d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1789790791792793983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57.00
Dec 5 2020 12:37am
Quote (thundercock @ 5 Dec 2020 00:31)
I agree that we need to stop acting like fags. At the same time we don't need to act like cunts either. The governor of South Dakota is acting like a cunt and is terrible at her job.

As for CA, we are very diverse and our governor has learned to do things at the county level. LA county is very different than the middle of nowhere and requires a different response. A lot of places don't have enough ambulances now to take people to the hospital. That's how bad things are in certain parts of the county.

your governor dines at the french laundry while laughing at his constituency. you and i have dined at nice restaurants like that but come on; we arent public ‘servants’ ignoring the rulesets we put onto the taxpayers.

Quote (bogie160 @ 4 Dec 2020 21:53)
Hillary Clinton ruined several lives in an effort to protect her (via her husband) career, she is an overtly terrible person, and yet she had your ardent support. Personally, this doesn't matter to me, because politicians in general tend to be terrible people. Many of us have at least the capacity to be terrible people. But let's dispense with the notion that you are talking about moral character when you're not. You want someone who says the "right things" and puts on a presentable face. Those aren't bad qualities, to be sure, but they don't carry nearly the moral weight.

With respect to the bold, this is why no one takes your Biden "unity" cheerleading seriously.

indeed

privileged lefty scum who are net negatives to our society despite all their lefty privilege have no business casting judgement onto others. that is near-satanic behavior.

of course people like icepeon are ruled solely by emotion rather than logic or reason or science or math.

the only thing they want to unify behind is a re-escalating of the pattern of establishment aggression abroad. all these peace deals, non-intervention and non-new conflict strategies, and removal of our good troops from places we dont need to be in has really ticked off our oligarchy

This post was edited by excellence on Dec 5 2020 12:38am
Gold: 12,730.67
Dec 5 2020 01:26am
Quote (excellence @ Dec 4 2020 10:37pm)
your governor dines at the french laundry while laughing at his constituency. you and i have dined at nice restaurants like that but come on; we arent public ‘servants’ ignoring the rulesets we put onto the taxpayers.

Yea, I hate it when they do that. We're all sacrificing and they should sacrifice as well.
Gold: 260.11
Dec 5 2020 01:54am
Quote (thundercock @ Dec 5 2020 01:26am)
Yea, I hate it when they do that. We're all sacrificing and they should sacrifice as well.

In May my wife and I celebrated our anniversary during the brief respite of Covid closures. Went and got the best damn steak I've ever eaten, and it wasn't even close. 45 day dry aged Ribeye, 1000F grill. God damn I can't even cook my own meat anymore because I just get sad at what it could have been.

I drive by there every week when I go grocery shopping and it mocks me that I can't go in. I NEED ANOTHER ONE DAMN IT. THEY BETTER NOT CLOSE FOREVER FROM COVID. SCREW THESE DINE-IN RESTRICTIONS. I NEED STEAK!

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Dec 5 2020 01:54am
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 5 2020 08:01am
Quote (bogie160 @ Dec 4 2020 09:53pm)
Hillary Clinton ruined several lives in an effort to protect her (via her husband) career, she is an overtly terrible person, and yet she had your ardent support. Personally, this doesn't matter to me, because politicians in general tend to be terrible people. Many of us have at least the capacity to be terrible people. But let's dispense with the notion that you are talking about moral character when you're not. You want someone who says the "right things" and puts on a presentable face. Those aren't bad qualities, to be sure, but they don't carry nearly the moral weight.

With respect to the bold, this is why no one takes your Biden "unity" cheerleading seriously.

I don't know what you're referring to. How did Hillary ruin several lives?

It's also absurd to pretend that because someone might have displayed moral failings in the past, it means every politician is equally bad. I'm not saying that every person has to be Mitt Romney or Barack Obama... but rather that there's a basic level of character that is required.

I don't know what my opinions on some members of the Trump cult has to do with Biden's calls for unity. There's a distinction between what a private individual says on an internet forum and how someone in the public eye behaves. Speaking candidly about those people doesn't contradict my desire that the country becomes more unified, and that public officials help that process.

This post was edited by IceMage on Dec 5 2020 08:03am
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 5 2020 08:17am
Quote (thundercock @ Dec 5 2020 12:31am)
I agree that we need to stop acting like fags. At the same time we don't need to act like cunts either. The governor of South Dakota is acting like a cunt and is terrible at her job.

As for CA, we are very diverse and our governor has learned to do things at the county level. LA county is very different than the middle of nowhere and requires a different response. A lot of places don't have enough ambulances now to take people to the hospital. That's how bad things are in certain parts of the county.

The numbers dont support your bullshit.

Biden promised unity. All you fuckers do is lie though.

Flat lockdowns dont slow spread and all rural areas do bad because hospital infrastructure is placed in cities.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Dec 5 2020 08:37am
Gold: 633.87
Dec 5 2020 11:41am
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 5 2020 09:01am)
I don't know what you're referring to. How did Hillary ruin several lives?

It's also absurd to pretend that because someone might have displayed moral failings in the past, it means every politician is equally bad. I'm not saying that every person has to be Mitt Romney or Barack Obama... but rather that there's a basic level of character that is required.

I don't know what my opinions on some members of the Trump cult has to do with Biden's calls for unity. There's a distinction between what a private individual says on an internet forum and how someone in the public eye behaves. Speaking candidly about those people doesn't contradict my desire that the country becomes more unified, and that public officials help that process.

I'm saying is that you (the collective "you") aren't fooling anyone. Calls for unity need to be driven by underlying intent, and the intent can hardly be said to be there when you secretly despise your opponents and consider them living refuse. We aren't talking about a few KKK members or some radicalized militiamen, or radical college professors / antifa activists who need to be dumped in the FEMA re-education camps, we're talking about at least ~47% of 300+ million Americans.
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 5 2020 12:38pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Dec 5 2020 12:41pm)
I'm saying is that you (the collective "you") aren't fooling anyone. Calls for unity need to be driven by underlying intent, and the intent can hardly be said to be there when you secretly despise your opponents and consider them living refuse. We aren't talking about a few KKK members or some radicalized militiamen, or radical college professors / antifa activists who need to be dumped in the FEMA re-education camps, we're talking about at least ~47% of 300+ million Americans.

Nice dodge on the Hillary question.

That makes no sense at all. Just because I have negative feelings about Trump supporters, particular the angry and nasty ones, doesn't mean I can't support the country becoming more unified. I'd like for these people to abandon their hatred and anti-Americanism, and become responsible citizens. And supporting unifying, responsible politicians might help make that happen.
Gold: 4,400.67
Dec 5 2020 12:57pm
Calling for "unity (on our terms)" is just a more fancy and polite way of saying "surrender to our positions".

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 5 2020 12:57pm
Gold: 9,256.00
Dec 5 2020 01:04pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 5 2020 01:38pm)
Nice dodge on the Hillary question.

That makes no sense at all. Just because I have negative feelings about Trump supporters, particular the angry and nasty ones, doesn't mean I can't support the country becoming more unified. I'd like for these people to abandon their hatred and anti-Americanism, and become responsible citizens. And supporting unifying, responsible politicians might help make that happen.

That's actually quite easy.

What she did in Libya impacted tens of millions of lives in a negative way, that's a fact. This ranges from actual deaths to civil wars to immigration issues and many other things in between.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Dec 5 2020 01:06pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 5 2020 01:05pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 5 2020 01:57pm)
Calling for "unity (on our terms)" is just a more fancy and polite way of saying "surrender to our positions".

Until Biden apologizes for his "fine people" conspiracy theory, I won't forgive him.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Dec 5 2020 01:06pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789790791792793983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll