d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev19579589599609611010Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Jun 1 2023 02:09pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 1 2023 01:03pm)
Conservatives simultaneously think "black lives matter" secretly means "black lives matter more", but also took "believe all women" literally with zero added context like it would be codified into law.

ya and a person would get killed if they said "all lives matter" and the slogan "no lives matter until black lives matter" all that fukn chit from "BLM" "Buy Large Mansions" and absolutely no one was going around saying black lives didnt matter................

Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 1 2023 02:11pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jun 1 2023 03:09pm)
ya and a person would get killed if they said "all lives matter" and the slogan "no lives matter until black lives matter" all that fukn chit from "BLM" "Buy Large Mansions" and absolutely no one was going around saying black lives didnt matter................

Jun 1 2023 02:32pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Jun 1 2023 12:58pm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ctthyYjglw

I feel bad for the guy tbh

karma still active

Biden comment mocking Trump's walking resurfaces after president stumbles, falls boarding Air Force One
'Look at how he steps and look how I step,' Biden said at the time
Jun 1 2023 02:42pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 1 2023 01:11pm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmlvk9GAto

amusing.....

what would happen if a white dude went to black neighbor hood and held up a sign "white lives matter"? o wait? but that would be racist?
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 1 2023 02:52pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 1 Jun 2023 21:04)
"Believe All Women" is a catch phrase, not a literal call to immediately convict anybody accused.

If you wanted to make it perfectly accurate it would be "take all accusations seriously and thoroughly investigate giving the abused woman the benefit of the doubt that she's being good faith until proven otherwise".

But that's not catchy is it?

But the only reason you didn't interpret it that way immediately is because you perceive it as being a leftist issue. If it was a right-leaning issue you would bend over backwards for years to defend its validity.

The reason I didn't interpret it in that way is that Democrats have indeed used it - for years! - as a literal call to immediately convict any Republican accused. More than that, they also used the literal interpretation against their own as long as the accused was an "old white man" or had otherwise fallen out of favor with the DNC, see for example Al Franken.

For years, Democrats' actions on the issue matched their (literal) words, but sure, I'm a bad faith partisan hack for judging them by their actions rather than some common sense take their supporters interpreted into it to defend the madness. :rolleyes:
Gold: 260.11
Jun 1 2023 03:23pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 1 2023 03:52pm)
The reason I didn't interpret it in that way is that Democrats have indeed used it - for years!

Come back when you stop spewing bullshit lol

Unless you didn't know, Kavanaugh is still on the supreme court and has not had any charges against him. Not only that, but the FBI admitted to not doing their usual investigation because Trump didn't want them to.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jun 1 2023 03:24pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 1 2023 06:01pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 1 Jun 2023 23:23)
Come back when you stop spewing bullshit lol

Unless you didn't know, Kavanaugh is still on the supreme court and has not had any charges against him.

You must have missed the week before his confirmation when Democrats and the MSM tried everything in their power to stop his nomination by smearing him with completely ridiculous accusations. Heck, they accused him of having been the leader of an organized, large-scale rape scheme while he was still going to high school.

The reason he's still on the supreme court and had no charges against him is that the accusations never had any substance to them, rather than a lack of trying by his foes.
Gold: 24.06
Jun 1 2023 07:24pm
John Kennedy talking like a slave owner with his amendment.
Gold: 633.87
Jun 1 2023 08:50pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 1 2023 04:03pm)
Conservatives simultaneously think "black lives matter" secretly means "black lives matter more", but also took "believe all women" literally with zero added context like it would be codified into law.

Have you read up on Obama-era guidance for colleges on sexual assault? They quite literally mean "believe all women", except when it's politically convenient to not. The Kavanaugh show trial was a complete disgrace.

The main criticism I hear regarding BLM is that black lives clearly don't matter when we talk about thousands of blacks gunned down each year, but matter specifically when some crappy cop kills a black man in a highly publicized one in a million scenario. I blame the media, they publicize it to such an extent that your average person thinks this is a semi-regular occurrence, and your average Democrat thinks police led lynchings are a daily occurrence.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 2 2023 06:19am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 1 2023 09:50pm)
Have you read up on Obama-era guidance for colleges on sexual assault? They quite literally mean "believe all women", except when it's politically convenient to not. The Kavanaugh show trial was a complete disgrace.

The main criticism I hear regarding BLM is that black lives clearly don't matter when we talk about thousands of blacks gunned down each year, but matter specifically when some crappy cop kills a black man in a highly publicized one in a million scenario. I blame the media, they publicize it to such an extent that your average person thinks this is a semi-regular occurrence, and your average Democrat thinks police led lynchings are a daily occurrence.

ahhh yes the ultimate strawman where white people pretend that black people aren't at all bothered by gang violence that kills their family members and friends and imprisons countless from among them. yes, they just love it, who wouldnt.....

it always goes like this

stop the police killings

"but but but but what about gang violence (copy pasta chicago stat)"

oh great this again, can we talk about the police as that's what i brought up

"see guys they dont care"

its a pathetic dog and pony show you guys play
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19579589599609611010Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll