d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Any Dark Souls Players?
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.00
May 21 2020 08:24am
Quote (jlhromeo @ May 18 2020 05:29pm)
https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Upgrades

Sadly divine infusion isn't a thing anymore, but you can smashy smash skeletons with a mace and they usually fall apart and don't get up.

Luckily there's only one or two places that I remember having skeletons that can be dealt with in this way.

Getting mixed up with the series. No it's not a thing in Ds2
Gold: 81,680.73
May 21 2020 11:47am
Quote (zNick @ May 21 2020 10:24am)
Getting mixed up with the series. No it's not a thing in Ds2

https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skeleton

Weakness: strike attacks

They are extremely resilient to thrust (i.e. spear) based attacks, somewhat resistant to slash (i.e. sword) based attacks, and weak against strike (i.e. mace) based attacks

I forget if they fall apart or not in 2, but mace definitely makes short work of them.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 37,910.00
Trader: Trusted
May 21 2020 07:30pm
So I'm on Vendrick now and have the 4 giant souls but I'm just getting smoked by this guy. I read it is optional should I just skip him and come back later or?
Gold: 81,680.73
May 21 2020 08:10pm
Quote (RatM @ May 21 2020 09:30pm)
So I'm on Vendrick now and have the 4 giant souls but I'm just getting smoked by this guy. I read it is optional should I just skip him and come back later or?

What build? Caster is easier than melee on him if I remember correct. Also, make sure the boss souls are in your inventory.

Also heavy weapons on him is brutal. If melee try a quick weapon, circling around to the right.

Can always come back later. Don't you dare go hollow!

This post was edited by jlhromeo on May 21 2020 08:11pm
Retired Moderator
May 21 2020 08:22pm
Quote (jlhromeo @ 21 May 2020 19:10)
What build? Caster is easier than melee on him if I remember correct. Also, make sure the boss souls are in your inventory.

Also heavy weapons on him is brutal. If melee try a quick weapon, circling around to the right.

Can always come back later. Don't you dare go hollow!

I’m a hex caster with some melee. I try to go in circles around him eventually he goes up against a wall and I can’t stay to his back and he 1 hits me lol. Will keep trying but just wasn’t sure if I could do other things (like DLCs) and come back later :)
Retired Moderator
May 22 2020 10:25am
Finally killed him. Toughest fight so far. Praise the sun!
Retired Moderator
Jun 4 2020 10:21pm
Comparable to the core game, the DLCs for DS2 are not enjoyable.

- Crown of the Old Iron King - tackled this one first. absolutely dreadful. defeated Smelter Demon and Fume Knight (stuck on this one for a couple days) Sir Alonne I'm sure I could get him eventually but the run to him from the bonfire gets me killed more times than attempts at the boss so I moved on.
- Crown of the Sunken King - took this one 2nd, completed it overall okay.
- Crown of the Ivory King - on Burnt Ivory King, similar situation as Sir Alonne as the pre boss fight gets me killed or I use all my estus before the actual boss fight. I've also read & heard the next stage after is some of the hardest areas the game has to offer.

Just looking for others feedback. Do I suck that bad as a noob to this franchise or are these DLCs/boss fights just bad? Running out of patience and only have a couple of bosses left in the core of the game before we go to ng so im debating on saying screw the DLCs and just wrap up the rest of the game.

Gold: 0.01
Jun 4 2020 11:55pm
Quote (RatM @ Jun 5 2020 12:21am)
Comparable to the core game, the DLCs for DS2 are not enjoyable.

- Crown of the Old Iron King - tackled this one first. absolutely dreadful. defeated Smelter Demon and Fume Knight (stuck on this one for a couple days) Sir Alonne I'm sure I could get him eventually but the run to him from the bonfire gets me killed more times than attempts at the boss so I moved on.
- Crown of the Sunken King - took this one 2nd, completed it overall okay.
- Crown of the Ivory King - on Burnt Ivory King, similar situation as Sir Alonne as the pre boss fight gets me killed or I use all my estus before the actual boss fight. I've also read & heard the next stage after is some of the hardest areas the game has to offer.

Just looking for others feedback. Do I suck that bad as a noob to this franchise or are these DLCs/boss fights just bad? Running out of patience and only have a couple of bosses left in the core of the game before we go to ng so im debating on saying screw the DLCs and just wrap up the rest of the game.

I mean youre just new to the games. The more you play the easier the boss fights.

I enjoyed all the dlc
Retired Moderator
Jun 5 2020 10:59am
Quote (Ruthless187g @ 4 Jun 2020 22:55)
I mean youre just new to the games. The more you play the easier the boss fights.

I enjoyed all the dlc

Haha first try beat the Burnt Ivory King, funny how that works. Progressed into the frigid outskirts, cleared the area and grabbed the available loot. Died first try on the boss and 2nd attempt on the run to the boss and decided the 15 minute walk isn't worth the reward so I'll give Sir Allone some more tries and look at wrapping up the core of the game.
Gold: 6.00
Jun 5 2020 01:30pm
the truth is ds is one of the hardest games ever for first timers.

But once you know enemy placements and memorize monster/ boss move sets its pretty easy.

But darksouls has s tendency to switch up the game on you ESPECIALLY when your going back for your souls lmao..

Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll