d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Boys Season 2
Prev14567812Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 22 2020 10:11am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Sep 21 2020 07:23pm)
Pretty great episode, especially after the previous week was pretty lame & slow. The scene when HL laser-eyes the crowd, wow. My GF doesn’t even watch the show, & I showed her the scene & she had the same reaction I did, holy shit.

As soon as he started doing it I thought to myself "this is just him imagining" which was true. They wouldn't have him turn like that, at least not yet. You can tell it's coming though.

His son is going to have a big impact in later seasons though, i'll bet anything on that. Likely to be season 3 but it'll end up being his son fighting him or something along those lines.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 22 2020 11:20pm
loved it so far.
Gold: 23.00
Sep 23 2020 11:59am
Quote (Flameyes @ Sep 21 2020 07:25pm)
except it was fake and is about as lazy as writing can get

What...

It helps show what is going on inside his mind. If anything this is the opposite of lazy writing when he actually does snap he will have all this build up to it.

Gold: 63,142.89
Sep 24 2020 11:43am
I would like to ask a question to someone who has read the comics but I would ask you to please not launch into a full spoiler explanation. This is just speculation from watching the show, but I would like to know if any of this happens in the comics:

Madelyn's baby was the next level of Vought technology (essentially CompoundV2.0) projected to be stronger than any of the previous supes. After the house exploded, the news reported that the baby was "found a few blocks away unharmed" which makes sense because the baby is indestructible, so the force of the blast just took the baby for ride. Homelander had deduced what was going on, which is what motivated him to kill Madelyn.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Sep 24 2020 11:45am
Gold: 10,025.00
Sep 24 2020 02:15pm
Quote (Kayeto @ 24 Sep 2020 11:43)
I would like to ask a question to someone who has read the comics but I would ask you to please not launch into a full spoiler explanation. This is just speculation from watching the show, but I would like to know if any of this happens in the comics:

Madelyn's baby was the next level of Vought technology (essentially CompoundV2.0) projected to be stronger than any of the previous supes. After the house exploded, the news reported that the baby was "found a few blocks away unharmed" which makes sense because the baby is indestructible, so the force of the blast just took the baby for ride. Homelander had deduced what was going on, which is what motivated him to kill Madelyn.

I always thought homelander just saved the baby.
Sep 24 2020 02:19pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Sep 24 2020 04:15pm)
I always thought homelander just saved the baby.

that was my initial impression as well. But after thinking about it more, it seems odd that Madelyn would want to have a regular baby, considering her career and the fact that she has seen what Becca is doing with Ryan.
Gold: 2,094.99
Sep 24 2020 03:52pm
“The boys” is getting a spin-off series

The spinoff is set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (or “supes”) that is run by Vought International. It is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities. Part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire and raunch of “The Boys.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-boys-spinoff-amazon-1234782755/
Gold: 8,355.04
Sep 25 2020 09:55am
I think that was the best episode of the season

The background on Frenchie and lamplighter was great
Sep 25 2020 12:51pm
Am I the only one rooting for the series to be a Homelander redemption arc? The way he was treated by Vought, I view him purely as a victim. His lunacy is understandable given his upbringing. Giving someone that much power and responsibility with no emotional development is guaranteed to end badly. This is actually how Superman would have turned out if not the for the Kent's parenting. It seems farfetched that he could turn the corner and start maturing, but if they could pull it off it would make for a great story.

We've seen the gradual decay into moral bankruptcy of The Boys (this episode even had Starlight dipping her toes into the water). Would be cool if the series ended with Seven actually becoming the good guys and the Boys being bad.
Gold: 10,025.00
Sep 25 2020 03:08pm
Quote (Kayeto @ 25 Sep 2020 12:51)
Am I the only one rooting for the series to be a Homelander redemption arc? The way he was treated by Vought, I view him purely as a victim. His lunacy is understandable given his upbringing. Giving someone that much power and responsibility with no emotional development is guaranteed to end badly. This is actually how Superman would have turned out if not the for the Kent's parenting. It seems farfetched that he could turn the corner and start maturing, but if they could pull it off it would make for a great story.

We've seen the gradual decay into moral bankruptcy of The Boys (this episode even had Starlight dipping her toes into the water). Would be cool if the series ended with Seven actually becoming the good guys and the Boys being bad.

Idk if homelander will get redemption tbh. Yeah Vaught fucked him pretty hard but he is also just generally a garbage person with a lot of mental issues. I don't think any of the Vaught heroes will be redeemed. Money and capitalism drives everything they do, they are completely high on their own power

I have a feeling homelander and the boys will team up to kill Liberty but that is about it.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev14567812Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll