d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Would You Be Cool With It?
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,723.69
Jun 1 2020 02:34pm
Thanks for your reply :) But please note that the story has developed since the first post.
She's already offered (out of her own choice) to stop hanging out with him because she knew it bothered me greatly. Things are going fine for us :)
Gold: 0.21
Jun 11 2020 01:18am
sweettt
congrats
She finally took charge of noticing you having a active issue/ problem growing inside and she chose the best resolution for you's as a couple to find the better.

She likes you bro.
Good luck.

This post was edited by killerrs2 on Jun 11 2020 01:21am
Gold: 2,900.49
Jun 25 2020 02:15pm
Quote (Forg0tten @ Jan 25 2020 06:36am)
Haha never thought I'd start a thread here myself :D

So I'm dating someone since early November and it's going rather well.
She's in the scouts where she has a lot of friends, one of which was her fwb until she met me. She had feelings for him for a long time and he always just used that for the physical part, until the point (somewhere during the summer) where she realized that it wouldn't ever work out so then she just kept seeing him for the physical part.
Even when we started dating she went to his place to watch a movie - which was not about watching the movie. He had intentions, but she went there to inform him that she wanted to stop doing all that because she was dating someone.
She did stay over to sleep (because it was already late (big bed)) but nothing happened. I believe her.

At NY eve, he texted her that he regretted the fact that things ended there and that he never gave it a shot to develop into something real.
She replied that she waited long enough, admits that she still really enjoys him but that he missed the boat. She sent me screenshots and all that because she doesn't want me to get any surprises.

Couple of weeks later he starts texting about arbitrary things again. She convinces me time and again that it's just a friendship and that she would never opt for the guy over me and all that, she doesn't actually meet up with him but she does run into him at the scouts.
She literally asked me for permission if it's OK to text with him again. And I said as much as, "I find it very weird that if he was just a fwb you would not throw him overboard when you've found something more that you actually wanted, it's like you're trying to keep a reserve line intact. But I'm not your dad, you don't need my permission"

Now, I see this guy as someone who abused her emotionally for his own physical satisfaction because she was actually in love until the last 2 months or so. And yet their friendship happily continues now that she's dating me. I've never had good relationships with someone I have dated in the past, so I find this rather weird. All my friends tell me not to worry and it's fine as long as she's open about it etc, but turns out I'm paranoid AF.

It's something we talk about very often and every answer just gives me two more questions and it's a growing problem on my side. She still has regular contact with another ex of hers, but that's a closed chapter. This fwb thing feels like a book with an open end and I find it very difficult that she still wants to hang out with him. Thoughts about this has smothered me for a long time and I'm increasingly wanting to break up, but I know full well I'd be throwing away gold. She really trusts me with things that she's never told anyone before and I believe that she's genuine with her intentions. I would never ever have her choose between one or the other.

Do I need to give it a rest? Do I need to keep talking about it with her? Or is my being paranoid here justified?

That's rough, I certainly wouldn't be "cool" with it but depending on how much I trust her and how circumstances are unique to your guys' day-to-day life I may tolerate it. If it goes on long-term I'd probably less and less cool with it until I made it very clear I wanted it to stop or it'll be a potentially relationship ending issue.

Massive props on the Bill Withers sig by the way.
Jun 26 2020 10:10am
It hasn't been a point of interest for either one of us since we talked things thoroughly through :) We're almost 5 months together, 8 months including the dating part. She insisted to stay in the city for 5 days just for a chance to meet my mum (a few days back now) when she came to visit after my final exam, despite the fact that I would be 5 days isolated in my room studying. She shows some serious dedication and things haven't ever gone so well for me before :)
I'm happy I made this thread, some people really helped me cool my head a few times.

(Bill Withers is a music God! Together with Lee Fields and Charles Bradley (rip) he was one of my go-to for soul music :) And some funky influences from Bill ofc)

This post was edited by Forg0tten on Jun 26 2020 10:12am
Gold: 33,083.62
Jun 26 2020 06:36pm
Happy things are working out with you two. That other dude is all red flags and a few red flags if she is still trying to talk to him at this point. If i was you id be telling her since your more committed now that try to let that dude go or it just seems like shes tryin to keep a second line in case u boot her out. May seem dickish but most dudes know how other dudes are and what they want unless hes a fairy. Either way hope there isnt any other issues and i wish you both best of luck.
Jun 27 2020 02:29am
Quote (Werwulf @ Jun 27 2020 02:36am)
Happy things are working out with you two. That other dude is all red flags and a few red flags if she is still trying to talk to him at this point. If i was you id be telling her since your more committed now that try to let that dude go or it just seems like shes tryin to keep a second line in case u boot her out. May seem dickish but most dudes know how other dudes are and what they want unless hes a fairy. Either way hope there isnt any other issues and i wish you both best of luck.

But it's not at all like she's keeping contact. He sometimes messages her and she replies in a friendly manner, and I'd like for her to be friendly to people even when they have hurt her and I wish I was more like that :p
She told me that she cares more for his cat than he does for him now. I think I'm fine.
Gold: 2,900.49
Jul 4 2020 03:56pm
Quote (Forg0tten @ Jun 26 2020 09:10am)
It hasn't been a point of interest for either one of us since we talked things thoroughly through :) We're almost 5 months together, 8 months including the dating part. She insisted to stay in the city for 5 days just for a chance to meet my mum (a few days back now) when she came to visit after my final exam, despite the fact that I would be 5 days isolated in my room studying. She shows some serious dedication and things haven't ever gone so well for me before :)
I'm happy I made this thread, some people really helped me cool my head a few times.

(Bill Withers is a music God! Together with Lee Fields and Charles Bradley (rip) he was one of my go-to for soul music :) And some funky influences from Bill ofc)

I just listened to his first album yesterday. Fucking amazing and impressive for a 2011 release. I didn't know he was dead :/.
Jul 5 2020 03:06am
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Jul 4 2020 11:56pm)
I just listened to his first album yesterday. Fucking amazing and impressive for a 2011 release. I didn't know he was dead :/.

y isn't that the soulziest voice you've ever heard in your life?
Koop did a remix of Nicola Conte's "Fuoto Facuo". I've always been looking for that singer but haven't found him yet :(
Gold: 4,653.00
Jul 8 2020 12:37am
glad to hear it is working out
Aug 7 2020 09:38am
Quote (Hecht55 @ May 4 2020 01:09am)
Want an update on this one in 2-3 months time.

If not fake this is a legitimate good thread.

Here's your update. 2 Days ago, it was our 6 month anniversary. We're very much in love and she insisted on meeting my family, so we spent a week in my home country and brought an awesome cheesecake recipe back to Belgium. She also took me to visit some of her family and, after nagging about it for months at home, finally got her dad to allow me to stay over for a while, so we spent some time in her hometown also.
Looking forward to next semester, where I will have a bigger room in the same building so I won't trip over her mess all the time <3
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll