d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > 0 Fg Guide To Starting Ls
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19,047.13
Jul 15 2020 09:05am
This guide is aimed to get you started to earn a few fg so you can then purchase gear

Begin by making a barb and whilst you're at it, make a second barb as well to store gear.

Choose one of them and the first thing to do is set up your screen similar to the below:

So click on the inventory icon, you will have a tier 1 club equipped and thats all. Place it so the entire shrine is viewable and low enough that you can see the fishing platform (this is so that you don't cover the door in the catacombs)
Click the shrine and move it to the right of your inventory, you'll be using it a lot.
Also click the Stats button, move it below the inventory and put your starting 10 points into strength, also assign your skill point into power strike (the ability which is in the top left)

Now we're ready to do some fighting, head into the catacombs and begin exploring:

As you can see here my first useful drop is a tier 1 robe, this provides additional defense. You should be looking for any tier 3 armor, upgrade as you find better, just compare defenses and use what looks best.
In general Plate/chain are best, Scale/Leather are good, robes have too low physical defense to be of much use other than if you havent found anything else.
In terms of weapons all 3 are ok, you might want to consider swords, seeing if you unlock the next class, the next class can use swords. Clubs and axes work equally well though (although the next class does not use these), you are looking to upgrade tier asap
In terms of charms there's only 3 stats you should care about: Strength, critical strike and quick draw. 99% of the time you'll find a better strength charm than either of the other two stats. The tier of the charm doesnt matter, just looking for as high as you can get on any of the 3 stats.

Here's an example of the damage and defense differences between tiers:

This is why it's important to get the highest tier items you can get your hands on. It becomes pretty simple after you hit level 5, as items will start showing a level required (you can see this on the tier 4 sword above).
Continue to put all points into strength and power strike. Continue statting strength and power strike until level 30, at this level start to stat vitality and retribution.

As to some idea: Level 1-10 should take 30 minutes, level 11-15 should take 30 minutes,

This was my gear at level 15:

Magical oak club
Level Req: 5
Damage: 15 to 69

+2% Lightning Mastery

Magical iron plate mail
Physical Defense: 12 to 37
Magical Defense: 0 to 4

+3% Ice Mastery

Mystical wild heal II
Heals: 2 to 20
Mana Cost: 13

+3 Strength
+1% Glancing Blow
+1% Wind Mastery

Rare woolen padded robe
Physical Defense: 0 to 9
Magical Defense: 6 to 15

+2 Life Regen
+1% Parry

Mystical wind II
Spell Damage: 4 to 18

+2 Life Regen
+1% Parry
+10% Heal Mastery

Also i muled some tier 3 gear, so if i decide to make a new character, i will have these to use at level 1:
Rare bronze plate mail
Physical Defense: 9 to 27
Magical Defense: 0 to 3

+1 to 13 Life per Kill
+1% Life Steal

Magical bronze sword
Damage: 5 to 54

+132 Max Mana

level 15-20 took me 30 mins
Items at level 20 :
steel sword (dropped at level 19, used a level 5 club until that point)
Level Req: 10
Damage: 9 to 94

alloy chain mail
Level Req: 15
Physical Defense: 18 to 46
Magical Defense: 0 to 12

Mystical wild heal II
Heals: 2 to 20

+3 Strength
+1% Glancing Blow
+1% Wind Mastery

Muled gear:

Rare bronze plate mail
Physical Defense: 9 to 27
Magical Defense: 0 to 3

+1 to 13 Life per Kill
+1% Life Steal

Magical iron plate mail
Physical Defense: 12 to 37
Magical Defense: 0 to 4

+3% Ice Mastery

Rare steel plate mail
Level Req: 10
Physical Defense: 15 to 46
Magical Defense: 0 to 5

+1% Lightning Mastery
+3% Earth Mastery

Magical bronze sword
Damage: 5 to 56

+132 Max Mana

Magical iron sword
Damage: 7 to 75

+1% Experience Gained

You should continue this trend of improving the tiers of your items all the way till you reach level 71 (items max level is 55 or tier XIV), at level 71 you will be able to use the Master Quest.
This will reset your level back to 1, and it might unlock the next class, you'll have to reach level 71 to see how though (items do not matter, can do MQ with tier 1 items and still unlock the next class) ;)

If you managed to continually explore the maps, you should hopefully have had one drop which is worth something
you are looking for:
+guild point %
+wells

Any map level 10+ (stats don't matter, good ones can get more though, ones with bad stats have other purposes)

In terms of items you're looking for:
2 or more Magic luck
2 or more extra item slots
charms/armors with 13 or more strength (if you find this on a charm, you'll probably want to use it though)
charms/armors with 13 or more dexterity
50 or more Enhanced effect (if you find these i suggest you keep them unless they're on a staff/dagger)
items with 13 or more intelligence (glyphers will often buy there)
items with 250 or more mana (glyphers will often buy these)

Also, use the list on the last post of this topic to see what items the muters are buying:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=60608527&f=273&o=1600

Once you've made a few forum gold, use it to buy any missing weapons/armors, for example if you have 2 fg at level 30 but are only using a level 20 weapon, buy a level 30 weapon with random stats, it becomes less and less common to find items of higher levels.
If you can't find anything, don't be afraid to make an iso topic in the trading forums: https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=273
It's as much there for you to get your gear as for anyone else, also if you're unsure on some items try a price check topic, however i suggest you don't make for trade topics until you figure out prices.

In general, when you are able to afford to buy items you should be looking to buy:
Weapons with Enhanced Effect
Armor with Enhanced Effect
Charms with Strength

When trading on the forums, you need to ignore the damage and just look at the enhanced effect, i suggest reading this before making purchases: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82816922&f=74

This guide is also worth a read: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82660445&f=272
There are very slight differences in what we recommend, but either of these guides will work.
The reason we both recommend barb as a first character is the combined strength/vitality stats is 120, this is 20 higher than a fighter and the rogue with 95 total dex/vitality. Also unlike the robe, the barbarian can use heavy armor.

Good luck! Feel free to post in this topic for any help
Gold: 10,139.54
Jul 15 2020 09:18pm
Beautiful.
Gold: 0.95
Jul 16 2020 04:46am
How may I join game?
Tried to get on but it doesn't load...
Jul 16 2020 05:01am
Quote (xImpAquilax @ Jul 16 2020 11:46am)
How may I join game?
Tried to get on but it doesn't load...

not heard of there being issues getting onto it for a while,

If you're on a public wifi/school there's a good chance that the port 8181 is blocked. If you're at home you're likely going to have to deal with a firewall or open the port in settings which you can google "port forwarding" for more info
Jul 16 2020 05:11am
I am mobile and it does not start, do I have to wait more until being able to play it maybe?
Jul 16 2020 05:16am
Quote (xImpAquilax @ Jul 16 2020 12:11pm)
I am mobile and it does not start, do I have to wait more until being able to play it maybe?

nope, unlike the ability to post images which is 25 posts you can play ladder slasher with 0 posts as i know of people who've played it without posting at all.

I am unsure if you can portforward a phone, have you tried a different browser? Firefox is the recommended phone browser from other users
Jul 16 2020 05:17am
Tried Chrome and Firefox but same problem with both of them :(
It works now, thank you!

This post was edited by xImpAquilax on Jul 16 2020 05:21am
Gold: 55,886.51
Jul 17 2020 08:21pm
Quote (xImpAquilax @ Jul 16 2020 04:11am)

II think his issue might be he hasn’t set up a gold password yet?

Edit nvm. Issue resolved.

Also might I suggest once you do the barbarian read up about the rogue. He is great for finding maps since no trap doors

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Jul 17 2020 08:24pm
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll