d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1788789790791792983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 4 2020 07:04pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 4 2020 07:56pm)
Who would be your preferred GOP candidate for 2024?
Maybe someone like Nikki Haley or Kasich?

Someone serious like Ben Sasse or Larry Hogan.

They don't have a real chance though. My guess is it'll be Trump again or someone nutty like Tucker Carlson or Don Jr. Maybe Josh Hawley. I'm sure Nikki Haley would be a fine president but I can't vote for anyone who enabled Trump.
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Dec 4 2020 07:06pm
Quote (IceMage @ 4 Dec 2020 20:04)
Someone serious like Ben Sasse or Hulk Hogan.

They don't have a real chance though. My guess is it'll be Trump again or someone nutty like Tucker Carlson or Don Jr. Maybe Josh Hawley. I'm sure Nikki Haley would be a fine president but I can't vote for anyone who enabled Trump.

Fixed

This post was edited by Greater on Dec 4 2020 07:06pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 4 2020 07:17pm
rip ghot, goonshil, and others pieces of trumpers
Gold: 633.87
Dec 4 2020 08:53pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 4 2020 11:11am)
My starting point is I want political parties in America that are serious minded. I don't want nutjobs running the show in either party. It's a lot like my starting point with politicians... before we even get to policy, they have to pass a basic standard of seriousness, competence, and character. I can't support a 9/11 truther, a Qanon conspiracy theorist, or an overtly terrible person because they fail the first test.

A lot of Trump voters are nasty and stupid people. Many are deplorable, and every single one deserves some blame for the disastrous last 4 years. Honestly I view the angry Trump supporter almost like a toddler... they are irrationally angry over the reality of life in America today, and lash out by electing a guy to burn everything down. I look at these people as some of the most anti-American voters out there... and their support of Trump trying to steal the election certainly helps my case. They don't love the country, they love the fictional America in their head, free of people who disagree with them or live their lives differently.

That said, if the GOP wants to adopt more populist economic policies to appeal to these people, go for it. But if the question is whether angry, dumb, anti-American individuals should be politically homeless? I would hope so.

Hillary Clinton ruined several lives in an effort to protect her (via her husband) career, she is an overtly terrible person, and yet she had your ardent support. Personally, this doesn't matter to me, because politicians in general tend to be terrible people. Many of us have at least the capacity to be terrible people. But let's dispense with the notion that you are talking about moral character when you're not. You want someone who says the "right things" and puts on a presentable face. Those aren't bad qualities, to be sure, but they don't carry nearly the moral weight.

With respect to the bold, this is why no one takes your Biden "unity" cheerleading seriously.
Gold: 633.87
Dec 4 2020 08:59pm
Quote (thundercock @ Dec 4 2020 05:15pm)

Eh, I disagree. Most of these people ARE nasty and stupid. The same applies to a lot of Democratic voters but that coalition isn't large enough to win elections.

They will certainly be in a position to take over the Democratic party in the next 10 years. And the Trump coalition is not large enough to win elections with a degree of confidence. He alienated enough of his swing demographic to lose after all.
Gold: 12,730.67
Dec 4 2020 09:08pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 4 2020 04:27pm)
Kristi Noem will save us in 2024

She's too incompetent. The fact that her death rate is so high in the middle of fucking nowhere is downright pathetic. San Diego COUNTY has less deaths than her entire state and that's WAY denser and more populated than South Dakota. Do you want someone like that as Commander in Chief? We'd probably lose a war to Andorra with her in charge.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 4 2020 10:39am)

The GOP won the House in 2010, on the heels of the usual anti-incumbent midterm backlash. In 2012, they only held the chamber because of the gerrymanders they put in place after 2010.

Furthermore, I'm not exclusively talking about winning elections, I'm also talking about prevailing on policy. Aside from Wall Street tax cuts and a bloated Pentagon budget, can you name me a single policy issue on which conservatives scored a major win between 1992 and 2016? Can you name me a single policy issue on which Republicans were able to pull public opinion in their direction/make the public adopt the conservative perspective? Can you name me a single field on which the GOP/the conservative movement increased its power in non-public institutions (like e.g. academia or the media) or was otherwise able to chip away at the cultural hegemony of liberalism?

The reality of life in America is the result of the political decisions made in previous decades. For decades, Democrats and Republicans alike were doubling down on deregulatory policies, warmongering, outsourcing and deindustrialization, mass immigration, culture wars and corporatism. None of these things were inevitable, at least not the massive extent to which they took place. On a really high abstraction level, that's the common core of all modern populist movements: the belief that the status quo is not inevitable or without alternative; that the right kind of government could induce a true change of direction.

I can't speak for public opinion but the GOP delivered on abortion, gun rights, and religious liberties.

I'm sorry, but populism is for fucking morons and is the downfall of most countries. We need to give them ENOUGH of what they want so they shut the fuck up and that's pretty much it. Outsourcing and deindustrialization was ABSOLUTELY inevitable. That's technological progress. Did you really think 3 billion Chinese and Indians were going to live in the stone age forever? Conservative culture wars are ALWAYS lost. The point of conservative movements is to retard social progress as much as possible. Black people STILL aren't treated the same as whites in this country so they're STILL winning that battle. Our immigration policies are pretty sensible I think. Americans aren't equipped enough in the sciences, medicine, etc. so we NEED immigrants. I agree that America's corporatism ISN'T inevitable.
Gold: 285.00
Dec 4 2020 09:16pm
Quote (thundercock @ Dec 4 2020 10:08pm)
She's too incompetent. The fact that her death rate is so high in the middle of fucking nowhere is downright pathetic. San Diego COUNTY has less deaths than her entire state and that's WAY denser and more populated than South Dakota. Do you want someone like that as Commander in Chief? We'd probably lose a war to Andorra with her in charge.

I can't speak for public opinion but the GOP delivered on abortion, gun rights, and religious liberties.

I'm sorry, but populism is for fucking morons and is the downfall of most countries. We need to give them ENOUGH of what they want so they shut the fuck up and that's pretty much it. Outsourcing and deindustrialization was ABSOLUTELY inevitable. That's technological progress. Did you really think 3 billion Chinese and Indians were going to live in the stone age forever? Conservative culture wars are ALWAYS lost. The point of conservative movements is to retard social progress as much as possible. Black people STILL aren't treated the same as whites in this country so they're STILL winning that battle. Our immigration policies are pretty sensible I think. Americans aren't equipped enough in the sciences, medicine, etc. so we NEED immigrants. I agree that America's corporatism ISN'T inevitable.

A+
Gold: 285.00
Dec 4 2020 09:17pm
Quote (Greater @ Dec 4 2020 08:06pm)
Fixed

Macho Man >

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Dec 4 2020 08:17pm)
rip ghot, goonshil, and others pieces of trumpers

Haven't seen the dudes lyin' for Trump for the past four years very much.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 4 2020 10:17pm)

Lmao

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 4 2020 09:21pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 4 2020 09:17pm
Quote (thundercock @ Dec 4 2020 10:08pm)

Lockdowns increase deaths rates by nearly the same rate as COVID. California is going to be hurt more in the long run.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Dec 4 2020 09:19pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Dec 4 2020 11:31pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 4 2020 07:17pm)
https://i.postimg.cc/k5jBhpgT/bols.png

Lockdowns increase deaths rates by nearly the same rate as COVID. California is going to be hurt more in the long run.

I agree that we need to stop acting like fags. At the same time we don't need to act like cunts either. The governor of South Dakota is acting like a cunt and is terrible at her job.

As for CA, we are very diverse and our governor has learned to do things at the county level. LA county is very different than the middle of nowhere and requires a different response. A lot of places don't have enough ambulances now to take people to the hospital. That's how bad things are in certain parts of the county.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1788789790791792983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll