d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1441442443444445983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 9 2020 06:11pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 9 2020 07:47pm)
the one thing that i prioritize above all in terms of policies is hostility towards china and chinese interests
between biden and trump who do you think is more likely to oppose the progress china is making globally?

Biden is a puppet for the interests that be. Trump was arguably one of the only people in recent history who would even consider it. We probably wouldn't even be talking about it if Trump didn't bring it up in the 2016 primary debates as a wedge issue.

Quote (IceMage @ Jun 9 2020 01:18pm)
One side of the mouth: police killing blacks isn't a problem, see how many white people they killed, guy deserved it b/c of crimes a decade ago.

Other side of the mouth: Trump is way better at controlling this problem.

These sort of arguments only work on people who already don't like Biden.

If Obama was still pres, he would be crying on TV 24/7 in front of a picture of George Floyd with glasses and a tuxedo.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Jun 9 2020 06:14pm
Gold: 633.87
Jun 9 2020 06:12pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 9 2020 06:04pm)

Comedy gold. You really can't make these things up.
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 9 2020 06:14pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 10 Jun 2020 02:02)

How does Trudeau manage to look like a caricature of himself in every single picture?

Quote (duffman316 @ 10 Jun 2020 01:47)
the one thing that i prioritize above all in terms of policies is hostility towards china and chinese interests
between biden and trump who do you think is more likely to oppose the progress china is making globally?

If you prioritize (ideological) hostility towards China and Chinese interests, Trump is your man.
However, if the question is which candidate is better at stopping the expansion of Chinese influence around the world, then the question actually becomes tricky.

From a liberal perspective, a case could be made that Trump is actually better for Chinese geopolitical interests because he weakens American soft power, alienates its allies, weakens the country from within and is so incompetent in his direct measures against China (tariffs etc.) that he doesnt accomplish much with them despite trying.

I personally do not agree with this assessment, but conditional on having a liberal worldview, this case is kinda logical and consistent.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 9 2020 06:18pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 9 2020 06:15pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 9 2020 08:14pm)
How does Trudeau manage to look like a caricature of himself in every single picture?

Lots of soy milk.
Gold: 500.00
Jun 9 2020 06:23pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 9 2020 08:14pm)

If you prioritize (ideological) hostility towards China and Chinese interests, Trump is your man.
However, if the question is which candidate is better at stopping the expansion of Chinese influence around the world, then the question actually becomes tricky.

From a liberal perspective, a case could be made that Trump is actually better for Chinese geopolitical interests because he weakens American soft power, alienates its allies, weakens the country from within and is so incompetent in his direct measures against China (tariffs etc.) that he doesnt accomplish much pushing back against China despite trying.

I personally do not agree with this assessment, but conditional on having a liberal worldview, this case is kinda logical and consistent.

I do wish there was a candidate that was more competent at pushing back against the expansion of chinese influence. Alienating western allies was and is a dumb thing to do especially when you need them to prevent chinese global dominance over the next 50 years or so. They already own africa.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 9 2020 06:36pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 9 Jun 2020 20:14)

From a liberal perspective, a case could be made that Trump is actually better for Chinese geopolitical interests because he weakens American soft power, alienates its allies, weakens the country from within and is so incompetent in his direct measures against China (tariffs etc.) that he doesnt accomplish much with them despite trying.

Biden was part of the ruling class that used elected power to sell our nation out for decades

Trump was talking tough on trade in the late 1980s. And it was sound logic: why did we continue to abide by post-WWII trade deals (deals rightfully so aimed at facilitating the rebuilding and recovery of a devastated Europe and Japan) a decade + after their full recovery

Trump continues talks tough for 2 years after his election and everyone against him (led by the fucking sellout near-traitor NBA) is falling over themselves to apologize to a Chinese govt regime currently torturing racial and religious minorities in concentration camps. But the President talking tough against them is causing the problems lmao

Quote (duffman316 @ 9 Jun 2020 20:23)
I do wish there was a candidate that was more competent at pushing back against the expansion of chinese influence. Alienating western allies was and is a dumb thing to do especially when you need them to prevent chinese global dominance over the next 50 years or so. They already own africa.

yep and no one bats an eye. still busy trying to punish everyone else for colonization from a century or two ago while one country is actively colonizing Africa as we type

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 9 2020 06:38pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 9 2020 09:15pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 9 2020 06:22pm)
This is epic level dodge. You are saying this is a problem correct?

Yes?

Ok so if the number is 1/4 of what it was since 2015 is Trump not doing a good job reducing it?

Yes or no please.

What has Trump done that has influenced the number of black people killed by police?
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 9 2020 09:23pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 9 2020 01:37pm)
Which of his policies have hurt blacks?

Trump has appointed attorneys general that aren't criminal justice reformers. One particular issue that has come up is the administration's opposition to the use of consent decrees, a tool to oversee police departments.

I'm sure there's other examples I could find. It's not like this is a controversial take.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 9 2020 11:08pm
Quote (IceMage @ 9 Jun 2020 23:15)
What has Trump done that has influenced the number of black people killed by police?

made people too busy with employment
Quote (IceMage @ 9 Jun 2020 23:23)
Trump has appointed attorneys general that aren't criminal justice reformers. One particular issue that has come up is the administration's opposition to the use of consent decrees, a tool to oversee police departments.

I'm sure there's other examples I could find. It's not like this is a controversial take.

oh yeah cuz janet reno and eric holder and whoever the fuck bush had as his AGs are real reformers. bush and obama massively expanded the surveillance state, you think police oversight was on their AG's directives? lmao
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 10 2020 12:56am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 10 Jun 2020 02:14)

He's so EMO, part of his job and he's good at it. So i would tune down my judgment because they (the puffy canadian social democratic party) exposed some kind of a great stance against China in recent years. Better than FR or GER imo.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1441442443444445983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll