d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Bernie Crew
Prev115161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 23 2020 09:53am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 23 2020 09:25am)
Labor theory if value would say that diamonds would be worth less if robots mines them easier because the amount of labor needed to locate, extract, and refine has been reduced, and since the source of value has been reduced (due to them simply becoming easier to get) the end product is worth less. Things like rarity and scarcity are accounted for in the amount of labor it takes to find, extract, use, etc.

This is sound theory and describes reality well.

Diamonds aren't scarce, though. That's the wool that was pulled over everyone's eyes by De Beers.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 23 2020 10:14am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 23 2020 09:25am)
Labor theory if value would say that diamonds would be worth less if robots mines them easier because the amount of labor needed to locate, extract, and refine has been reduced, and since the source of value has been reduced (due to them simply becoming easier to get) the end product is worth less. Things like rarity and scarcity are accounted for in the amount of labor it takes to find, extract, use, etc.

This is sound theory and describes reality well.

value in diamonds is inflated in 2 ways. 1.) advances in technology have raised the clarity and karats of available diamonds to make objectively better diamonds available to more people. this offsets the savings on labor to speculate and mine them. 2.) false scarcity, many millions are locked away. and many "jewelry quality" diamonds from the 1950s are now instead used for industrial use and/or en masse in large jewelry pieces.

technology has increased the uses for diamonds beyond jewelry, and there's skulduggery at play.

in the coming future wages will continue to be paid as a way to retain consumers, and avoid pr nightmares from mass layoffs. not as an actual efficient means of production.

i just did a large factory revamping for a fortune 100 company. we purposely put in manual adjustments at the behest of the customer to avoid massive layoffs. but i could have instead designed it with automatic sensor driven adjustments. but then their plant floor workforce would go from 100 or so down to 10, and 10 new cnc operators at that. so almost a 100% layoff. they ordered the sensor upgrades spread out over the next 5 years, so they can slow bleed to work force. almost all fortune 500 companies are doing this, delayed release of employees. if this doesnt scare you it should, this turns marx's unified and stronger together workforce into shivering dependents asking "please sir, may i have some more?" like Oliver Twist.

ive been warning capitalists and marxists for years about the coming death of both labor and consumerism. no one listens. thats fine, ill just make bank off the public's ignorance while trying to do what i can to mitigate the issues in my off hours.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jan 23 2020 10:19am
Gold: 356.93
Jan 23 2020 04:31pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 24 2020 12:11am)
as times change ideals are discarded to make way for more important ideals. this just exposes they care more about whiteness and jobs than free trade, and that actually free trade was a way for them to extend those ideals. but no longer is.

as to standard for the potus, thats just silly. Trump is acting like Andrew Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt, and many other headstrong presidents who didnt censor themselves. its a dated standard but certainly it exists. they didnt like the standard Bush, Bush2, Clinton, and Obama set, and for the record i didnt much either. not like i like where trump is at.

and as to interventionism specifically, they are generally anti, but with countries like Iran or authoritarian regimes like Syria they let it slip, and missiles arent invasions or occupations. there's a mile of difference between even the oppressive regime of Saddaam and what Iran is doing. Iran is flouting international wishes in the pursuit of a nuke, they have state sanctioned forced sex changes or executions of gays, they have protests in the streets that they use live ammo to bust up. The trump wing didnt like the WMD lie in Iraq or chasing rats down holes in Afghanistan. many of them maybe dont even react logically like this, but their actions arent strictly hypocritical. even the rallying cry of "no more pointless wars" doesnt strictly apply to Iran. they're human scum, ousting them would never be pointless, even if its not cost effective in lives nor money.

The us put this mess in charge of iran in the first place after toppling their secular government.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 23 2020 05:14pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jan 23 2020 04:31pm)
The us put this mess in charge of iran in the first place after toppling their secular government.

And trump supporters are against intervention. It's TRUE, I just don't see how it's relevant to my point
Gold: 356.93
Jan 23 2020 08:02pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 24 2020 10:14am)
And trump supporters are against intervention. It's TRUE, I just don't see how it's relevant to my point

If i had my way the middle east would be renamed to the great glass desert.
Gold: 57.00
Jan 23 2020 09:35pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ 23 Jan 2020 10:53)
Diamonds aren't scarce, though. That's the wool that was pulled over everyone's eyes by De Beers.

an example of a global command economy
Jan 23 2020 10:58pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 23 2020 10:14am)

ill just make bank off the public's ignorance while trying to do what i can to mitigate the issues in my off hours.

what do you mean by this? DM me if you don't want to make it public
Gold: 260.11
Jan 23 2020 11:05pm
Quote (Giannis @ Jan 23 2020 10:58pm)
what do you mean by this? DM me if you don't want to make it public

He designs conveyor systems and the like for large companies. His job is basically automating factory workers out of jobs.
Jan 23 2020 11:07pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 23 2020 11:05pm)
He designs conveyor systems and the like for large companies. His job is basically automating factory workers out of jobs.

I work with EHS managers w/ their facilities (including new automated factories) to have the proper signage, lockout procedures, spill kits, etc

I wouldn't say I'm making money off of automation tho

This post was edited by Giannis on Jan 23 2020 11:07pm
Gold: 260.11
Jan 23 2020 11:15pm
Quote (Giannis @ Jan 23 2020 11:07pm)
I work with EHS managers w/ their facilities (including new automated factories) to have the proper signage, lockout procedures, spill kits, etc

I wouldn't say I'm making money off of automation tho

He is explicitly designing the automated systems that put people out of jobs. He's making money by designing and selling the tools that allow automation to happen.

(Aka he's the enemy! Burn him with the 1%)

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jan 23 2020 11:24pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev115161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll