d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Star Wars Do-over > Latest Trilogy Will Irrelevant
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.66
Jul 15 2020 10:58am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 15 2020 12:54pm
I'll never understand why so many people are this butthurt over the new trilogy. They're bad, but they're still better than the fucking prequels, which everyone apparently loves now? Honestly, the original three aren't even that good lol. I love them, but SW has never had amazing acting, story or direction, it's often been fucking terrible (see all of Return for example)

Disney did what they always do. They made a super generic action blockbuster with bad writing, mediocre characters, and lots of special effects. It was the exact same formula they use for all their superhero movies, which is mostly the same audience.

If people stopped feeding them cash for every piece of shit movie they push out, maybe theyll actually make something good.
Jul 15 2020 02:31pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 15 2020 02:54pm)
I'll never understand why so many people are this butthurt over the new trilogy. They're bad, but they're still better than the fucking prequels, which everyone apparently loves now? Honestly, the original three aren't even that good lol. I love them, but SW has never had amazing acting, story or direction, it's often been fucking terrible (see all of Return for example)

Disney did what they always do. They made a super generic action blockbuster with bad writing, mediocre characters, and lots of special effects. It was the exact same formula they use for all their superhero movies, which is mostly the same audience.

If people stopped feeding them cash for every piece of shit movie they push out, maybe theyll actually make something good.

The recent trilogy makes the prequels look like Nolan’s batman trilogy. I’ll take George Lucas and all his corniness over that garbage disney star wars any day. I think Michael Bay would have done better. Thats how bad it has gotten. And yes better movies would occur if people stop throwing their money at these goombas. But those times are over. Back in the day you could smoke in theaters and enjoy yourself. Nowadays it’s all about the kids and man children. I feel like I was born in the wrong era.
Jul 15 2020 03:55pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Jul 15 2020 01:31pm)
The recent trilogy makes the prequels look like Nolan’s batman trilogy. I’ll take George Lucas and all his corniness over that garbage disney star wars any day. I think Michael Bay would have done better. Thats how bad it has gotten. And yes better movies would occur if people stop throwing their money at these goombas. But those times are over. Back in the day you could smoke in theaters and enjoy yourself. Nowadays it’s all about the kids and man children. I feel like I was born in the wrong era.

How anyone believes the prequels are better is a mystery to me. Both trilogies suck ass, but did everyone forget that just about everyone was sucking off TFA when it came out? TLJ is probably the worst SW movie ever made, but the other two are slightly less pieces of shit than the three pieces of shit the prequel gave us. As annoying and bad as TLJ was, none of the acting in the entire trilogy was anywhere near as bad as young or old Anakin, his character development was almost as bad as Rey's and Jarjar was 100x worse than BB. I get that people hate the new ones, that's fine, but fuckers need to stop pretending that SW has ever been good lol.

It's been all about kids for decades, which is why blockbuster films are mostly PG13, it caters to the widest audience, which means more revenue, which is all that matters.
Gold: 107.77
Jul 15 2020 04:50pm
Tfa was rehashed and unoriginal
Rest of sequels were trash, awful writing

Prequels at least had some good action scenes
Gold: 8,355.04
Jul 15 2020 05:57pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 15 2020 02:54pm)

the new trilogy is not better than the prequels lol

maybe if you're dazzled by the nice visuals you could think the new star wars movies aren't complete and utter trash, but I wouldn't expect that from you

Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Jul 15 2020 04:31pm)

this I'd rather watch the the corny ass prequels any day, and I in no way think that they are good
Jul 15 2020 06:02pm
Quote (MSX98 @ Jul 15 2020 03:50pm)
Tfa was rehashed and unoriginal
Rest of sequels were trash, awful writing

Prequels at least had some good action scenes

It's funny how everyone says that now, but everyone slobbed on that shit so hard. Unoriginal and SW is a bit redundant man, even Hope was just a blatant ripoff lol.

Some of the action sequences were better, Maul and the final battle with Anakin really stick out, but the newest series had it's moments as well.

I just think a lot of us bitching about the new series were kids when we saw the prequels. We were able to overlook some of the MASSIVE problems and now as adults we can look back on them fondly because we don't have that hatred association with them.

I just don't care what they do anymore because I have no faith in it ever being good because it never was good. If they go a fully new adult direction and darken shit up, throw a few R ratings and go down Sith lore or try a Revan movie, they could make something actually worthwhile, but we know that probably wont happen with fucking Disney in control.

Quote (Flameyes @ Jul 15 2020 04:57pm)
the new trilogy is not better than the prequels lol

maybe if you're dazzled by the nice visuals you could think the new star wars movies aren't complete and utter trash, but I wouldn't expect that from you

this I'd rather watch the the corny ass prequels any day, and I in no way think that they are good

Your reading comprehension is dog shit, but who wouldn't expect that from you?

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 15 2020 06:13pm
Jul 15 2020 06:58pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 15 2020 08:02pm)
It's funny how everyone says that now, but everyone slobbed on that shit so hard. Unoriginal and SW is a bit redundant man, even Hope was just a blatant ripoff lol.

Some of the action sequences were better, Maul and the final battle with Anakin really stick out, but the newest series had it's moments as well.

I just think a lot of us bitching about the new series were kids when we saw the prequels. We were able to overlook some of the MASSIVE problems and now as adults we can look back on them fondly because we don't have that hatred association with them.

I just don't care what they do anymore because I have no faith in it ever being good because it never was good. If they go a fully new adult direction and darken shit up, throw a few R ratings and go down Sith lore or try a Revan movie, they could make something actually worthwhile, but we know that probably wont happen with fucking Disney in control.

Your reading comprehension is dog shit, but who wouldn't expect that from you?

you misquoted me in the same sentence where you said my reading comprehension is bad, you really do hate to see it
Jul 15 2020 07:13pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 15 2020 05:55pm)
How anyone believes the prequels are better is a mystery to me. Both trilogies suck ass, but did everyone forget that just about everyone was sucking off TFA when it came out? TLJ is probably the worst SW movie ever made, but the other two are slightly less pieces of shit than the three pieces of shit the prequel gave us. As annoying and bad as TLJ was, none of the acting in the entire trilogy was anywhere near as bad as young or old Anakin, his character development was almost as bad as Rey's and Jarjar was 100x worse than BB. I get that people hate the new ones, that's fine, but fuckers need to stop pretending that SW has ever been good lol.

It's been all about kids for decades, which is why blockbuster films are mostly PG13, it caters to the widest audience, which means more revenue, which is all that matters.

I hate to say this but, Jar Jar > The Entire Disney Star Wars Trilogy.
Prequels have their issues. There is no denial in that. But the characters and story were much better. I had to watch the new series in order to appreciate the prequels.

This post was edited by Malignanttumor666 on Jul 15 2020 07:16pm
Jul 15 2020 07:35pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Jul 15 2020 09:13pm)
I hate to say this but, Jar Jar > The Entire Disney Star Wars Trilogy.
Prequels have their issues. There is no denial in that. But the characters and story were much better. I had to watch the new series in order to appreciate the prequels.

maybe that was the plan all along, they were just getting back at all of us for the prequel hate by showing us how bad it could really get

This post was edited by Flameyes on Jul 15 2020 07:35pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll