d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Major Ticket Policy > Part 1
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 20 2019 03:16pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 20 2019 02:50pm)
Neither actually.

The larger characterization of depression is apathy, not sadness. It would be more like saying the ocean is water, not fish.

valid point for sure. high crossover with depression and sadness. universal crossover with depression and apathy.

in my depression i was both, but it was indeed the apathy that woke me up to the idea that i was depressed. my sadness was assumed given the situation, the apathy was the symptom i noticed because i didnt expect it.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 20 2019 04:23pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 20 2019 04:10pm)
Nah, fundamentally depression isn't sadness. My worst depression was never sad, it was empty and anxious

and i said that was a fair point... and to stop assuming the mentality of others.
i'm not sure what you had issues understanding. either way...

there are different levels of depression and varying time-sets.
if someone is depressed for 3 straight years and unable to get out for even 20 hours a week over 3 months of those 3 years....
the free food wasn't helping. (- rare situations i'm sure)
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 16 2020 02:29pm
i just want to update this. this is something i want to get accomplished, but it won't be in the time-frame i first planned.
3 major reasons.

1. is life, without getting into it much, it's been a hard couple months for me. all motivation for personal growth was stunted by real life situations for a while.

2. is a position issue. i have "started" on this begrudgingly a "few" times. i am noticing my policy changes a bit pending what hat i put on.
policy in executive or federal branch is a bit different than when i have my local governance hat on. (governor/mayor) i'm debating on making these separate threads to address positions on at least a couple different brackets.

3. balance of form. i don't want to cover issues too broadly, but at the same time i could spend a life-time trying to perfect just a single "bill" even at local level. i'm having issues "settling" on a decision for anything when i know how much further i can delve into each topic.
i'm still thinking of how to set a middle-ground goal for each topic.

so i'm going to give the list again of topics, if anyone has criticism or suggestions, they are welcomed.
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Dec 10 2019 04:39pm)
this is a list of everything mentioned so far: (i removed the repeats)
Taxes
Healthcare
Police
Military
Defense
Utilities
Energy
Immigration
Law
Diversity
Equality
Foreign policy
Education
Housing
Safety Nets
Environment
Trade
Economy
Weather
Smaller government
Homelessness
food crisis
Taxing corporations
crony capitalism
Digital privacy
Information ownership
Government Expansion
Infrastructure

I have tried lumping them into smaller brackets for a first draft of the list:
Crime and Punishment
Economy
Education
Environment
Foreign Relations
Government Assistance
Healthcare
Human Rights
Immigration
Infrastructure
Military
National Security
Powers of Government
Tax
Trade

some of these i'm not sure if they fit well enough.
i.e. equality, diversity, digital privacy and ownership of info, i'm lumping into "Human Rights". also climate/weather effects i believe can be summed under "Infrastructure" and "Environment"

i'm assuming we can all create our own sub-brackets for policies, but if you believe there should be more separation or anything added let me know.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll