d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Candle: Classic Hammerdin Walkthru
Prev11415161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.95
Oct 15 2019 08:46am
Does the killing seem kind of easy with hammers on P8 or is there a lot of scary moments?
Gold: 50,061.36
Oct 15 2019 12:47pm
Quote (15bucks @ Oct 15 2019 07:46am)
Does the killing seem kind of easy with hammers on P8 or is there a lot of scary moments?

Yes, there are a lot of scary moments. A few CS runs ago, I ran into a pack of Knights where its leader, a caster, had some buffs that made each of his Bone Spirit hit for more than half of my health. My super healing potions weren't healing me fast enough. I had to use a full juv each time he cast on me. I was standing right by him hammering, but it still took a lot of hammers to kill him. By the time he finally died, I was all out of juvs.

Knights are the worst. I never let one of De Seis's minions land a hit on me, not if I can help it. One hit = more than half of my health gone. I have to hammer then walk then hammer then walk, until his minions are all dead. Then I run to De Seis and kill him.

Infector's pack does too much damage for me to be able to tank, so I have to do the same routine as for De Seis' pack, but they're a little less scary.

On average, I use 2 juvs per game. I try to not be too conservative on juvs. I think that's why I'm still alive after this long. If I run out of juvs, I go to Act 1 and farm some off champions. This doesn't happen too often, though.

On average, I go to town maybe ten times throughout each CS run. I drain a lot of mana and health pots. None of that gets shown in the screenshots, lol. :P

I think each run takes me about 30 minutes. They used to take 40 minutes, but I'm getting a little better at it now, and I'm also trying to just run through River of Flame as much as I can. Urdar and Pit Lord packs are the only things I take time to hammer down in RoF; they give pretty decent xp.

I think Ornate plate is not so good after all. I have only 1150 health. It's not enough. And the monsters still hit damn hard. Bone Spirits hurt the most, I've noticed. I need magic dmg reduction badly. But so far I haven't seen a rare mage plate drop yet. None! Oddly, they seem to be very uncommon... I guess it's just RNG. When I get a decent one, I may respec again. I have only one respec left, tho...
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2019 06:30am
Quote (pwb3 @ Oct 15 2019 07:47pm)
Yes, there are a lot of scary moments. A few CS runs ago, I ran into a pack of Knights where its leader, a caster, had some buffs that made each of his Bone Spirit hit for more than half of my health. My super healing potions weren't healing me fast enough. I had to use a full juv each time he cast on me. I was standing right by him hammering, but it still took a lot of hammers to kill him. By the time he finally died, I was all out of juvs.

Knights are the worst. I never let one of De Seis's minions land a hit on me, not if I can help it. One hit = more than half of my health gone. I have to hammer then walk then hammer then walk, until his minions are all dead. Then I run to De Seis and kill him.

Infector's pack does too much damage for me to be able to tank, so I have to do the same routine as for De Seis' pack, but they're a little less scary.

On average, I use 2 juvs per game. I try to not be too conservative on juvs. I think that's why I'm still alive after this long. If I run out of juvs, I go to Act 1 and farm some off champions. This doesn't happen too often, though.

On average, I go to town maybe ten times throughout each CS run. I drain a lot of mana and health pots. None of that gets shown in the screenshots, lol. :P

I think each run takes me about 30 minutes. They used to take 40 minutes, but I'm getting a little better at it now, and I'm also trying to just run through River of Flame as much as I can. Urdar and Pit Lord packs are the only things I take time to hammer down in RoF; they give pretty decent xp.

I think Ornate plate is not so good after all. I have only 1150 health. It's not enough. And the monsters still hit damn hard. Bone Spirits hurt the most, I've noticed. I need magic dmg reduction badly. But so far I haven't seen a rare mage plate drop yet. None! Oddly, they seem to be very uncommon... I guess it's just RNG. When I get a decent one, I may respec again. I have only one respec left, tho...

Do you use charge to manovre away from enemies?

Do you use redemption ? should help not needing to town for pots

i would definitely ditch the high str equipment - def < Life
Oct 17 2019 11:28am
Quote (wezman @ Oct 17 2019 05:30am)
Do you use charge to manovre away from enemies?

Do you use redemption ? should help not needing to town for pots

i would definitely ditch the high str equipment - def < Life

I never use charge.

Yes, I use redemption all the time. Still not enough to counter the mana leech from storm casters.

I am trying to find a good mage plate right now. Then I'll use my last respec. :)
Gold: 0.00
Oct 19 2019 02:57am
Quote (pwb3 @ Oct 17 2019 06:28pm)
I never use charge.

Yes, I use redemption all the time. Still not enough to counter the mana leech from storm casters.

I am trying to find a good mage plate right now. Then I'll use my last respec. :)

Charge and you will cut time off your runs
Oct 21 2019 06:10pm
DK 28

Sigon's armor

DK 29

Oct 21 2019 06:13pm
I got tired of the same map so I decided to reroll it. Maybe I'll find mage plates more often. Who knows?

Very cute amulet, gambled. Even though it didn't have skills, I decided to stash it just in case maybe I'll need the +17 str temporarily?

DK 30

I noticed this map was much, much harder. Nice for more xp, but still, scary.

This post was edited by pwb3 on Oct 21 2019 06:14pm
Oct 21 2019 06:20pm
Yeah........ I should have not rerolled the map :rofl:

Oh well................................ if I ever redo this, I'll do 3 things differently:

1. Imbue mage plates instead of grim shields. Reason: fewer variables needed for a good imbue (mostly just need 80+ EE)
2. My main shield will be 2 socketed grim shield filled with pdiamonds, instead of 3 socketed tower. Less resists, but ~100 more defense
3. I will put just 10 points into holy shield instead of 15. That way, I will kill faster. Sometimes offense > defense.

Gold: 25,390.00
Oct 21 2019 10:41pm
Damn, rip. Was a nice following. :(
Gold: 450.69
Oct 22 2019 01:41am
rip dude, was enjoying this...
great to see what you can take from it and how you can do better for next time.

make that next time asap :D
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev11415161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll