makes any sense politically. The riots probably hurt Democrats in the election. And if we assume your talking points are true, that she's supporting the rioters for political reasons, that is immoral behavior. One might even call it evil.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jan 20 2021 09:07am
Gold: 57.00
Jan 20 2021 09:10am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 20 Jan 2021 09:12)
describing violent criminals and rioters as merely 'poor people' is such a dishonest misrepresentation to avoid recognizing the validity of the comparison.

Antifa/BLM rioters were guilty of far worse than a few LARPers who strolled into your religious building.

icepeon sees any minority she/heimmediately thinks they are “poor people”. par for the course for that user

lol’d at the bold
Gold: 633.87
Jan 20 2021 09:31am
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 20 2021 10:05am)
Protesting =/= rioting. Words are hard. I don't know what Kamala's position on cash bail was before she got in the senate... but while in the senate she has opposed it. It's a pretty standard position for people who support criminal justice reform.

Much of the right believes it... that's how you can justify supporting an evil man, because he fights the evil people on the other side. And it's kind of absurd to think that Kamala supporting rioters makes any sense politically. The riots probably hurt Democrats in the election. And if we assume your talking points are true, that she's supporting the rioters for political reasons, that is immoral behavior. One might even call it evil.

When someone points to the MN riots, and says "let's get these protesters out of jail", they are talking about the MN riots; they are not talking about a high level policy discussion on cash bail. The "protesters" Kamala is referring to went to jail for a myriad of crimes. Assaulting police, arson, torching cars, etc. In simpler times, the word for that was just "riot", but we can hardly expect Kamala Harris to refer to a movement she supports with a word that is synonymous with criminality.

Harris supported the riots because her party supported the riots. Her party supported the riots because it was their activists doing the rioting. To call it a riot would be to undermine what your activists are doing, and so we have had a year now of gaslighting and referring to the riots by increasingly outlandish names, e.g. "fiery but mostly peaceful protests".

You have been dissembling for a few pages now, it's time to put your money where your mouth is.
Jan 20 2021 10:06am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 20 2021 10:31am)
When someone points to the MN riots, and says "let's get these protesters out of jail", they are talking about the MN riots; they are not talking about a high level policy discussion on cash bail. The "protesters" Kamala is referring to went to jail for a myriad of crimes. Assaulting police, arson, torching cars, etc. In simpler times, the word for that was just "riot", but we can hardly expect Kamala Harris to refer to a movement she supports with a word that is synonymous with criminality.

Harris supported the riots because her party supported the riots. Her party supported the riots because it was their activists doing the rioting. To call it a riot would be to undermine what your activists are doing, and so we have had a year now of gaslighting and referring to the riots by increasingly outlandish names, e.g. "fiery but mostly peaceful protests".

You have been dissembling for a few pages now, it's time to put your money where your mouth is.

This is all rubbish. You're taking incorrect assumptions and stacking them together to make baseless arguments. Reminds me of Goom tbh.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 20 2021 10:44am
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 20 2021 11:06am)
This is all rubbish. You're taking incorrect assumptions and stacking them together to make baseless arguments. Reminds me of Goom tbh.

Most of these Trumpers argue in bad faith. They have a perverted world view based on narcissism and solipsism and lack decency. It's not even worth making a coherent and logical argument because if you argue with fools, you become the fool.
Gold: 633.87
Jan 20 2021 10:54am
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 20 2021 11:06am)

In all likelihood, you didn't read the tweet before constructing the excuse that Harris wasn't talking about something she was explicitly talking about.

Sometimes we make mistakes.

Quote (endymionlune @ Jan 20 2021 11:44am)
Most of these Trumpers argue in bad faith. They have a perverted world view based on narcissism and solipsism and lack decency. It's not even worth making a coherent and logical argument because if you argue with fools, you become the fool.

You've dodged twice now, bud. We are all well aware that you're a light-weight.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jan 20 2021 10:58am
Jan 20 2021 11:01am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 20 2021 11:54am)
In all likelihood, you didn't read the tweet before constructing the excuse that Harris wasn't talking about something she was explicitly talking about.

Nope... someone made this argument months ago.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 20 2021 11:04am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 20 2021 11:54am)

You've dodged twice now, bud. We are all well aware that you're a light-weight.

Taking the effort to dissect your incoherent arguments is a waste of time. I've done it multiple times. It just makes me the fool. You don't have sound arguments.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1303132333441Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll