d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev189101112983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 22 2019 09:19am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 22 2019 11:08am)
i've always been a cat person just because of how Hitler loved dogs, you can't be too careful.

Chairman Meow
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 22 2019 09:38am
Quote (Santara @ 22 Aug 2019 17:06)
You know who likes water and vegetables? Hitler. Hitler likes water and vegetables.

it's interesting that only my reply triggered you, but ghot's meme did not.

let me explain it to you real quickly: water and vegetables did not DO or SAY anything for hitler to like them, trump did and said a LOT of things that previously mentioned individuals and groups liked. get it?

This post was edited by fender on Aug 22 2019 09:41am
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 22 2019 10:49am
Quote (fender @ Aug 22 2019 10:38am)
it's interesting that only my reply triggered you, but ghot's meme did not.

let me explain it to you real quickly: water and vegetables did not DO or SAY anything for hitler to like them, trump did and said a LOT of things that previously mentioned individuals and groups liked. get it?

Let me explain it to you real quickly. Donald Trump is not responsible for the opinions of people who support him, which may be for any number of other reasons beside the tripe that you listed. That was the entire gist of my post.
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 22 2019 11:38am
Since when has it become a fashion to call politicians responsible for actions of lunatics who pick up their ideas and then take them much further to the extreme?

A president saying "I dont want third world immigration" is as much to blame for an extremeist asshole who's saying "I want to kill third world immigrants" and acting upon it as a leftist politician saying "I want to nationalize our healthcare system" is responsible for a nutjob saying "we must assassinate big pharma bosses and send our class enemies to the gulag".

The former case is the difference between a very conservative view and a far-right extremist, the latter is the difference between a very liberal policy and far-left extremism.
How come that certain parts of the public (including most mainstream media) are so willing to falsely link viable conservative policy ideas with insane right-wing extremist opinion, while attempting to do the same with viable lefty ideas and left-wing extremism would not be taken seriously. Not only that, attempting to establish such a connection on the left side of the spectrum would instantly summon a shitstorm.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 22 2019 11:44am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 22 2019 12:50pm
yeah sure, trump routinely making racist and anti-semitic comments, cozying up to dictators, encouraging their meddling in US elections, has absolutely NOTHING to do with those people supporting him... olympic levels of denial...

Aug 22 2019 01:20pm
Quote (fender @ 22 Aug 2019 20:50)
yeah sure, trump routinely making racist and anti-semitic comments, cozying up to dictators, encouraging their meddling in US elections, has absolutely NOTHING to do with those people supporting him... olympic levels of denial...

https://i.imgur.com/DSM0XIA.png

That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the validity of linking viable policy positions (which could be implemented with constitutional means) to the actions of violent extremists.

Gold: 57.00
Aug 22 2019 01:20pm
Quote (fender @ 22 Aug 2019 11:00)
you know who DOES like donald trump?

vladimir putin, racists, corporations that don't want to pay taxes, white nationalists, kim jong un, david duke, millionaires that want tax breaks, rodrigo duterte, richard spencer, mass shooters...

these are all qualities that you/your ancestors have
Aug 22 2019 01:32pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 22 2019 01:38pm)
Since when has it become a fashion to call politicians responsible for actions of lunatics who pick up their ideas and then take them much further to the extreme?

A president saying "I dont want third world immigration" is as much to blame for an extremeist asshole who's saying "I want to kill third world immigrants" and acting upon it as a leftist politician saying "I want to nationalize our healthcare system" is responsible for a nutjob saying "we must assassinate big pharma bosses and send our class enemies to the gulag".

The former case is the difference between a very conservative view and a far-right extremist, the latter is the difference between a very liberal policy and far-left extremism.
How come that certain parts of the public (including most mainstream media) are so willing to falsely link viable conservative policy ideas with insane right-wing extremist opinion, while attempting to do the same with viable lefty ideas and left-wing extremism would not be taken seriously. Not only that, attempting to establish such a connection on the left side of the spectrum would instantly summon a shitstorm.

Political discourse matters. When discourse puts categories of people as less human than other categories of people it is especially problematic. Deutschlanders should be sensitive to this.

It sucks that we even have to humor this language But we have a group of lawmakers that seek to harm certain people based on sexual and racial identity.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 22 2019 01:33pm
Aug 22 2019 01:44pm
Quote (Skinned @ 22 Aug 2019 21:32)
Political discourse matters. When discourse puts categories of people as less human than other categories of people it is especially problematic. Deutschlanders should be sensitive to this.

It sucks that we even have to humor this language But we have a group of lawmakers that seek to harm certain people based on sexual and racial identity.

Citizens and non-citizens having different sets of rights and duties is perfectly normal and fine.

And when it comes to "discourse puts categories of people as less human than other categories" and "groups of lawmakers seek to harm certain people based on sexual and racial identity" - those things cut both ways. Liberal lawmakers defending affirmative action or advocating for gender quotas also "seek to harm certain people based on sexual and racial identity". And let's not even start with all the "fuck white people", "white people can only live in caves, they go up in flames in the sun" and similar shit.

Trump has moments where he's spouting racist or racially insensitive stuff, but those moments are a lot rarer than liberals and the mainstream media wanna make you believe.

For an example of such a moment, think about his "go back to where they came from"-comment about the Squad. Just for the record: I was one of the first here on PaRD to call him out for these comments.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 22 2019 01:47pm
Aug 22 2019 01:45pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 22 2019 03:44pm)
Citizens and non-citizens having different sets of rights and duties is perfectly normal and fine.

And when it comes to "discourse puts categories of people as less human than other categories" and "groups of lawmakers seek to harm certain people based on sexual and racial identity" - those things cut both ways. Liberal lawmakers defending affirmative action or advocating for gender quotas also "seek to harm certain people based on sexual and racial identity". And let's not even start with all the "fuck white people", "white people can only live in caves, they go up in flames in the sun" and similar shit.

Trump has moments where he's spouting racist or racially insensitive stuff, but those moments are a lot rarer than liberals and the mainstream media portray it.
For example, I was one of the first to call him out here on PaRD for his "go back to where they came from"-comment about the Squad.

White people are not oppressed in America though.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev189101112983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll