d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Thanksgiving Hypocrisy
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 350.00
Nov 27 2020 06:54am
Many governments across the country of the US have said, "Dont visit family stay home, we dont want to spread covid anymore; especially at a time where numbers are increasing drastically"
Governors Cuomo of New York, and Mayor Hancock of Denver, have said this, But then they go off and visit kin.
Governor Brown of Oregon has even stated that those who do not follow regulations will be arrested (speaking of restrictions on groups) yet she does not touch on the slums that are more of a health concern with used needles on sidewalks.
So, the individual cannot practice this holiday with family, but the politician can! And Covid is not an issue when we are protesting, or shopping during black friday or so on, but when it comes to the individual spending time with their family? We have to stop it.
The state of the country is pretty sad.
The government has failed us, they did not help with the lockdowns because many lost jobs/homes, many small businesses lost customers and had to close (even more now) and almost nuking competition against large corporations.
The power should be apparent to the people. It is not white supremacy, nor is it racial unjustice, but rather the people with power that have not contributed to fixing the actual issue, which is them!
The answer to our dilemma can not simply rest on the shoulders of the individual, the governments must also do their part. I am not asking for stricter regulations on people, I do not want more money thrown at the issue, and there is likely no good answer other than let nature run its course.
When people are being arrested for participating in holidays, but the politician can. There is something very wrong going on.
Gold: 285.00
Nov 27 2020 06:57am
Good thing we voted the biggest bum out of office. A strong federal example and recommendations could have gone a long way. Governors have been on their own managing a pandemic in their states and they are like fifty individuals fighting lonely fights.
Nov 27 2020 07:04am
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 27 2020 07:57am)
Good thing we voted the biggest bum out of office. A strong federal example and recommendations could have gone a long way. Governors have been on their own managing a pandemic in their states and they are like fifty individuals fighting lonely fights.

But Biden said people should spend Thanksgiving with the family they live with, yet people in office still did what was wrong. I hope it is very visible that the situation is very assbackwards.
The government is only in it for themselves, to do what they have to to push their own agenda.
Nov 27 2020 07:05am
Quote (NotHomerSimpson @ Nov 27 2020 08:04am)
But Biden said people should spend Thanksgiving with the family they live with, yet people in office still did what was wrong. I hope it is very visible that the situation is very assbackwards.
The government is only in it for themselves, to do what they have to to push their own agenda.

Biden isn't sworn in as president until January 2021. Right now he is just a guy. We have leaders to judge now, and it is a good time to judge them, because a lot of them are at the end of their tenure.
Nov 27 2020 07:08am
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 27 2020 08:05am)
Biden isn't sworn in as president until January 2021. Right now he is just a guy. We have leaders to judge now, and it is a good time to judge them, because a lot of them are at the end of their tenure.

I think one crucial move for the people is to decide something about congress too, I think that they should have limited terms. And the officials elected currently oughta but judged harshly, if they are going to be such hypocrites!
Nov 27 2020 07:14am
Quote (NotHomerSimpson @ Nov 27 2020 08:08am)
I think one crucial move for the people is to decide something about congress too, I think that they should have limited terms. And the officials elected currently oughta but judged harshly, if they are going to be such hypocrites!

Term limits 100%. I'm in my 40's and pretty much my entire voting life has been about Pelosi and McConnell squabbling. Before that Newt Gingrich and Strom Thurman was the picture of corruption. Robert Byrd is perhaps the most notorious individual for entrenched power. He was a Klansmen who switched to the Democratic party AFTER the Southern Strategy. Incumbent advantage is apparently too strong IMO.

And machine spoils politics is the real problem. How many people voted for Donald Trump who didn't like him because they were voting for their team, the GOP? How many people pinched their nose when they voted for Biden this year because they were voting against another person and there wasn't anyone else to choose from? Or because they wanted their Democrat team to win even if they didn't like the guy?

Sometimes you might get a turd but you don't want to lose. What happens when government becomes full of turds though? We should flush the motherfuckers lol. Now I'm going to work. Hope the hospital is reasonable this Black Friday. Hopefully those Thanksgiving gathering symptoms get put off until the weekend.

This post was edited by Skinned on Nov 27 2020 07:16am
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 27 2020 07:52am
I don't understand people who are more enraged at politicians who encourage responsible behavior but then get caught behaving irresponsibly, rather than ones like Trump who encourage irresponsible behavior and also behave irresponsibly. Blatantly endangering others through your statements and actions is much worse than simply being a hypocrite.
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 27 2020 07:57am
Common Cuomo was planning to make it with his 2 daughters and mother (89) rofl

Cancelled it [To do some charity like below] btw.

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Nov 27 2020 08:07am
Gold: 500.00
Nov 27 2020 08:08am
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 27 2020 08:52am)
I don't understand people who are more enraged at politicians who encourage responsible behavior but then get caught behaving irresponsibly, rather than ones like Trump who encourage irresponsible behavior and also behave irresponsibly. Blatantly endangering others through your statements and actions is much worse than simply being a hypocrite.

It's the hypocrisy

E.g. public gatherings are bad because it spreads the plague virus that kills people unless you're gathering for black lives matter rallies in which case it's ok to continue the spread of a plague virus that kills people

The left doesn't take the virus as seriously as they want the right to and it's been called out in many different ways over the past year

My friends mother passed away recently and he wasn't allowed to spend much time with her in the hospital over past year. I told him he ought to go in there with a blm flag and the nurses won't dare touch him 🤔

This post was edited by duffman316 on Nov 27 2020 08:09am
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 27 2020 08:13am
Quote (duffman316 @ Nov 27 2020 09:08am)
It's the hypocrisy

E.g. public gatherings are bad because it spreads the plague virus that kills people unless you're gathering for black lives matter rallies in which case it's ok to continue the spread of a plague virus that kills people

The left doesn't take the virus as seriously as they want the right to and it's been called out in many different ways over the past year

My friends mother passed away recently and he wasn't allowed to spend much time with her in the hospital over past year. I told him he ought to go in there with a blm flag and the nurses won't dare touch him 🤔

I'll take hypocrites that often say and do the right things over people who consistently say and do the wrong things.

This post was edited by IceMage on Nov 27 2020 08:17am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll