d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Torchlight Series > Torchlight Ii - Hardcore Elite Lvl. 100 Demigod Wt
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 13 2020 10:19am
At level 9 i get Elemental Attunement. This skill increases, the shock/burn/freezing durations cause by the Prismatic Bolt. I don't much use for these duration effects right now, but at level 14 i can start investing points in the three passive elemental brands... Elemental brands deal elemental damage bonus to electrocuted/frozen/burning enemies and will be my main damage dealers, while the prismatic bolt serves as the trigger for these effect and the attunement to extend them.

Nice belt, too bad it doesn't have some sockets on it

Fishing can provide pet gear and pet consumables. It's kinda annoying and slow to wait for each turn, so later i'll be using dynamite to blow the fishing holes for a quicker catch and a slight rist to destroy some of the fish/items

Nov 13 2020 10:22am
Here's something from the fishing trip

Each one of these guys hits me for half of my health, and they're not even champions... There's a quest dungeon in this graveyard, but i'm not going down in any dungeons, before i clear the overworld map first.

A random Phase Beast spawned. Killing him opens a phase portal to a random challenge for some loot rewards. These challenges are not worth the effort at Elite because they are extremely dangerous and will most likely end me. I'm not doing them

Nov 13 2020 10:24am

For every 5 invested skill points, the active skills get a tier upgrade. In the case of Prismatic Bolt, it's 10% more damage for each tier.

My doggy is getting destroyed at every step.

Nov 13 2020 10:26am
My first unique item

The level requirement is too high, i have no use for it

A nasty welcoming party in the next dungeon

Nov 13 2020 10:28am
There was no way to run, but exit the dungeon through the entrance

But i managed to hold my ground

Another champion... i'm not complaining, that's more fame points for me, but it's scary when i don't have enough room to retreat. Every champion pushes you way back and you need space to fight them

Nov 13 2020 10:31am
This boss hits hard, but moves very slow and it's very easy to dodge his attacks

He summons a lot of skeletons which is annoying, but still, there's enough room to fight here

Next in line is the first major boss of the game - General Grell. I will deal with him tomorrow. He also might turn out to be a major farming spot, as i will need a bunch of damage reduction unique socketables that only he can drop

Nov 14 2020 06:47am
Time to get back on the horse...

Kiting - The Game!

Kite for a living

Nov 14 2020 06:49am
Nice!

Oh... it's for Engineer...

I needed just one more level to significantly increase my damage before the boss fight... i was so close...

Nov 14 2020 06:53am
I leveled at Grell. At level 14 i get my Frost Phase - this will be my teleport skill, it will improve my Grell farming and safety, as i can teleport out of danger now.

I intentionally kept 5 points for level 14, because here i get access to the three passive Elemental Brands.

Nov 14 2020 07:18am
I would normally invest one point in the skill Thunder Locus at this stage, but increasing my charge rate is more important right now

Okay so here's the build concept. The Prismatic build is probably the simplest, yet effective embermage build in the game. The whole build at max level is as follows:

Prismatic Bolt - 15 points
Lightning Brand - 15 points
Ice Brand - 15 points
Fire Brand - 15 points

And that's it, the rest is up to the player. You can experiment with a variety of skills. The main concept works like this - Prismatic Bolt is best for causing elemental effects, while the brands deal massive damage to enemies who are under those effects. So the Prismatict Bolt is just a trigger for everything. I will invest a few points in Elemental Attunement for higher chance to trigger elemental effects and also, longer durations. The great thing is, all enemies can get electrocuted/frozen/burned at once, so they'll be receiving damage from all brands at the same time. This damage can be devastating at high levels, with a lot of focus attribute points and high faster cast speed.

The rest of my build by my personal choice will be as follows:

15 points - Thunder Locus - this is a stationary turret type of skill. You summon a lightning ball that stays in one place and damages nearby targets. Works perfectly in combination of with Prismatic Bolt, because you cast it in a group of enemies and then spam the bolt... so it doesn't interrupt your flow
15 points - Ice Prison - another stationary skill. You summon a circle of ice pillars that can enrapture enemies or block them from reaching you. Works greatly in combination of the Locus and at max level it has only 2 seconds of cooldown and i can re-cast it constantly... when re-cast the old prison shatters causing massive cold damage to nearby targets
15 points - Frozen Fate - a passive crowd control skill. When you kill an enemy Frozen fate gives you the chance to freeze between 1 and 4 nearby enemies. At max level it has 85% chance to freeze foes
6 points - Elemental Attunement. Already explained that one
15 points - Charge Mastery. Already explained that one too.
5 points - Elemental Boon. This skill i never used before. It's a duration buff, it gives bonus elemental damage for 15, but has 30 second cooldown, so i'll only use it against champions and bosses
1 point - Frost Phase - just for teleporting

If my math is correct, that's 132 skill points total - 100 points from xp leveling and 32 points from fame levels. That's the whole build.

Here are the mention skills... forgot to screen Elemental Boon. But i don't really care about it, so i might end up putting 11 points in Elemental Attunement instead. If i infest in it, it will be my last 5 skill points before max xp and fame levels.

Go Back To Torchlight Series Topic List
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll