d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Bernie Crew
Prev11415161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.93
Jan 23 2020 02:55am
Quote (MxVivianWulf @ Jan 23 2020 07:34pm)
Droolingwojack.jpg

Imagine thinking a fair wage is welfare lol.

Imagine thinking employment, for a huge portion of people, involves any 'negotiation' and isn't simply coercion.

Holy shit dude. So far down the rabbit hole.

Its the brainwashing people are put through these days a "dream job" is a lie people are told about from age 10 or so, these days your options are work for some lowlife like bezos or starve.
Slavery is alive in 2020.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 23 2020 05:14am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jan 23 2020 03:55am)
Its the brainwashing people are put through these days a "dream job" is a lie people are told about from age 10 or so, these days your options are work for some lowlife like bezos or starve.
Slavery is alive in 2020.

Amazon is bingeing and purging employees here all the time. Terrible work environment I hear.

It's funny because my friends stuck in these jobs are voting for trump or not at all, dumb motherfuckers lol.

I did thank them for my tax cut. Last year I didn't have to pay anything, while I'm still paying 2017 for example. Apparently they think I need it more.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 23 2020 05:14am
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 23 2020 07:11am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jan 22 2020 11:32pm)
The bolded is about the only consistent principle I can appreciate with their politics.

They've lost their ideals on economics and free trade vs protectionism. They have no principles on interventionalism and foreign policy, it's whatever Trump does that they support. They hold no standard of the Oval Office of the current president vs the previous president.

as times change ideals are discarded to make way for more important ideals. this just exposes they care more about whiteness and jobs than free trade, and that actually free trade was a way for them to extend those ideals. but no longer is.

as to standard for the potus, thats just silly. Trump is acting like Andrew Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt, and many other headstrong presidents who didnt censor themselves. its a dated standard but certainly it exists. they didnt like the standard Bush, Bush2, Clinton, and Obama set, and for the record i didnt much either. not like i like where trump is at.

and as to interventionism specifically, they are generally anti, but with countries like Iran or authoritarian regimes like Syria they let it slip, and missiles arent invasions or occupations. there's a mile of difference between even the oppressive regime of Saddaam and what Iran is doing. Iran is flouting international wishes in the pursuit of a nuke, they have state sanctioned forced sex changes or executions of gays, they have protests in the streets that they use live ammo to bust up. The trump wing didnt like the WMD lie in Iraq or chasing rats down holes in Afghanistan. many of them maybe dont even react logically like this, but their actions arent strictly hypocritical. even the rallying cry of "no more pointless wars" doesnt strictly apply to Iran. they're human scum, ousting them would never be pointless, even if its not cost effective in lives nor money.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jan 23 2020 07:12am
Gold: 633.87
Jan 23 2020 07:21am
Quote (MxVivianWulf @ Jan 23 2020 03:34am)
Droolingwojack.jpg

Imagine thinking a fair wage is welfare lol.

Imagine thinking employment, for a huge portion of people, involves any 'negotiation' and isn't simply coercion.

Holy shit dude. So far down the rabbit hole.

A "fair wage" meaning an arbitrary number you pulled out of a hat, and completely divorced from the economic value of the work performed.

Do you even work for a living?

Gold: 57.00
Jan 23 2020 07:38am
Quote (bogie160 @ 23 Jan 2020 08:21)
A "fair wage" meaning an arbitrary number you pulled out of a hat, and completely divorced from the economic value of the work performed.

aristocrats like scaly never have to work, just live a life of pale pasty lefty privilege
Gold: 0.00
Jan 23 2020 07:48am
Quote (bogie160 @ 23 Jan 2020 13:21)

The fair wage would be the value produced by someone's labor. This is Marxism 101 dude.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 23 2020 08:54am
Quote (MxVivianWulf @ Jan 23 2020 07:48am)
The fair wage would be the value produced by someone's labor. This is Marxism 101 dude.

marx didnt realize robots were coming. many people's labor is no longer as much as they think. and if corporations were forced to tie wages directly to their labor value they'd instead just automate faster.

both capitalism and marxism are consumed by technology. marxism has a place in the future with regards to prosperity of the people, but its ideas of labor are woefully dated and actually make automation move faster. afterall the whole reason people automate is because robots can produce more per hour for less than a human's labor. we just happen to live in an era of labor replacement, rather than displacement. and full automation rather than partial which aims to assist human labor in being more efficient.
Gold: 260.11
Jan 23 2020 09:15am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 23 2020 08:54am)
marx didnt realize robots were coming. many people's labor is no longer as much as they think. and if corporations were forced to tie wages directly to their labor value they'd instead just automate faster.

both capitalism and marxism are consumed by technology. marxism has a place in the future with regards to prosperity of the people, but its ideas of labor are woefully dated and actually make automation move faster. afterall the whole reason people automate is because robots can produce more per hour for less than a human's labor. we just happen to live in an era of labor replacement, rather than displacement. and full automation rather than partial which aims to assist human labor in being more efficient.

Marx only loosely tied added value to cost, instead ascribing some ephemeral "value" to an object that can be increased by labor. So its hard to say that you can pay someone an equivilant added value. Id say it was dumb but most economic theories are dumb, mostly because they have tried to create a new field that should just be a subfield of psychology and that causes problems.
Gold: 633.87
Jan 23 2020 09:23am
Quote (MxVivianWulf @ Jan 23 2020 08:48am)

The value that a worker adds is not the sum of the product minus the sum of material costs.

The person cooking your burger is not adding value equal to the difference between the price of the ingredients and the price of the cooked burger. That would exclude organizational costs, entrepreneurial risk, overhead and infrastructure.

Someone who processes routine financial transactions is not "producing" value equal to the costs charged for the financial transactions, as the ability to charge what each company does is a function of many other things, of which the actual labor is one part.

You didn't answer my question, though. I wonder whether your simplistic worldview is just the result of lacking any relevant experience in things we are discussing.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 23 2020 09:25am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 23 2020 09:54am)

Labor theory if value would say that diamonds would be worth less if robots mines them easier because the amount of labor needed to locate, extract, and refine has been reduced, and since the source of value has been reduced (due to them simply becoming easier to get) the end product is worth less. Things like rarity and scarcity are accounted for in the amount of labor it takes to find, extract, use, etc.

This is sound theory and describes reality well.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 23 2020 09:42am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11415161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll