d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Second Article Of Impeachment Laid - Trump
Prev1282930313241Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.93
Jan 19 2021 09:22pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 20 2021 03:39am)
Maduro is a bus driver, AOC is a bartender. Give it a few years.

No one is concerned about Biden. He is a senile old man who will be gone in 4 years. We are talking, as always, about the American left.

Oh please aoc is six times as educated as you are she bartended her way through college, stop being a hack.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jan 19 2021 09:24pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jan 19 2021 07:22pm)
Oh please aoc is six times as educated as you are she bartended her way through college, stop being a hack.

She's hardly educated and was a bartender well after college...
Jan 19 2021 09:31pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jan 20 2021 02:24pm)
She's hardly educated and was a bartender well after college...

Ocasio-Cortez graduated from Boston University, majoring in economics and international relations.

Sounds like useful fields for a senator.
Supporting her family after her father died is really going to be the point of attack used on aoc?
I thought all you right wing hacks went on about bettering yourself and working your way up, but when its a woman on the left suddenly you look down on her?

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jan 19 2021 09:33pm
Gold: 633.87
Jan 19 2021 09:42pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 19 2021 09:41pm)
The left is winning the fight... even though Biden was the most centrist candidate in the primary... even though at his core he's a unifying figure who expressed the genuine desire to work with Republicans... even though he, and most Democrats, condemned the rioting in the summer.

The Kavanaugh fight is an example of how toxic American politics can be, and how politicians playing hardball can result in some of their supporters becoming unhinged. But ultimately Kavanaugh was made a Supreme Court justice. And I don't think people on the left who fervently opposed his nomination, and believed Blasey Ford, were by and large bad faith actors. Supreme Court picks are extremely consequential, so it's not surprising when things get heated.

My main point is that it's silly to pretend the left controls the Democratic party... especially when it's almost a certainty that even with control of the Senate, the filibuster will not get removed.

This sort of catastrophizing is how people elect, and then defend, a corrupt and evil man like Donald Trump. It's not good for our democracy.

Biden, when pressed, after months of rioting, mumbled something about "both sides". His Vice-President actively worked to get rioters back on the street committing crimes. Nancy Pelosi referred to federal agents protecting federal Courthouses as "storm-troopers".

Let's not try to gaslight this. Nancy Pelosi didn't care about the damage or the lives any more than she cared that Brett Kavanaugh was not an actual rapist. I get the desire to not be a constant cynic, but here you are just being taken advantage of.
Jan 19 2021 10:09pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jan 19 2021 07:31pm)
Ocasio-Cortez graduated from Boston University, majoring in economics and international relations.

Sounds like useful fields for a senator.
Supporting her family after her father died is really going to be the point of attack used on aoc?
I thought all you right wing hacks went on about bettering yourself and working your way up, but when its a woman on the left suddenly you look down on her?

You insulted bogie by saying that she is more educated than him. I'm pretty sure he went to a higher ranked college than her AND she only graduated cum laude (B student). From an academic point of view, she isn't impressive at all. If you want an impressive woman, check out Katie Porter. She went to Harvard and then Yale Law school (the best in the country). She ended up clerking for an 8th circuit judge (one of the most prestigious positions outside of clerking for the Supreme Court).

AOC is a great communicator and that's it. She's simply unimpressive relative to her peers.
Jan 19 2021 10:14pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jan 20 2021 03:09pm)
You insulted bogie by saying that she is more educated than him. I'm pretty sure he went to a higher ranked college than her AND she only graduated cum laude (B student). From an academic point of view, she isn't impressive at all. If you want an impressive woman, check out Katie Porter. She went to Harvard and then Yale Law school (the best in the country). She ended up clerking for an 8th circuit judge (one of the most prestigious positions outside of clerking for the Supreme Court).

AOC is a great communicator and that's it. She's simply unimpressive relative to her peers.

Bogie was calling aoc a bartender when her actual job title is united states senator..
I was simply pointing out that attacking whatever job someone works along the road to bettering themselves shits on conservative rhetoric.
Jan 19 2021 10:15pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jan 19 2021 08:14pm)
Bogie was calling aoc a bartender when her actual job title is united states senator..
I was simply pointing out that attacking whatever job someone works along the road to bettering themselves shits on conservative rhetoric.

She is NOT a Senator. She is a member of the House of Reps. There's no way she could win a statewide election because she's too radical.
Gold: 633.87
Jan 19 2021 10:22pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jan 19 2021 11:14pm)

She has an undergraduate degree and her practical experience is bartending.

Maduro is the president of Venezuela, and yet his practical experience is a bus-driver, though perhaps now he's better at running countries into the ground.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jan 19 2021 10:23pm
Jan 19 2021 10:30pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 20 2021 03:22pm)
She has an undergraduate degree and her practical experience is bartending.

Maduro is the president of Venezuela, and yet his practical experience is a bus-driver, though perhaps now he's better at running countries into the ground.

She worked for Ted Cruz..
Jan 19 2021 10:32pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jan 19 2021 08:30pm)
She worked for Ted Cruz..

No she didn't. You're thinking of Ted Kennedy, the drunk who killed someone.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1282930313241Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll