d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Candle: Classic Hammerdin Walkthru
Prev1161718
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,150.00
Oct 26 2019 09:41am
Meh, def is important in hell cs as you are best off tanking groups. This is the strength of the swirling hammers. A holy grim shield is a rather strong and easy to buy at vendor shield, in combination with a def/resist mp. You can also go for goldskin. Hotspurs, 50fcr, iratha helm etc should do the trick.

Vigor/charge for movement, and the most dmg output you can get to hit the mobs hardest. In general we aim to max fr/lr together with holy shield (max block), high life and def.

I may have mis interpret the topicstarter when he said 2 sock grimshield. I am used to playing battle.net and not singleplayer. But I see alot of misconceceptions regarding classic items so tried o clarify it.

Also adding such a line would be against the whole idea of these walkthroughs @ gmtennis? Is it that easy to go into a5 with a classic char on SP?

Gold: 50,062.31
Oct 26 2019 11:05am
Quote (Ghostridahh @ Oct 25 2019 03:39am)
R.I.P Candle

you inspired me to make a classic din myself
just completed the game but cs runs seem to be VERY tough

yeah it's very tough :P

Quote (GMTennis @ Oct 26 2019 08:10am)
he can gamble/find a +2 30/20 from a vendor and add "-act 5" to the command line, then he can get a 38@ pris one magical ^_^

what? :o
Gold: 520.44
Oct 26 2019 11:53am
is it possible to gamble exceptional versions of an item?
Gold: 837.00
Oct 26 2019 12:02pm
Quote (Ghostridahh @ Oct 26 2019 01:53pm)
is it possible to gamble exceptional versions of an item?

Unfortunately not possible in classic.

I read through this whole walk a while back and was sad to see you RIP’d as I love HC classic. If there’s one thing I’ve learned is that hell CS can be really deadly in classic without all your resistances being maxed. Those multi shot baddies can dish out some huge damage
Gold: 0.00
Oct 27 2019 12:25am
Quote (Jorrit @ Oct 26 2019 04:41pm)
Meh, def is important in hell cs as you are best off tanking groups. This is the strength of the swirling hammers. A holy grim shield is a rather strong and easy to buy at vendor shield, in combination with a def/resist mp. You can also go for goldskin. Hotspurs, 50fcr, iratha helm etc should do the trick.

Vigor/charge for movement, and the most dmg output you can get to hit the mobs hardest. In general we aim to max fr/lr together with holy shield (max block), high life and def.

I may have mis interpret the topicstarter when he said 2 sock grimshield. I am used to playing battle.net and not singleplayer. But I see alot of misconceceptions regarding classic items so tried o clarify it.

Also adding such a line would be against the whole idea of these walkthroughs @ gmtennis? Is it that easy to go into a5 with a classic char on SP?

yeah kinda against those selfmade rules, but its fun imo, youll also have your socketed uniques like in bnet nl, i always socketed my classic stuff on single player ^^

you start in a5 with a lvl 33 char instead of a lvl 1 in a1 (was implemented in 1.10 patch or so)

Gold: 50,062.31
Oct 27 2019 11:50am
Quote (GetStabby @ Oct 26 2019 11:02am)
Unfortunately not possible in classic.

I read through this whole walk a while back and was sad to see you RIP’d as I love HC classic. If there’s one thing I’ve learned is that hell CS can be really deadly in classic without all your resistances being maxed. Those multi shot baddies can dish out some huge damage

Yeah. Unfortunately no magic resistances. Only thing we got against that is magic damage reduction, which isn't much. :( That was what killed me. Three bone spirits hit me at once while I was attacked by champion pit lords.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1161718
Add Reply New Topic New Poll