d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Any Dark Souls Players?
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 12 2020 08:14pm
Quote (Ruthless187g @ Jun 12 2020 08:57pm)
Which ones cause now I wanna play em.

gow, nier, battletoads, any ninja gaiden, if we count popular indies and not just main stream, boshy.

obviously the hardest difficulty on all of them is what i refer to, and thats just to name a couple in the middle of a cs match, plenty harder games, but those are really popular titles that all received awards at their time of release bt/boshy

This post was edited by ISellLeagueBoosts on Jun 12 2020 08:16pm
Gold: 0.01
Jun 12 2020 09:16pm
Quote (ISellLeagueBoosts @ Jun 12 2020 10:14pm)
gow, nier, battletoads, any ninja gaiden, if we count popular indies and not just main stream, boshy.

obviously the hardest difficulty on all of them is what i refer to, and thats just to name a couple in the middle of a cs match, plenty harder games, but those are really popular titles that all received awards at their time of release bt/boshy

Damn already beat all of those. Ninja gaiden that jam

If youre into tough puzzle and critical thinking games check out, outer wilds. Beautifully done indie game
Retired Moderator
Gold: 37,910.00
Trader: Trusted
Jul 27 2020 06:57am
Bout to take on Dark Souls 3 here soon. Any recommendations on build type?

Dark souls 1 was mainly a strength build with 2 handed weapon.

Dark souls 2 was a hybrid caster w/ dark spells + melee (I enjoyed this play style more)

The youtube guide I follow is going to a strength build, if I were to do a caster or something similar to the type of character I made in DS2 what is a good source for build guides? Thanks!

This post was edited by RatM on Jul 27 2020 06:58am
Retired Moderator
Aug 1 2020 11:47pm
Was cruising through DS3 pretty good until the Crystal Sage. Been stuck on it for 2 days. (I'm a pure mage)

Tried looking up youtube videos most players were strong with melee and others seemed to just get lucky. Any tips for this boss? Is this a boss I can come back to later to kill after my character gets a little stronger?

would appreciate your feed back!
Gold: 91,680.73
Aug 2 2020 12:02am
Quote (RatM @ Aug 2 2020 01:47am)
Was cruising through DS3 pretty good until the Crystal Sage. Been stuck on it for 2 days. (I'm a pure mage)

Tried looking up youtube videos most players were strong with melee and others seemed to just get lucky. Any tips for this boss? Is this a boss I can come back to later to kill after my character gets a little stronger?

^jlhromeo would appreciate your feed back!

Ahhh yes, this boss... he's a pain in the ass as a pure mage.

If you insist on sticking as mage for him, its still doable. Easier if you go sword and board but I get it, I liked the mage playthrough also.

Tip 1, which is fairly obvious. The clones all shoot blue magic, the real sage shoots purple. Use that to identify which is which.

Tip 2, buy some throwing knives. I believe one hit from a knife takes out the clone, giving you more time to deal with the area without spammy attacks coming at you.

Tip 3, they mostly shoot in straight lines. Bob and weave, and for the love of all that is hollow, try not to run straight at them as that geyser to the face hurts.

Tip 4, equip your highest magic def clothing and armor. You can go back to fashion souling when he's dead.

Tip 5, don't be afraid to use the NPC summon for him. Helps keep the clones distracted.

Tip 6, the real sage almost always spawns the furthest from you. Get in a corner and wait just before spawn, then beeline diagonal to the other corner, almost a guarantee that's where he ends up. Takes timing, if you run too early they havnt spawned yet.

For what it's worth, it will get easier after, and eventually your spells will become quite impressive and not much will stand in your way. Id offer to help you with him but im sure you want the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Good luck skeleton!

E: you can level up and come back to him, but at some point you need to take him down to progress to an area i wont spoil. He's not optional.

This post was edited by jlhromeo on Aug 2 2020 12:04am
Gold: 6.00
Aug 2 2020 07:29am
Quote (jlhromeo @ Aug 2 2020 02:02am)
Ahhh yes, this boss... he's a pain in the ass as a pure mage.

If you insist on sticking as mage for him, its still doable. Easier if you go sword and board but I get it, I liked the mage playthrough also.

Tip 1, which is fairly obvious. The clones all shoot blue magic, the real sage shoots purple. Use that to identify which is which.

Tip 2, buy some throwing knives. I believe one hit from a knife takes out the clone, giving you more time to deal with the area without spammy attacks coming at you.

Tip 3, they mostly shoot in straight lines. Bob and weave, and for the love of all that is hollow, try not to run straight at them as that geyser to the face hurts.

Tip 4, equip your highest magic def clothing and armor. You can go back to fashion souling when he's dead.

Tip 5, don't be afraid to use the NPC summon for him. Helps keep the clones distracted.

Tip 6, the real sage almost always spawns the furthest from you. Get in a corner and wait just before spawn, then beeline diagonal to the other corner, almost a guarantee that's where he ends up. Takes timing, if you run too early they havnt spawned yet.

For what it's worth, it will get easier after, and eventually your spells will become quite impressive and not much will stand in your way. Id offer to help you with him but im sure you want the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Good luck skeleton!

E: you can level up and come back to him, but at some point you need to take him down to progress to an area i wont spoil. He's not optional.

Yea.

Youll notice the main sage has a purple orb on it, others are just dark.

Smash it, especially when its phasing away. Can get extra hits in and finish this boss off quick.
Retired Moderator
Aug 2 2020 08:20am
Thanks guys I’ll keep at it. If there is one thing I’ve learned from this series is to keep going lol.

When the clones spawned I was using a spell I think it’s called Farron Dart to take them out. I can easily get boss to phase 2 but then with the clones it’s like Magic hell fire upon me in seconds and I get lit up lol. Being a mage you can imagine my character is pretty squishy.

Thanks again for the tips!
Aug 2 2020 03:57pm
Quote (RatM @ Aug 2 2020 10:20am)
Thanks guys I’ll keep at it. If there is one thing I’ve learned from this series is to keep going lol.

When the clones spawned I was using a spell I think it’s called Farron Dart to take them out. I can easily get boss to phase 2 but then with the clones it’s like Magic hell fire upon me in seconds and I get lit up lol. Being a mage you can imagine my character is pretty squishy.

Thanks again for the tips!

Know exactly how real the struggle is from my mage playthru. Then I did a melee run and that boss was a pushover. Keep at it!
Retired Moderator
Aug 3 2020 09:04am
Quote (jlhromeo @ 2 Aug 2020 14:57)
Know exactly how real the struggle is from my mage playthru. Then I did a melee run and that boss was a pushover. Keep at it!

So I cheesed the boss and still barely beat it lol.

Was browsing reddit and YouTube and people were talking about the Storytellers staff and it’s poison ability.

Farmed for that, loaded up on just health Estus, grabbed the summon and casted that poison skill on the sage and basically ran in circles dodging the volley of spells while psn damage slowly took it down. Summon died before phase 2 I was hoping to use him as a decoy for the clones. Well that nightmare is over lol.
Aug 3 2020 08:27pm
Lol I forgot about that trick, nice job

Onward!
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll