d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Dragon Talon Aka Kick Guide. Pvp Related > 2020 Guide^^
Prev1891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,110.00
Apr 14 2021 01:15am
Quote (Ziecheik @ Apr 14 2021 01:22am)
there is another trick to fixing the blackscreen.

start up d2 in windowed mode and set it up in obs as a window capture.
then close d2 and start it up again in fullscreen, obs should see the same window name and be able to capture it

to record I just hit the record/stream button in desktop then alt tab back into the game

also yeah dont risk leveling service if you are worried about that, but level 92-94 isnt too hard

Thanks, i try that next time :p

I got Bandicam up running yesterday, i got some recordings, but afraid to post cause was so laggy that i lost namelocks randomly all the time when enemies wsg'ed, was hard to time namelocks and just in general wierd lol xD
Also tried to kick much while enemies where hard wsg'ing, i usually wirl when hardcore wsg. Well ill post in next time on pc anyway, time went 03:40 yesterday, first kid wokr up 2 hours after that xD

I dno if it was the recording or the new glidewrapper i installed, i try to get it better xD

This post was edited by gel87 on Apr 14 2021 01:17am
Gold: 10,088.00
Apr 14 2021 02:49am
Glide also gets a bit crazy if you use plugy, for some reason.
Gold: 1,592.53
Apr 14 2021 02:56am
Quote (gel87 @ Apr 14 2021 03:15am)
Thanks, i try that next time :p

I got Bandicam up running yesterday, i got some recordings, but afraid to post cause was so laggy that i lost namelocks randomly all the time when enemies wsg'ed, was hard to time namelocks and just in general wierd lol xD
Also tried to kick much while enemies where hard wsg'ing, i usually wirl when hardcore wsg. Well ill post in next time on pc anyway, time went 03:40 yesterday, first kid wokr up 2 hours after that xD

I dno if it was the recording or the new glidewrapper i installed, i try to get it better xD

bandicam seems really bad, everyone who records with it seems to skip frames and their videos end up looking sped up.
do try to get OBS working, its what the majority of streamers use and is much much better.
Apr 14 2021 03:18am
Quote (cantero @ Apr 14 2021 10:49am)
Glide also gets a bit crazy if you use plugy, for some reason.

Yes i prefer it clean, recording also makes lag.
I recorded some duels as vt vs nec maaany years ago, it was laggy, impossible to chainlock proper, smite-foh jumps was impossible without delay. I won 5-1 but was not fun to post that lol xD

I try that trick of ziecheck with on and off with window mode next time.

Only shaper was decent gameplay when i recorded, cause that is slow paced char, i died once due to selfsync xD
Apr 15 2021 01:10am
Quote (Ziecheik @ Apr 14 2021 10:56am)
bandicam seems really bad, everyone who records with it seems to skip frames and their videos end up looking sped up.
do try to get OBS working, its what the majority of streamers use and is much much better.

OKi, got some recordings now.

But its laggy as hell. I hope i get obs to work and that it dont drop fps like this xD
Normally i have above 100 fps in diablo on this pc, but in duels this evening it was floating between 40-50 fps, lost namelocks/hard to even place traps fast xD
Also dont judge the gameplay, vs such wsg i would normally wirl more and no lags xD But wanted to show kick style xD
Friendly duels etc, no tryhard :P

This post was edited by gel87 on Apr 15 2021 01:11am
Apr 15 2021 01:11am
Apr 15 2021 01:15am
Just to show dmg vs vt xD lol xD Would have won that pure kickstyle if he did not lt full on 1 hit on sm xD
Gold: 1,592.53
Apr 15 2021 12:47pm
cool that you got some recordings, yeah try to get OBS working you will have much better quality videos with a better framerate

now as for the videos..
so many weird choices to me.

I'll start with the obvious, you use left click whirl and no leftclick melee.
this is very weird to me.
mostly because I consider it essential to use melee type skills (zerk/zeal/smite/cs/kick/dclaw) on leftclick to chainlock and to allow walking before you chainlock tele.
you can't walk while holding a chainlock if you use rightclick.
also judging by your playstyle idk if there is a point to leftclick whirl, seems like you are just giving an opportunity to accidentally namelock a minion while running. rightclick whirl feels more clean to me, less chance of messing up.

the other weird thing to me is you duel with names turned off on the minimap, at least for the necro duel. >.>

the duel vs necro you seemed to have a hard time kicking him while he was wsging. woulda been a good time to whirl.
the nec seemed vita with no dr on, I think dclaw would have made quicker work of him, but yeah he kinda fell apart once he got kicked.

also not to knock your opponent too much, you did say just fun duels no trihard, but a lot of the stuff you did would have been capitalized on by a more experienced necro vs sin player. :/

the pally player.. lolol. idk what to say about that. the amount of time he took to switch from foh to smite. and not being ready to upsmite when you tele on him. just everything about how the v/t was dueling. it's been a while since I've seen amature play like that. I can't think of getting away with a dtalon like that vs the pallies I duel, would be throwing away the duel to try. :(
Apr 15 2021 04:16pm
Quote (Ziecheik @ Apr 15 2021 08:47pm)
cool that you got some recordings, yeah try to get OBS working you will have much better quality videos with a better framerate

now as for the videos..
so many weird choices to me.

I'll start with the obvious, you use left click whirl and no leftclick melee.
this is very weird to me.
mostly because I consider it essential to use melee type skills (zerk/zeal/smite/cs/kick/dclaw) on leftclick to chainlock and to allow walking before you chainlock tele.
you can't walk while holding a chainlock if you use rightclick.
also judging by your playstyle idk if there is a point to leftclick whirl, seems like you are just giving an opportunity to accidentally namelock a minion while running. rightclick whirl feels more clean to me, less chance of messing up.

the other weird thing to me is you duel with names turned off on the minimap, at least for the necro duel. >.>

the duel vs necro you seemed to have a hard time kicking him while he was wsging. woulda been a good time to whirl.
the nec seemed vita with no dr on, I think dclaw would have made quicker work of him, but yeah he kinda fell apart once he got kicked.

also not to knock your opponent too much, you did say just fun duels no trihard, but a lot of the stuff you did would have been capitalized on by a more experienced necro vs sin player. :/

the pally player.. lolol. idk what to say about that. the amount of time he took to switch from foh to smite. and not being ready to upsmite when you tele on him. just everything about how the v/t was dueling. it's been a while since I've seen amature play like that. I can't think of getting away with a dtalon like that vs the pallies I duel, would be throwing away the duel to try. :(

True that.
I tried to kick extensively much to show the kick dmg, usually i would pubish wsg with wirl :p

I had wirl on right klick back in the days, but it intodused to much wirl bug when quickly swapping from tele to wirl, so i went left skill wirl and that worked best for me, on barb i still have right wirl, and left berzerk.

I actually never tried kick on left skill button, but sure i will try it out on right side in combi with throwlock :)

And yes that pala was wierd xD usually smiters get me good xD

Anyway, i hope to get obs up running so i can duel without lag, only 3hybird ama and telewolf was fun due to them beeing slow paced chars, had 40-50fps unstable while recording xD vt was unplayable and throwbarb as well xD
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
May 9 2021 03:54pm
Bump
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll