d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev14334344354364371009Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Apr 14 2021 04:29pm
Quote (duffman316 @ 15 Apr 2021 00:17)
Organic chicken? Look at richy mcrich here with his organic food

In my experience, Frenchmen tend to invest a lot in quality food. It's a much higher priority to them than it is to Americans/Brits/Germans/Dutchmen.
Gold: 500.00
Apr 14 2021 04:41pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 14 2021 06:29pm)
In my experience, Frenchmen tend to invest a lot in quality food. It's a much higher priority to them than it is to Americans/Brits/Germans/Dutchmen.

Id think it certainly should be, i spend more to get good quality stuff but im not certain enough about organic foods to take the plunge.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 14 2021 05:05pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 14 2021 02:24pm)
Except if you're looking at some of the places I pointed out like Europe, like Canada no one in their MSM is printing articles that it's Trudeaus or Merkel's fault hundreds are dying and it's their fault COVID exists.

Those two leaders are constantly held up as model leaders by the center-left in the US. Seems to me like 'any president' is really not as capable of doing what Trump did for the last half a year of his presidency. This isn't the first time you held Trump to some higher standards compared to other politicians though.

I don't know how any person who doesn't live under a rock can say that Trump didn't fumble the COVID response. Even putting aside the response from his administration(CDC, FDA, etc), he did a horrible job. Anyone who followed the news could see this.

This is what's called reverse TDS. You're taking the worst failure of his presidency and trying to pretend he just did as bad as any other Western leader. It's ridiculous.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 14 2021 05:42pm
https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1382408057779593218

NEW: Sen. Romney says he and Democratic Sen. Sinema working on minimum wage bill (but won’t share details)

Mitt Romney, more populist than Trump, Tucker, and Hawley put together.
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 14 2021 05:43pm
Quote (duffman316 @ 15 Apr 2021 00:17)
Organic chicken? Look at richy mcrich here with his organic food

Lol i found it, it's exactly this !

Apr 14 2021 05:53pm
Quote (IceMage @ 15 Apr 2021 01:05)
I don't know how any person who doesn't live under a rock can say that Trump didn't fumble the COVID response. Even putting aside the response from his administration(CDC, FDA, etc), he did a horrible job. Anyone who followed the news could see this.

This is what's called reverse TDS. You're taking the worst failure of his presidency and trying to pretend he just did as bad as any other Western leader. It's ridiculous.

Various Western leaders did well or badly in different aspects of their covid response. It is not a contradiction to say that Trump utterly failed on the messaging and the "create unity" fronts and to, at the same time, acknowledge that he did a decent to very good job on vaccine procurement (and thus better in this specific regard than other Western leaders).

You also have to keep in mind that different countries had very different experiences during different stages of the pandemic. For example, the government of Uruguay did "listen to the experts" early last March, took the necessary precautions and got over the first wave with only very short restrictions and barely any cases or deaths. They didnt register a surge in cases last summer like neighboring Argentina or Brazil. However, at the moment, despite the competent government still being the same, they're experiencing a huge surge in cases and have one of the highest incidences in the world. Or take my Germany, which got through the first wave quite well but has been a complete and total disaster in every imaginable way since last fall. On the flip side, Spain was a disaster zone last spring, but has gotten through this winter a lot better than most other European countries, including neighboring Portugal and culturally/climatically similar Italy.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 14 2021 05:55pm
Gold: 260.11
Apr 14 2021 05:58pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 14 2021 06:53pm)
They didnt register a surge in cases last summer like neighboring Argentina or Brazil. However, at the moment, despite the competent government still being the same, they're experiencing a huge surge in cases and have one of the highest incidences in the world.

So you're telling me that they avoided 2 waves that we took head-on and only started getting infected when a new variant that is many times more contagious started spreading? Seems like they did pretty damn good and we probably wouldn't be seeing so many variants if we had all done the same.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 14 2021 06:53pm)
Various Western leaders did well or badly in different aspects of their covid response. It is not a contradiction to say that Trump utterly failed on the messaging and the "create unity" fronts and to, at the same time, acknowledge that he did a decent to very good job on vaccine procurement.

You also have to keep in mind that different countries had very different experiences during different stages of the pandemic. For example, the government of Uruguay did "listen to the experts" early last March, took the necessary precautions and got over the first wave with only very short restrictions and barely any cases or deaths. They didnt register a surge in cases last summer like neighboring Argentina or Brazil. However, at the moment, despite the competent government still being the same, they're experiencing a huge surge in cases and have one of the highest incidences in the world. Or take my Germany which got through the first wave quite well but has been a complete and total disaster in every imaginable way since last fall. On the flip side, Spain was a disaster zone last spring, but has gotten through this winter a lot better than most other European countries, including neighboring Portugal and culturally/climatically similar Italy.

We've been over this already. We wouldn't have been perfect, but we would have been better if we had competent leadership who prioritized contact tracing, distancing, masking, etc. Instead we had one who actively fought against even basic zero risk protections like masking.

You're trying to paint a picture that there are no consistent ways to dealing with this, but there are, and they haven't changed since we first discovered viruses exist.
Gold: 57.00
Apr 14 2021 06:00pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 14 Apr 2021 17:22)
They seemed expensive. Is there any reason to use it if I have access to a good butcher?

not really. butcher you can just walk in and ask what’s good today and you’re gonna walk away with something good. also you can get access to offal and blood reliably (not everyone eats this, but some are pretty easy to eat like sweatbreads or liver, and they’re incredibly useful for flavoring stocks and soups etc.). I believe that if you eat meat (which i do) you try to use all of the animal if possible
Apr 14 2021 06:15pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 15 Apr 2021 01:58)
So you're telling me that they avoided 2 waves that we took head-on and only started getting infected when a new variant that is many times more contagious started spreading? Seems like they did pretty damn good and we probably wouldn't be seeing so many variants if we had all done the same.

They are currently doing much worse than the U.S. or even many European countries, despite the more infectious variants making up over 90% of cases in Europe by now. (Variants are above 55% in the US as well per the CDC.)
So yes, that's exactly what I was alluding to: Uruguay initially did good, but now they're doing worse despite being in a comparable situation. There are failures and successes, ebb and flow. To asses all of this with a one-dimensional score is foolish and inappropriate.

We've been over this already. We wouldn't have been perfect, but we would have been better if we had competent leadership who prioritized contact tracing, distancing, masking, etc. Instead we had one who actively fought against even basic zero risk protections like masking.

But that's the point: other Western leaders also failed spectacularly in various of these areas. IceMage was indirectly claiming that Trump did (substantially) worse than any other Western leader, and that's just no longer true once we factor in vaccine procurement. Yes, right now, the overall covid mortality in the U.S. exceeds that of most (but not all) other first world nations - but thanks to the speedy vaccine rollout (which crucially hinges on the availability of enough vaccines), chances are high that the U.S. will get through the coming months with much less deaths and restrictions than Europe, Latin America or South Asia. In the end, the difference in per capita deaths will be smaller than it looks like right now, and the U.S. will have gone through the pandemic with less restrictions and infringements of civil rights.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 14 2021 06:16pm
Gold: 8,000.00
Apr 14 2021 06:22pm
both sides made covid political, I still remember when Pelosi and Biden said Trump was wrong when he shut down border
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14334344354364371009Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll