d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2019-2020 Off-season Transactions > Red/bold This Time.
Prev18788899091105Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.80
Gold: 79,366.46
Apr 7 2020 12:14pm
Quote (ChiefQueef @ Apr 7 2020 01:58pm)

Bucs seems to have a new design every couple years. Takes all the interest out of it.

This one is an improvement, but nothing special overall

This post was edited by Terps on Apr 7 2020 12:14pm
Gold: 10.55
Apr 7 2020 12:14pm
Quote (ChiefQueef @ Apr 7 2020 10:58am)

the grey is nice, the presumably home and away red and white are meh.
Gold: 18.88
Apr 8 2020 03:16pm
I heard on the local radio show that there's some valid concerns with David Johnson passing his Houston Texans physical. A non-team doctor gave him a recent pass over his problematic wrist pain (2017 injury), but he still has to be evaluated by the Texans medical staff and the rest of his body will be looked at more thoroughly.

If he can't pass a physical then they better cancel that terrible DeAndre Hopkins trade or revise it to include a first-round pick. A second and a fourth isn't enough for arguably the best wide receiver in the game. I want a second, third and fourth in this draft (they won't give up the 8th overall pick), and a first-round pick in 2021. That would be my minimum asking price. It's bad enough the Texans had to swap fourth-round picks in such a lopsided trade.

The draft picks involved in the trade complicate the matter. Both players must pass their physicals before the 2020 NFL Draft, slated to begin April 23, or the teams will have to agree on new terms. It remains unlikely that either player fails their physical outright but it does give both teams, mainly the Houston Texans (shorter end of the deal), a potential out to cancel the trade entirely or ask for better draft compensation.

Of course the Arizona Cardinals say they're not worried. They want the deal to go through, as is, because it's a great trade for them! “There’s not a concern,” head coach Kliff Kingsbury told reporters. “It’s been slower than it would be due to the virus, but I have no doubts the trade will get done before the draft.”
Gold: 6.33
Apr 8 2020 03:49pm
Quote (Madmartigan @ Apr 8 2020 05:16pm)
I heard on the local radio show that there's some valid concerns with David Johnson passing his Houston Texans physical. A non-team doctor gave him a recent pass over his problematic wrist pain (2017 injury), but he still has to be evaluated by the Texans medical staff and the rest of his body will be looked at more thoroughly.

If he can't pass a physical then they better cancel that terrible DeAndre Hopkins trade or revise it to include a first-round pick. A second and a fourth isn't enough for arguably the best wide receiver in the game. I want a second, third and fourth in this draft (they won't give up the 8th overall pick), and a first-round pick in 2021. That would be my minimum asking price. It's bad enough the Texans had to swap fourth-round picks in such a lopsided trade.

The draft picks involved in the trade complicate the matter. Both players must pass their physicals before the 2020 NFL Draft, slated to begin April 23, or the teams will have to agree on new terms. It remains unlikely that either player fails their physical outright but it does give both teams, mainly the Houston Texans (shorter end of the deal), a potential out to cancel the trade entirely or ask for better draft compensation.

Of course the Arizona Cardinals say they're not worried. They want the deal to go through, as is, because it's a great trade for them! “There’s not a concern,” head coach Kliff Kingsbury told reporters. “It’s been slower than it would be due to the virus, but I have no doubts the trade will get done before the draft.”

if i were a texans fan i would be pissed if Johnson didnt fail his test. this trade was so fucking lopsided from the start.

i feel bad for you guys
Apr 8 2020 04:03pm
Quote (SactownKill @ Apr 8 2020 04:49pm)
if i were a texans fan i would be pissed if Johnson didnt fail his test. this trade was so fucking lopsided from the start.

i feel bad for you guys

I agree. If that trade goes through it's a huge setback for the franchise.
Even worse is the fact that Deshaun Watson wasn't happy with that trade.

To go from a 24-0 lead against the Super Bowl champs on the road in the divisional round...
And all of a sudden talking about this mess is difficult. We shouldn't even be in this position!

If we really needed a veteran running back that badly we could have just signed Melvin Gordon or even Todd Gurley (before Falcons did). Four years ago when David Johnson was a healthy young stud that looked like the next Adrian Peterson I'd have been more optimistic. Worst case scenario we could have also re-signed Carlos Hyde or Lamar Miller. Hyde rushed for over 1,000 yards with the Texans in 2019 and was amazing splitting carries with Duke Johnson.

The Houston Texans were on the cusp of making a Super Bowl run in the next year or two with Deshaun Watson.
They needed a few more pieces to compete with the KC Chiefs. Now we're talking about rebuilding to be honest.

The only bright spot for the Texans right now, besides Deshaun, is that talented young offensive line anchored by Laremy Tunsil, Tytus Howard and Max Scharping. Those two rookies played well last year prior to Tytus Howard's injury. And Tunsil made his first pro bowl and is due to become the highest paid left tackle in the league. If the Texans keep building up front they'll have the best offensive line in the NFL in a couple of years. That's only useful if Deshaun Watson stays and doesn't demand a trade.

This post was edited by Madmartigan on Apr 8 2020 04:09pm
Gold: 15.80
Apr 9 2020 05:22pm
So trade a 1st for cooks and then trade him for a 2nd

Go rams
Apr 9 2020 05:23pm
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet ·11m
Sources: The #Texans are in the process of trading for #Rams WR Brandin Cooks. On the move again, this time to Houston.

Brandin Cooks has been highly productive in four of the past five seasons. Still 26 years old.
This would've been an ideal weapon playing with DeAndre Hopkins. I still like the addition.

But this may have more to do with Will Fuller's inability to stay healthy. Cooks is a much better version of Fuller.

Let's gamble and sign Antonio Brown, once the NFL clears him, and AB, Cooks, Fuller, Stills is pretty damn good, IMO.
Apr 9 2020 05:39pm
The Texans had two second-round picks in this upcoming 2020 draft. #40 and #57.

It looks like the one they're giving to the Rams is pick #57. Technically pick #40 isn't ours yet.
That's the second-round pick coming from Arizona in the DeAndre Hopkins unofficial trade.

I forgot about Randall Cobb being added also. The Houston Texans aren't going to be half bad at wide receiver even after losing DeAndre Hopkins. But I wish that trade fell through. David Johnson can still fail his physical. I feel like we could've gotten a first-round pick in the D-Hop trade. Not just a second and fourth.

We'll see what happens. Maybe Bill O'Brien knows what he's doing after all but there's too much wheeling and dealing going on.

Also Brandin Cooks has to pass his physical. He's been Mr. Concussion in recent years hasn't he?
Four concussions in two years. Two more last season. He'd have been dealt for a 1st if not for that.
You're talking about a dangerous and speedy playmaker with 1,000+ receiving yards in 4 out of 6 years.

This post was edited by Madmartigan on Apr 9 2020 05:49pm
Gold: 1,606.50
Apr 9 2020 05:51pm
Cooks to the Texans for 2nd round pick.. Texans even drafting this year?
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev18788899091105Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll