d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Amy Coney Barrett Hearings
Prev1181920212246Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Oct 18 2020 06:37pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 18 2020 04:43pm)
Why does this criminal deserve $$ from the taxpayer? I think the prison guard should have all his assets seized and given to the criminal instead.

Law enforcement should be executed instantly for any crime, period, without trial, and their victims given all of their assets. Seems fair.

Conservatives already endorse the opposite (e.g. police executions are ok for someone who jaywalked 16 years ago, and so is asset forfeiture) . So it’s already a principle that we understand works.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Oct 18 2020 06:38pm
Gold: 32,161.71
Oct 18 2020 09:06pm
In a world where police departments would have to be personally responsible for paying restitution fees, I think we would certainly see a decrease in unnecessary force cases lol

Doctors are held personally liable for mistakes, fiscally not just losing their job. Insert XYZ field and you will have similar liabilities. Don’t see why police should have it different tbh

How many tax dollars go to unnecessary police lawsuits?

This post was edited by Bazi on Oct 18 2020 09:15pm
Gold: 101.80
Warn: 70%
Oct 18 2020 09:39pm
decorum
Gold: 9,484.00
Oct 18 2020 09:43pm
Quote (Bazi @ Oct 18 2020 11:06pm)
In a world where police departments would have to be personally responsible for paying restitution fees, I think we would certainly see a decrease in unnecessary force cases lol

Doctors are held personally liable for mistakes, fiscally not just losing their job. Insert XYZ field and you will have similar liabilities. Don’t see why police should have it different tbh

How many tax dollars go to unnecessary police lawsuits?

How does that actually work tho? They’re public servants, government allocates money to them. What are you going to do cut 10 cops off your force if there’s a lawsuit to pay for?

Doctors are held responsible because they are for the most part a private business, like all business there’s layers of liability insurance.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 18 2020 10:00pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 18 2020 10:43pm)
How does that actually work tho? They’re public servants, government allocates money to them. What are you going to do cut 10 cops off your force if there’s a lawsuit to pay for?

Doctors are held responsible because they are for the most part a private business, like all business there’s layers of liability insurance.

Taxes go up to pay for police or police presence goes down

The public and businesses in the area get pissed at higher taxes and longer response times

Government sees angry citizens and institutes meaningful reform so they can avoid having to raise taxes further

I mean, in the ideal world at least that's what would happen.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 18 2020 10:13pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 18 Oct 2020 23:43)

dont give them any ideas, lefties already tried to nationalize healthcare here and we ended up with ‘free affordable universal healthcare’ primarily financed by the tax dollars of working and middle-class. next they will nationalize doctors lawyers accountants and financial professionals
Oct 18 2020 10:15pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 19 2020 12:00am)
Taxes go up to pay for police or police presence goes down

The public and businesses in the area get pissed at higher taxes and longer response times

Government sees angry citizens and institutes meaningful reform so they can avoid having to raise taxes further

I mean, in the ideal world at least that's what would happen.

Meaningful reform lol.

I was just watching the local news. 21 year old black girl shot dead in a drive by. Her dad in tears talking about it. I wonder why do people that are most impacted by violent crime never the loudest voices for these various type of ‘reforms’ it’s always white privileged liberals living in suburbs or in neighborhoods completely safe with little to no fear for their kids safety.

In fact people like this father are some of the strongest voices against cutting police presence in their neighborhoods. Just like some of the strongest opponents of defunding NYC police were black and Hispanic lawmakers representing predominantly black and Latino neighborhoods in city neighborhoods that see a ton of violent crime.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Oct 18 2020 10:16pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Oct 18 2020 10:21pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 19 Oct 2020 06:15)
Meaningful reform lol.

I was just watching the local news. 21 year old black girl shot dead in a drive by. Her dad in tears talking about it. I wonder why do people that are most impacted by violent crime never the loudest voices for these various type of ‘reforms’ it’s always white privileged liberals living in suburbs or in neighborhoods completely safe with little to no fear for their kids safety.

In fact people like this father are some of the strongest voices against cutting police presence in their neighborhoods. Just like some of the strongest opponents of defunding NYC police were black and Hispanic lawmakers representing predominantly black and Latino neighborhoods in city neighborhoods that see a ton of violent crime.

something something "internalized racism" yada yada
Gold: 260.11
Oct 18 2020 10:21pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 18 2020 11:15pm)
Meaningful reform lol.

Are you actually interested in why it's "mostly white people" or are you only interested in using the appearance of that as a rhetorical tool?
Oct 18 2020 10:29pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 19 2020 12:21am)
Are you actually interested in why it's "mostly white people" or are you only interested in using the appearance of that as a rhetorical tool?

The thousands of victims families and friends don’t want less cops you dolt in fact for the most part they’re at least somewhat angry at government for allowing their neighborhoods to get that bad.

These are the people that should be asked first and foremost, not some 22 year old college student who lives a sheltered life or the virtue signaling politician casting blame irresponsible and fanning dangerous flames just because they can leverage that anger to get elected or stay in office.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1181920212246Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll