d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Return Of The Shaman > A Continuation
Prev1192021222325Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,050.00
Jul 30 2020 10:02am
so even with ele gcs cano isn't that good of a damage dealer, darn.
Gold: 22,189.49
Jul 30 2020 11:59am
Quote (Gilgameshed @ Jul 30 2020 11:02am)
so even with ele gcs cano isn't that good of a damage dealer, darn.

the only setup that gets a reasonable chance of volcano locking w/o sw is a -resists build with heavy fire, which conflicts with grizzly. With a full fire druid glass ravenlore caster setup with 45 volcano / +55% / -75% you can get 1050 phys + 3100 fire with -75% res. An 8% dr / 75+10 stack caster would take ~630 hp per hit and stunlock to death

but max volcano fire damage means max geddon and max phys means max boulder. It wants 80 skills and leaves fissure missing a huge chunk of damage without max firestorm, and a 100 fire skill build cant hybridize. And losing ele skillers and -facets and skill points to get a grizzly with actually usable fcr, unlike the glass fire build, leaves you with a lot less damag3.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 30 2020 02:05pm
So what's the best shaman setup?

Facet sword? Hoto

MB vita?
Gold: 22,189.49
Jul 31 2020 03:34am
Quote (Vampiryn @ Jul 30 2020 03:05pm)

Facet sword? Hoto

MB vita?

well in terms of mb vs vita it obviously depends on matchup, vita better vs casters, mb better vs zons/barbs
but in terms of skill balance I absolutely endorse the cube/stash bo with facet swap setup and high grizzly primary
even the 0 ele skiller all-in grizzly build has a more powerful fissure on swap than the hoto/spirit vita 5/4 skiller setup does on primary, because almost everyone has unstacked fire resist on their normal setup, and vs stack/sorb grizzly is all you have anyway
there is a definitely a clumsier element to it, leaving you with very low fcr tele while baiting fissures. But the alternative is a low threat fissure that only grinds people down slowly.
Gold: 9,050.00
Jul 31 2020 10:00am
just watch out for wizspike users
Jul 31 2020 06:43pm
nice shaman guide
Aug 1 2020 04:04pm
How do you teleport immediately After casting volcano. Theres a delay
Gold: 1,110.00
Aug 1 2020 04:16pm
Quote (Vampiryn @ Jul 30 2020 10:05pm)

Facet sword? Hoto

MB vita?

5500 fissure with -0 enemy res is:
5500*0,17*0,1=93 life pr hit. Which is what u gonna deal to most with hoto.

5500 fissure*0,17*0,3=280 life pr hit can be resonable vs enemies with a few stack as a firefacet setup.

5500 fissure *0,17 *0,6=561 is resonable vs people getting exactly 90fr for their typical sop builds with no stack.

Then there is the flexible fcr parts which hoto provides and the extra bear skills. U can ofc have both and precast, but then u cannot bo bear. And using fissure to just remove summons, in combi with forexample shockwave and swirled volcano might deal overall better dmg via bear than a pure summoner or a high fire build.

In my eyes volcano will fhr very few players without swirl, it Will always stun super with swirl and it Will often fbr people. The dmg is pretty shit, espesially for such a delay after.

My experience is mainly from fireclawer, and i can own games with it, but as soon an enemy hammer/smiter/barb gets 90fr with stacks and is resonable skilled at duelling im more or less chanceless even though i can use mb. The same goes for necs, good necs can always kill me, but my build can always kill necs as well, but that is mainly due to fireclaw.

You should consider theese weps:
Beast
Hoto
Lw

And you should have a jmod and 6sox ba filled with facet at switch when u dont have bo. (if u decide to go fire dmg)

If u decide to have fireclaw you should have a 110ias pb and a 110ias warschyte.

And you should anyhow have a plan to remove summons or stun enemies if bear is main dmg.

You should also try to get a good pelt as starter, unless ur build require diadem, if so you could focus on that instead first.

I know this is very vague, but that is due to the fact i have not tried a pure shaman build(grizzly + fire) Yet :p

The flexibility of this build in this topic is quite epic, and thanks to playing tel3zon i know that flexibility + skills wins duels even though dmg at first glance dont seem to be heavy.
Aug 1 2020 04:22pm
Quote (gel87 @ Aug 1 2020 05:16pm)
5500 fissure with -0 enemy res is:
5500*0,17*0,1=93 life pr hit. Which is what u gonna deal to most with hoto.

5500 fissure*0,17*0,3=280 life pr hit can be resonable vs enemies with a few stack as a firefacet setup.

5500 fissure *0,17 *0,6=561 is resonable vs people getting exactly 90fr for their typical sop builds with no stack.

Then there is the flexible fcr parts which hoto provides and the extra bear skills. U can ofc have both and precast, but then u cannot bo bear. And using fissure to just remove summons, in combi with forexample shockwave and swirled volcano might deal overall better dmg via bear than a pure summoner or a high fire build.

In my eyes volcano will fhr very few players without swirl, it Will always stun super with swirl and it Will often fbr people. The dmg is pretty shit, espesially for such a delay after.

My experience is mainly from fireclawer, and i can own games with it, but as soon an enemy hammer/smiter/barb gets 90fr with stacks and is resonable skilled at duelling im more or less chanceless even though i can use mb. The same goes for necs, good necs can always kill me, but my build can always kill necs as well, but that is mainly due to fireclaw.

You should consider theese weps:
Beast
Hoto
Lw

And you should have a jmod and 6sox ba filled with facet at switch when u dont have bo. (if u decide to go fire dmg)

If u decide to have fireclaw you should have a 110ias pb and a 110ias warschyte.

And you should anyhow have a plan to remove summons or stun enemies if bear is main dmg.

You should also try to get a good pelt as starter, unless ur build require diadem, if so you could focus on that instead first.

I know this is very vague, but that is due to the fact i have not tried a pure shaman build(grizzly + fire) Yet :p

The flexibility of this build in this topic is quite epic, and thanks to playing tel3zon i know that flexibility + skills wins duels even though dmg at first glance dont seem to be heavy.

So its better to.stick with hoto over 6 facet sword.?
Gold: 1,110.00
Aug 1 2020 05:20pm
Quote (Vampiryn @ Aug 2 2020 12:22am)
So its better to.stick with hoto over 6 facet sword.?

I can run the numbers in excel tomorrow but i would say yes.

Shaman as explained by this topic first post is a physical build.

Thats why it focus on volcano/grizzly/moulten builder etc.
A fire build with facets are deveatation vs people it pierce reistance to, but is pretty harmless vs chars that stack those fire and get 75-90 resistances after facet, which is something a lot of people can get on eu nl.

A hoto build will always be able to do dmg even if enemy stack you, that is the difference.

3 skills is not only 3 skills.
It boost all 3 syntenergies to grizzly as well as giving him a high direct skill level. This means ar and defense and life as well as dmg. As a secondary bonus it boost the how which is 21% bonus to ar/ed% as well as boosting physical dmg on volcano/moutlen boulder as well as the fire dmg(which are already stacked anyway).
Additional to this it also gives 40@ and 1 higher fcr break as well as giving a spot for abs or +1 skills via soj/dwarf/wisp etc.
Volcano is not just 850 physical dmg anymore, its close to 1,4k or smt. This is not irrelevant. If you calculate most ghosts physical wirl dmg u will find it to be like max 2k average(in a exspensive build with eth claw) Volcano hits pretty fast pr second as well and dont need ar, and adds a fair share fire dmg and can be casted at range) If u further calculate the venom dmg and compare that to the fire dmg from volcano u will see that venom is shit and 1,4k added firedmg actually will deal out way more dmg than a fully precasted venom wirl. The fissure deals some dmg as well, it may end up dealing a somewhat respectable/noticable dmg on moving target like those that are charging/walking/wirling etc and annoys people to make mistanke and even gear choice mistake that fucks up their dr and even life. Ur grizzly deal quite a decent dmg compareable to a low smite hit(counted as hit pr hit not dps and effectivity). The armageddon physical dmg is super low, but this added 3-5k fire dmg is really nice compliment as well as summon remover. Fissure is ofc a good summon remover as well.

So this is one of the typical builds that people dont understand, they look at the dmg numbers and they compare that with their experience of what fissure/armageddon build dealth to their fully stacked dins with 90fr.

So if i were to build one i would be:
2dru/3armageddon/3volcano/3grizzly pelt(cham+facet or Ber or Lo) helm

Bug belt

Sop

2/10fcr/2x str/20@/4x + life

Shadows 25 dex

Magefist

Hoto

2 sojs

Eni or eod

4-5 summon sks 4x
4-5 ele sks 4x
7 x 20/5@
3 x 5fhr/5@
20/20/25torch
20/20 annie

Then i would stash:
Wisp/raven/dwarf/hots.

Rest is optional(u can stash storm'shael' + fcr/dex/life/@ ring + 2/20/str/life ammu for 100fcr max dr max block eq) or full facet eq and more of each sks, maby even a beast + diadem setup.

This way u achieve max dmg vs all the enemies that stack fire, and kills the ones that dont slower.

I would be tempted to skill the neccesary for shockwave and i would nomather what have 1 cyclone armor.

This post was edited by gel87 on Aug 1 2020 05:22pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1192021222325Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll