d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Thanksgiving Hypocrisy
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 27 2020 12:37pm
Quote (NotHomerSimpson @ Nov 27 2020 12:31pm)
But they work too much! Congressman should not be a career when it is civil duty; originally they only got reimbursed for travel. and thats it.

i have to think it takes several years just to learn the ins and outs of washington and establish contacts and shit
i guess 12 years would be alright for senate
still think 20 for SC
Gold: 4,400.67
Nov 27 2020 03:36pm
Quote (chemoshots @ 27 Nov 2020 19:37)
i have to think it takes several years just to learn the ins and outs of washington and establish contacts and shit
i guess 12 years would be alright for senate
still think 20 for SC

I would say 18 years for the senate (3 terms) and the House (enough to climb the ranks of House leadership and committees, not enough to make it the only job of your life), and 19 or 23 years for the Supreme Court. (A prime number, so that there is no pattern where presidential elections every X years have a cluster of vacancies coming up.) So a scotus judge who was appointed at age 50 could serve until he or she turns 73, which is a good age to hang up the robe.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Nov 27 2020 03:50pm
Quote (NotHomerSimpson @ 27 Nov 2020 06:54)
Many governments across the country of the US have said, "Dont visit family stay home, we dont want to spread covid anymore; especially at a time where numbers are increasing drastically"
Governors Cuomo of New York, and Mayor Hancock of Denver, have said this, But then they go off and visit kin.
Governor Brown of Oregon has even stated that those who do not follow regulations will be arrested (speaking of restrictions on groups) yet she does not touch on the slums that are more of a health concern with used needles on sidewalks.
So, the individual cannot practice this holiday with family, but the politician can! And Covid is not an issue when we are protesting, or shopping during black friday or so on, but when it comes to the individual spending time with their family? We have to stop it.
The state of the country is pretty sad.
The government has failed us, they did not help with the lockdowns because many lost jobs/homes, many small businesses lost customers and had to close (even more now) and almost nuking competition against large corporations.
The power should be apparent to the people. It is not white supremacy, nor is it racial unjustice, but rather the people with power that have not contributed to fixing the actual issue, which is them!
The answer to our dilemma can not simply rest on the shoulders of the individual, the governments must also do their part. I am not asking for stricter regulations on people, I do not want more money thrown at the issue, and there is likely no good answer other than let nature run its course.
When people are being arrested for participating in holidays, but the politician can. There is something very wrong going on.

Communists don't follow the rules they enforce. This is documented all throughout history.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 27 2020 03:59pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Nov 27 2020 04:36pm)
I would say 18 years for the senate (3 terms) and the House (enough to climb the ranks of House leadership and committees, not enough to make it the only job of your life), and 19 or 23 years for the Supreme Court. (A prime number, so that there is no pattern where presidential elections every X years have a cluster of vacancies coming up.) So a scotus judge who was appointed at age 50 could serve until he or she turns 73, which is a good age to hang up the robe.

i like it
whatchu think about min/max age requirements?
Gold: 2,617.52
Nov 27 2020 04:53pm
Quote (chemoshots @ Nov 27 2020 04:59pm)
i like it
whatchu think about min/max age requirements?

A day older than Bernie Sanders
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll