d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev14314324334344351010Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 14 2021 12:24pm
tmw you're so gullible that you buy into neocon propaganda based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, valuing your feelings and politically motivated narratives over the expert evaluations of people familiar with the issue, and inspectors on the ground confirming those... talk about stupidity...

well, what can you expect from a science-denier who rejects even the basic physics behind co2 concentration in the atmosphere? textbook anti-intellectualism really...
Gold: 4,400.67
Apr 14 2021 12:34pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 14 Apr 2021 19:05)
who was going to overbid the US? lol.

when debt is the conversation the US is a cash cow, when it's vaccines people act like we needed Daddy Trump to go out and buy doses for us. as if the pharma companies dont already know the US is top dollar payer and the only other industrialized nations which care about their citizenry pay min prices in their single payer structure.

The majority of Europe does not have a single payer system and the EU is just as much of a cash cow as the US, yet the EU failed miserably at procuring vaccines. Canada and Japan arent doing much better than the EU either and also lag far behind the US.

Quote (IceMage @ 14 Apr 2021 19:06)
I feel like this discussion doesn't acknowledge that the good things Trump did are what we would expect from any president.

Indeed, that's how it should be in theory. In practice, Trump is one of the few world leaders who was able to do it. The EU utterly failed at this crucial and - as you say - basic task which should have been a given. Canada and other industrialized countries arent much quicker either.

As things stand right now, the vaccination campaign in the U.S. will be just quick enough to prevent the B.1.1.7 induced wave from taking off and necessitating another round of lockdowns. If this is indeed how it will play out, those 2-3 months of a leg up the U.S. have in their vaccine rollout will save them hundreds of billions of dollars.

And just so we dont misunderstand each other: Trump's handling of covid has been a disaster in most other regards. We still have to give credit where credit's due. In my book, the fact that he secured enough early-arriving vaccines upgrades his overall covid rating from an 'F' to a 'D' or 'D-'.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 14 2021 12:36pm
Gold: 751.50
Apr 14 2021 12:42pm
fenders ultimate argument

[insert buzzword] propaganda accusation, reverse the burden of proof, refer to "experts" that agree with his opinion (dont agree and you are not an expert no matter how qualified you are) = the end

the facts are, that there is zero proof iran ever stopped and they have no objective reason to do so whatsoever

its a heinous dictatorship with below zero credibility that wants nuclear weapons no matter what
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 14 2021 12:57pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 14 Apr 2021 20:24)
Except you're looking at some of the places I pointed out like Europe, like Canada and no one in their MSM is printing articles that it's Trudeaus or Merkel's fault hundreds are drying and it's their fault COVID exists.

Those two leaders are constantly held up as model leaders by the center-left in the US. Seems to me like 'any president' is really not as capable of doing what Trump did for the last half a year of his presidency.

it's funny you mention germany again, because last time i checked, we had a significantly lower death per capita rate (about half!) than the US, despite being located right between some of the early covid hotspots in europe, despite having more than 6 times the population density of the US.

yes, we're lagging behind in testing, and even more importantly and shamefully in vaccinations, which our political leaders stupidly decided to make an EU wide campaign (otherwise we'd be much better off with the financial power, the research and production facilities we all have in place here in germany) - but to act like a year of science-denial, disinformation, rejection of common sense, and scaremongering is somehow balanced out by not being the literal worst at spending tax dollars to buy vaccines that trump himself was the main driver of scepticism against, is delusional.

the one thing you're trying to give him all the credit for is the one thing the US is in a uniquely favourable position to accomplish just based on its economic power and leverage as a single nation. the things he was able to mess up by his own, personal and political decisions, he reliably failed spectacularly, lol.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 14 2021 01:04pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 14 2021 01:34pm)
The majority of Europe does not have a single payer system and the EU is just as much of a cash cow as the US, yet the EU failed miserably at procuring vaccines. Canada and Japan arent doing much better than the EU either and also lag far behind the US.

EU isn't close to as much of a cash cow as the U.S. We have a garbage system for price control and so we regularly get railed in the ass on medical prices. You think we won't overpay for a vaccine? Don't make me laugh. We'll sell our kidneys if we have to.
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 14 2021 01:04pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 14 2021 01:34pm)

Indeed, that's how it should be in theory. In practice, Trump is one of the few world leaders who was able to do it. The EU utterly failed at this crucial and - as you say - basic task which should have been a given. Canada and other industrialized countries arent much quicker either.

As things stand right now, the vaccination campaign in the U.S. will be just quick enough to prevent the B.1.1.7 induced wave from taking off and necessitating another round of lockdowns. If this is indeed how it will play out, those 2-3 months of a leg up the U.S. have in their vaccine rollout will save them hundreds of billions of dollars.

And just so we dont misunderstand each other: Trump's handling of covid has been a disaster in most other regards. We still have to give credit where credit's due. In my book, the fact that he secured enough early-arriving vaccines upgrades his overall covid rating from an 'F' to a 'D' or 'D-'.

which countries in the EU aren't single payer? and where do they rank among other EU countries in GDP?

from a 100% guess i'd say where they aren't single payer they're potato munching hobos, and where they are single payer and high GDP the bidding was kept too low.

my main point that even among state fair cows the US's combination of high GDP and multi payer state by state regulated insurance system is the fattest by far of all cows. therefore procuring doses was never needed by a potus at all. he just invited moths to a flame.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 14 2021 01:05pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 14 2021 02:04pm)
which countries in the EU aren't single payer? and where do they rank among other EU countries in GDP?

from a 100% guess i'd say where they aren't single payer they're potato munching hobos, and where they are single payer and high GDP the bidding was kept too low.

my main point that even among state fair cows the US's combination of high GDP and multi payer state by state regulated insurance system is the fattest by far of all cows. therefore procuring doses was never needed by a potus at all. he just invited moths to a flame.

Germany isn't single payer
Apr 14 2021 01:09pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 14 2021 02:05pm)
Germany isn't single payer

ya but who wants to sell doses to Nazis, the zyklon b guy did and look how that went...

for real tho from what i just googled in 25 seconds it seems 86% of Germans are in the state mandated system, u have to make a lot to opt out, and it's run by non-governmental competing but non-profit organizations.

doesnt exactly scream cash cow for pharma companies.
Gold: 4,400.67
Apr 14 2021 01:12pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 14 Apr 2021 21:04)

Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Austria all dont have a single payer model. There are probably more, but tbh I dont know the details of the healthcare system in places like Slovakia or Estonia...

Either way, those countries that I listed make up over half of the EU's population and something like 70++% of its GDP.
Apr 14 2021 01:15pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 14 2021 02:12pm)
Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Austria all dont have a single payer model. There are probably more, but tbh I dont know the details of the healthcare system in places like Slovakia or Estonia...

Either way, those countries that I listed make up over half of the EU's population and something like 70++% of its GDP.

ok, fair enough, i used single payer incorrectly.

my question remains, you're a pharma CEO, you have 100 million doses, shipping costs aside, where do you send them to maximize profits?

Sweden? China? Russia? Brazil? Cuba? France? no, of course, you send them to the U S of fucking A.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14314324334344351010Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll