d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Dragon Talon Aka Kick Guide. Pvp Related > 2020 Guide^^
Prev17891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,592.53
Mar 30 2021 11:48pm
Quote (gel87 @ Mar 31 2021 01:12am)
Okay, yes that may be the case, I just know depending of platstyle's i saw on youtube :P
The Cube prep is super :)
All barbs/amas use it on eu as well.
I like it on sins and even shape dudus if im going 100% GM. But my wolf got so extreamly low life in human form that just prebo in stash :P
Sins may keep his 2 x 6/6/10/-10 claws, maras, 2 sojs, demon limb in cube. (if he also use a bo shield he need to drop that for use of ench/preclaws), he need to drop his cta to do ench xD

The 86fcr break on barbs helps with lag, due to the barb landing on the new position earlier, he still need to w8 for next tele/wirl etc.

yeah I know some players drop items from their cube for prebuff, I wouldn't do that lolol.

just 2x 6venom/10/10 claws and 3shadow disc/30str amulet in cube for me.
or I take out one of the claws for cta in cube if I'm using guided in the matchup.
Gold: 5.00
Mar 31 2021 05:21am
Can you update this for 2021 please
Gold: 1,110.00
Mar 31 2021 05:25am
Quote (Doggyfood @ Mar 31 2021 01:21pm)
Can you update this for 2021 please

Nothing has changed.
Gold: 5.00
Mar 31 2021 05:26am
Quote (gel87 @ Mar 31 2021 07:25am)
Nothing has changed.

You update for new content of 2020 but not 2021?
You hate democracy
Mar 31 2021 08:17am
Quote (Doggyfood @ Mar 31 2021 01:26pm)
You update for new content of 2020 but not 2021?
You hate democracy

Democracy got many forms and shapes.
Gold: 21,250.00
Apr 13 2021 09:16am
My first impression upon reading the guide was that the extra dmg potential on a trapper for such a little sacrifice was great, but then after a little testing I realized this:

Quote (Ziecheik @ Mar 30 2021 06:26pm)

My view on this is that although damage numbers look good on paper, the reality of pvp is players will move out of the way, block hits, get knocked back and then walk out, so you will not see every hit landing as though it's a melee duel and both players are holding left mouse on one another.
So I try to optimize for a gameplay style where I can get in and out and cause damage without committing to melee.

Since you evidently like to calculate, ill throw in some math here. The thing is, your calculations for dmg output consider insta amp proc, hitting all kicks in 2 series (6 kicks in a row) and CB proc in every hit. There's a misconception regarding how probability works and considering things in isolation to one another when they are actually intertwined... Disregarding the amp proc, the chances of all kicks in 2 series connecting + procing CB with a 95% hit chance vs. 0% block is only 2%..

The probabilty of getting at least 1 amp proc within 6 kicks is around 25% in the same scenario. If you consider the more realistic scenarios you pictured vs. a 12k def barb with a 65% hit chance with 0% block and 58% hit chance and 75% vs. a pally, the probability of proccing amp at least once within 6 kicks is 18% and 4,3%, respectively. The chance of hitting 6 kicks in a row and proccing CB in these scenarios is 0,21% and 0,00003%.

On the other hand, the probability of proccing OW (with only Ber Ber claw) at least once in both scenarios is 83,6% and 30%. Thats why most kickers recommend going for the OW route instead of CB.

Formula for acumulated probability (c): c = p ^ n wheres p is probabilty of an event occurring and n is the number of repetitions. In this case p = CtH*(1-CtB)*%CB (or OW/amp).

Formula for proccing amp/OW at least once is 1 - probability of not hitting and not proccing, so c = 1 - (1 - p) ^ n, p is the same as in the formula above.

TLDR: Real CB and CtC amp dmg potential isn't as great as shown in practice.
Apr 13 2021 11:31am
Quote (MindVirus @ Apr 13 2021 05:16pm)
My first impression upon reading the guide was that the extra dmg potential on a trapper for such a little sacrifice was great, but then after a little testing I realized this:

Since you evidently like to calculate, ill throw in some math here. The thing is, your calculations for dmg output consider insta amp proc, hitting all kicks in 2 series (6 kicks in a row) and CB proc in every hit. There's a misconception regarding how probability works and considering things in isolation to one another when they are actually intertwined... Disregarding the amp proc, the chances of all kicks in 2 series connecting + procing CB with a 95% hit chance vs. 0% block is only 2%..

The probabilty of getting at least 1 amp proc within 6 kicks is around 25% in the same scenario. If you consider the more realistic scenarios you pictured vs. a 12k def barb with a 65% hit chance with 0% block and 58% hit chance and 75% vs. a pally, the probability of proccing amp at least once within 6 kicks is 18% and 4,3%, respectively. The chance of hitting 6 kicks in a row and proccing CB in these scenarios is 0,21% and 0,00003%.

On the other hand, the probability of proccing OW (with only Ber Ber claw) at least once in both scenarios is 83,6% and 30%. Thats why most kickers recommend going for the OW route instead of CB.

Formula for acumulated probability (c): c = p ^ n wheres p is probabilty of an event occurring and n is the number of repetitions. In this casep = CtH*(1-CtB)*%CB (or OW/amp).

Formula for proccing amp/OW at least once is 1 - probability of not hitting and not proccing, so c = 1 - (1 - p) ^ n, p is the same as in the formula above.

TLDR: Real CB and CtC amp dmg potential isn't as great as shown in practice.

My first impression of this was before running any numbers at all and i made a Trapsin on asgard and wanted to have kicks with ctc amp without limiting gear, as i had good experience with that from pvm.

So i tried out berber and was supriced over its amazing kill speed.

Im not made to play Trapsin correct, im way to offensive so i mainly had ghosts previous. Having this amazing kick made assa fun for me, it was my 3rd funniest char on asgard after bvc and telewolf. (later i made ghost/kick who i liked better and ofc i had chaos and more physical related claw on my Trapsin as well.

It slayed people really fast.
Then i ran it true excel, but on paper for me it looked crap compared to ingame testing.

Ofc, since this was asgard you reach quite absurd stats.
Anyway this was my Trapsin gear:
Claw 1:
Runic 2assa/3ls/3mb/3clawblock/40ias/fool's/5ctc amp/2soc i think it had 250ar as well. Ber ber.
Claw 2:
2assa/3ls/3mb/3wb/40ias/adds/2 * psn facets

Wiz gloves
Bug belt
Eod
Valk 08 cham
Upped gores
2/20/60life/20@
10fcr/20str/15dex/90mana/120ar/11@ (i think it was this)
Wisp (yes :p)

8 trap sks
8 x 36ar/20life
1 x 15/70
Torch
Annie
Cube:
2 * gt 15str/6venom/6fade/2 psn facets
Maras
2 sojs
Demon limb

This is quite some attack rating :) the oak was a nice touch as meat shield as well xD

You are right, vs block chars with high def such as paladins you dont trigger amp as often. But you never perform a melee attack on palas unless you have 3wofs/1woi/1ls up. In which case gives you time or force him to charge out if he is a hammer, if he is a smiter this is a duel u rarely win if he is good and you need other playstyle vs them.

There are however a few thing:
When enemies got swirl, there are traps and shit as well as ur kicking them. In this scenario people will try wsg out. When a character runs its not as simple as defense is set to 0. You actually have 100% hit chance when enemies run, not 95. As well as block is 1/3rd of their current.

So apparat from palas and barbs all the other chars instantly tries to wsg away and ur at 100% hit chance.

Anyway, even though my sin is only lvl 89 on eu nl it hit quite consistent and amps pretty fast vs most, and yes it kills some hammers, and vs smiters i mostly wirl(its not trap dmg based).
Apr 13 2021 12:18pm
Quote (gel87 @ Apr 13 2021 01:31pm)
My first impression of this was before running any numbers at all and i made a Trapsin on asgard and wanted to have kicks with ctc amp without limiting gear, as i had good experience with that from pvm.

So i tried out berber and was supriced over its amazing kill speed.

Im not made to play Trapsin correct, im way to offensive so i mainly had ghosts previous. Having this amazing kick made assa fun for me, it was my 3rd funniest char on asgard after bvc and telewolf. (later i made ghost/kick who i liked better and ofc i had chaos and more physical related claw on my Trapsin as well.

It slayed people really fast.
Then i ran it true excel, but on paper for me it looked crap compared to ingame testing.

Ofc, since this was asgard you reach quite absurd stats.
Anyway this was my Trapsin gear:
Claw 1:
Runic 2assa/3ls/3mb/3clawblock/40ias/fool's/5ctc amp/2soc i think it had 250ar as well. Ber ber.
Claw 2:
2assa/3ls/3mb/3wb/40ias/adds/2 * psn facets

Wiz gloves
Bug belt
Eod
Valk 08 cham
Upped gores
2/20/60life/20@
10fcr/20str/15dex/90mana/120ar/11@ (i think it was this)
Wisp (yes :p)

8 trap sks
8 x 36ar/20life
1 x 15/70
Torch
Annie
Cube:
2 * gt 15str/6venom/6fade/2 psn facets
Maras
2 sojs
Demon limb

This is quite some attack rating :) the oak was a nice touch as meat shield as well xD

You are right, vs block chars with high def such as paladins you dont trigger amp as often. But you never perform a melee attack on palas unless you have 3wofs/1woi/1ls up. In which case gives you time or force him to charge out if he is a hammer, if he is a smiter this is a duel u rarely win if he is good and you need other playstyle vs them.

There are however a few thing:
When enemies got swirl, there are traps and shit as well as ur kicking them. In this scenario people will try wsg out. When a character runs its not as simple as defense is set to 0. You actually have 100% hit chance when enemies run, not 95. As well as block is 1/3rd of their current.

So apparat from palas and barbs all the other chars instantly tries to wsg away and ur at 100% hit chance.

Anyway, even though my sin is only lvl 89 on eu nl it hit quite consistent and amps pretty fast vs most, and yes it kills some hammers, and vs smiters i mostly wirl(its not trap dmg based).

damn, your eu sin is only level 89? thats no good for pvp. >.>
sorry to knock ya, but how do you write a guide like this without being leveled for pvp when trying it out? lol. kinda sus not gonna lie

btw just to note, if you are dealing with ideal gear or hero edit d2ga type stuff, having 2x 2/3ls/300ed%/fools/+++ claws and using 1 point dclaw is a better choice than dtalon.
claws just do a lot of damage, and take advantage of critical hits and claw mastery.
dtalon is only really good for w/s or if you don't have high ed% claws.

I would rather dish out 2 hits from dclaw over a burst of Ber'd dtalon.

In the latest respec of my kicksin (I change up my variant every few weeks for fun) I've actually opted to go for 1 point dclaw and use dtalon only when I'm on w/s equipment options.
necros got easier right away.

dtalon is pretty horrible vs wsg.
you really really have to outplay someone hard to catch them with a burst, get on top of them, possibly interrupt their movement.
otherwise they just wsg out and you are kicking air for the remainder of your dtalon burst.
you say a player has 100% chance to hit someone when they run, but that implies the person who is running hasn't already moved away from any hitbox before it becomes active.

If they wsg and move away ar/defense doesn't matter, you miss because you are kicking air.

I would love to see it in action tho. please get OBS working lol.

This post was edited by Ziecheik on Apr 13 2021 12:23pm
Apr 13 2021 04:02pm
Quote (Ziecheik @ Apr 13 2021 08:18pm)
damn, your eu sin is only level 89? thats no good for pvp. >.>
sorry to knock ya, but how do you write a guide like this without being leveled for pvp when trying it out? lol. kinda sus not gonna lie

btw just to note, if you are dealing with ideal gear or hero edit d2ga type stuff, having 2x 2/3ls/300ed%/fools/+++ claws and using 1 point dclaw is a better choice than dtalon.
claws just do a lot of damage, and take advantage of critical hits and claw mastery.
dtalon is only really good for w/s or if you don't have high ed% claws.

I would rather dish out 2 hits from dclaw over a burst of Ber'd dtalon.

In the latest respec of my kicksin (I change up my variant every few weeks for fun) I've actually opted to go for 1 point dclaw and use dtalon only when I'm on w/s equipment options.
necros got easier right away.

dtalon is pretty horrible vs wsg.
you really really have to outplay someone hard to catch them with a burst, get on top of them, possibly interrupt their movement.
otherwise they just wsg out and you are kicking air for the remainder of your dtalon burst.
you say a player has 100% chance to hit someone when they run, but that implies the person who is running hasn't already moved away from any hitbox before it becomes active.

If they wsg and move away ar/defense doesn't matter, you miss because you are kicking air.

I would love to see it in action tho. please get OBS working lol.

I see what you mean, im to lazy to level xD
I dont play much diablo 2 anymore, i got my runs xD

Already expired loads of pvp chars, i try not to do that mistake again xD

I considered level service, but its to risky xD

Anyway, im trying to get obs to work, it recording a black screen for now. Watched some youtube and some guy told to get glidewrapper. So i downloaded svens glidewrapper, then baby wokr up and im stuck at coach watching peppa pig.

Currently assa with unperm valk 08 sitting in game, so i hope to sneak down soon and perm here, was stupid to enter game with a unperm char before i got it working lol xD

You got any hint to get obs to record d2 properly? I set Keys to start/stop/pause, but those dont work ingame, so i have to start recording then enter d2.

At least it recorded sound, so that at least something for now xD

If i get it working i can record all my chars :)
Apr 13 2021 05:22pm
Quote (gel87 @ Apr 13 2021 06:02pm)
I see what you mean, im to lazy to level xD
I dont play much diablo 2 anymore, i got my runs xD

Already expired loads of pvp chars, i try not to do that mistake again xD

I considered level service, but its to risky xD

Anyway, im trying to get obs to work, it recording a black screen for now. Watched some youtube and some guy told to get glidewrapper. So i downloaded svens glidewrapper, then baby wokr up and im stuck at coach watching peppa pig.

Currently assa with unperm valk 08 sitting in game, so i hope to sneak down soon and perm here, was stupid to enter game with a unperm char before i got it working lol xD

You got any hint to get obs to record d2 properly? I set Keys to start/stop/pause, but those dont work ingame, so i have to start recording then enter d2.

At least it recorded sound, so that at least something for now xD

If i get it working i can record all my chars :)

there is another trick to fixing the blackscreen.

start up d2 in windowed mode and set it up in obs as a window capture.
then close d2 and start it up again in fullscreen, obs should see the same window name and be able to capture it

to record I just hit the record/stream button in desktop then alt tab back into the game

also yeah dont risk leveling service if you are worried about that, but level 92-94 isnt too hard

This post was edited by Ziecheik on Apr 13 2021 05:24pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev17891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll