d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trash Takes Self Out
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.66
Aug 20 2019 08:50pm
Quote (krackprophet @ Aug 20 2019 07:44pm)
How so? Maybe I'm confused. Is this part of the Alabama court case? I only see de funding here. PP can still provide abortions and other services.

It's the same approach that all TRAP policies engage in. They don't outright ban it, but they seek to close as many providers as they can so that there ends up being no providers in an area.
Gold: 2,420.00
Aug 20 2019 09:02pm
based more poor people babies
Gold: 0.00
Aug 20 2019 09:12pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Aug 20 2019 09:50pm)
It's the same approach that all TRAP policies engage in. They don't outright ban it, but they seek to close as many providers as they can so that there ends up being no providers in an area.

Ahh alright. I understand the ultimate goal is to ban abortion outright. This doesn't do that and separating federal funding from abortion providers seems appropriate to me.

I think general service providers will pop up due to the available funding and cover things other than abortion. PP will definitely be fine since they will likely be getting large donations due to this news.

Will likely be harder for some in the short term but I think it will stabilize fairly quickly.
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 21 2019 04:56am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Aug 20 2019 09:17pm)
If you can't pass a parental fitness test you should be forced to abort. If it reduces human population below replacement level; good.

Abolishing welfare would probably be much less socially terrifying.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 21 2019 05:08am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 20 2019 09:24pm)
Spoken like someone that will never pass on his genes.

From older people I talked to that have kids, they always tell you, you can never be 100% ready, you learn as you go, etc. Right now, if I got my wife pregnant I would be stressing because I have other things I want to take care of before starting a family, but if it happens there's 0 chance we'd get an abortion or be sad about it.

Humans are pretty toxic for the planet though you have to admit. If humans died off it would probably lead to a new age of healing and growth for all the species of the world.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Aug 21 2019 06:56am)
Abolishing welfare would probably be much less socially terrifying.

Reducing the quality of living even more for the most vulnerable people in America?

You're a real classy guy. I bet your mom's proud.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 21 2019 05:09am
Gold: 336.86
Aug 21 2019 08:47am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 20 2019 03:00pm)
i am pro choice, anti abortion

Being pro choice means that you are for women being able to choose whether or not they have a baby. I.E That is pro abortion.

Lol.
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 21 2019 08:59am
Quote (IroningTheMaiden @ Aug 21 2019 09:47am)
Being pro choice means that you are for women being able to choose whether or not they have a baby. I.E That is pro abortion.

Lol.

no it isn't. that's a simplistic approach.

i am pro freedom, which include the freedom for women to choose. but i am also for realistic barriers to reduce the number of abortions, and also for bolstering adoption and other avenues to reduce abortions. im for free birth control for all women in fact to reduce the number of abortions. i'd prefer no women ever chose to get one, and that as many who are contemplating one get dissuaded from getting one.

i'm also pro choice for beer, doesnt mean i want anyone drinking coors light.

or for another example, i support your right to choose a favorite NBA team, i dont support you choosing the raptors.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 21 2019 09:03am
Gold: 336.86
Aug 21 2019 09:51am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 21 2019 10:59am)
no it isn't. that's a simplistic approach.

i am pro freedom, which include the freedom for women to choose. but i am also for realistic barriers to reduce the number of abortions, and also for bolstering adoption and other avenues to reduce abortions. im for free birth control for all women in fact to reduce the number of abortions. i'd prefer no women ever chose to get one, and that as many who are contemplating one get dissuaded from getting one.

i'm also pro choice for beer, doesnt mean i want anyone drinking coors light.

or for another example, i support your right to choose a favorite NBA team, i dont support you choosing the raptors.

you aren't a woman,

if you were a woman then you would undersatnd that freedom of choice means that they can choose whether or not they want to have a baby

/thread

that is what pro choice is

Giving the woman the choice for her own body

fuck ur dumb

by your logic

You would persecute me and justify your persecution because you dont like that i like the Raptors. If I liked a different team you wouldnt care... even though NEITHER CHOICE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU

So if you are pro chocie that means you would support abortions. You just wouldnt support a womans decision to have an abortion That is still supporting abortion.... So good for you. It seems hard for some people to not be bothered by somethign taht literally has nothign to do with them. How many women have you been with that aborted your baby? asking for a friend.

This post was edited by IroningTheMaiden on Aug 21 2019 09:57am
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 21 2019 10:13am
Quote (IroningTheMaiden @ Aug 21 2019 10:51am)
you aren't a woman,

if you were a woman then you would undersatnd that freedom of choice means that they can choose whether or not they want to have a baby

/thread

that is what pro choice is

Giving the woman the choice for her own body

fuck ur dumb

by your logic

You would persecute me and justify your persecution because you dont like that i like the Raptors. If I liked a different team you wouldnt care... even though NEITHER CHOICE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU

So if you are pro chocie that means you would support abortions. You just wouldnt support a womans decision to have an abortion That is still supporting abortion.... So good for you. It seems hard for some people to not be bothered by somethign taht literally has nothign to do with them. How many women have you been with that aborted your baby? asking for a friend.

if someone you dont know shot someone you dont know in the head for no reason you wouldn't form an opinion on their action? afterall it has nothing to do with you.

i support a woman's right to choose, that doesn't mean i have to support each instance of that right being used. i also support the use of guns in self defense, in a general context around the 2nd amendment, that doesn't mean i support someone shooting a trespasser on their property that is unarmed, even though they have the right.

similarly there is a 100% justified need for abortions (rape, incest, health of mother, etc), then there are cases where i dont agree but understand (mother too young and/or very poor, etc), then there are cases i just simply disagree with (woman gets 5 over 7 years, woman make crude comments about the baby she aborted, etc).

i support the right, because it's needed, but want uses of that right to be restricted, not by the govt inherently, i'd like people to use their right to choose and choose less. and i'm willing to support help in them choosing this which help less pregnancies happen and less people chose abortion over adoption. if i had it my way more women would get paid to be unplanned surrogate type moms so they have babies that go to good families and it eliminated their economic burden.

tbh you seem caught on what you consider an oxymoron, because you've thought about this very little im sure. but please feel free to respond.

as to the number of aborted children i have, zero.
Gold: 6.66
Aug 21 2019 10:55am
Quote (krackprophet @ Aug 20 2019 08:12pm)
Ahh alright. I understand the ultimate goal is to ban abortion outright. This doesn't do that and separating federal funding from abortion providers seems appropriate to me.

I think general service providers will pop up due to the available funding and cover things other than abortion. PP will definitely be fine since they will likely be getting large donations due to this news.

Will likely be harder for some in the short term but I think it will stabilize fairly quickly.

People shouldn't have to rely on private donations to access services that they have a legal right to.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll