d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Ladder Is Over
Prev11516171819Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,013.34
Jun 21 2019 04:57pm
Quote (draftw3dr @ 21 Jun 2019 19:53)
You're the second person to make this argument in this thread but just like the first person, you don't have any proof of what you're saying. Why is botting worse than trading? What is your standard of measurement? Do you have any data with a sample size of more than 1?

You say that people will play for 30 days if there were no bots but only 3 days if there are - where's the proof of that? Because I can tell you for certain that I'm playing a lot more thanks to botted items and botters are certainly playing a lot more due to bots (regardless of whether you consider it playing - they definitely do). So it seems to me that your argument is based on your own arbitrary judgment ... unless you can actually provide some real evidence?

Why is botting worse than trading,first of all human interatcion and expirience with other human being not with bot,second its in our nature,we traded for thousands of years and we are trading now as a species,so my measurement is evolution,history,biology,physiology list can go on.Data for all of this is well known.

On second thing about bots and lenght of play,d3 is very good example for that,how bots destroyed game,just move that to d2 its same situation with not much legit players proof for that statment is price drops so fast after day 3 when ppl had inuf eq to get bot started running,otherwise item price would stay higer for much longer period of time,its common sense and some logic,observation,all things are well known,dunno what kind of proof you want more?
Gold: 3,500.00
Jun 21 2019 05:10pm
Quote (Fankytore @ Jun 22 2019 12:57am)
Why is botting worse than trading,first of all human interatcion and expirience with other human being not with bot,second its in our nature,we traded for thousands of years and we are trading now as a species,so my measurement is evolution,history,biology,physiology list can go on.Data for all of this is well known.

On second thing about bots and lenght of play,d3 is very good example for that,how bots destroyed game,just move that to d2 its same situation with not much legit players proof for that statment is price drops so fast after day 3 when ppl had inuf eq to get bot started running,otherwise item price would stay higer for much longer period of time,its common sense and some logic,observation,all things are well known,dunno what kind of proof you want more?

I have to agree with you. I don't get all the naysayers in here, they're in denial about it cuz lots of them are botters too haha. Prices are shit and what's the difference between now and a week ago, almost nothing. Ok after a month it's really about the same, so people say they play ladder but it's practically like it's non ladder. And who the fuk wants to wait another 6 months for the next reset? Hahaha fuking joke. At this rate of price drops there ought to be one every month lol
Gold: 620.79
Jun 21 2019 05:11pm
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS
Jun 21 2019 06:30pm
Quote (draftw3dr @ 21 Jun 2019 19:53)

You say that people will play for 30 days if there were no bots but only 3 days if there are - where's the proof of that? Because I can tell you for certain that I'm playing a lot more thanks to botted items and botters are certainly playing a lot more due to bots (regardless of whether you consider it playing - they definitely do). So it seems to me that your argument is based on your own arbitrary judgment ... unless you can actually provide some real evidence?

Quote (Hecht55 @ 22 Jun 2019 01:13)
Yes, but a lot appear to have gotten scared since the big ban a couple years ago. So they say they don't.

Before the last ban this site was mostly openly botters.

here more proofs

Gold: 36.32
Jun 21 2019 06:54pm
Bots are great and I also wish to see them all get the ban hammer because its fun as fullllkkk to play that game. Removing bots wont get rid of the idiots who are completely idiotic and cry like babies over their shit items not being worth 1fg. There is no demand, anyone who plays this game still (I included) are self sufficient that is why prices suck. Lack of demand and self sufficiency. Its not the bots, ur barking up the wrong tree, go after the dupers or cry babies. I would like to see the cry babies thrown in prison and fap over diablo imortal screen shots printed on paper.
Gold: 22,612.50
Jun 21 2019 07:02pm
Quote (Fankytore @ Jun 22 2019 09:57am)

1. There is practically zero logic to anything you are saying. "Common sense" is not the same as proof and it is quite often wrong.

2. Botting increases the level of human interaction. Nobody really interacts with bots other than the botters - but each time a bot finds a new sellable item, it creates a new human interaction since the botter will be selling the item to another human via a trade. Hence more bots = more items found = more trade = more interactions. (That is what logic looks like, listing a bunch of school subjects doesn't really prove anything).

3. Diablo 3 is not such a good example for you. Sure, there are bots in the game, but the highest rate of player dissatisfaction and decline was in the opening weeks - and the most common complaints were about the real money auction house - so ironically the trade system was the biggest reason for the game's failure.

4. You still haven't explained why item price drops are a bad thing. You say it like its self evident, but if you look at price drops in almost any other situation in your life, it's generally a good thing. If your groceries were 80% cheaper tomorrow, you would be pretty happy about it. So why is D2 any different? Having cheaper items indicates that the community as a whole is richer and makes everything more affordable. You brought up this idea of history in your first argument so here is my counter. We have a clear history of human existence for thousands of years and it has been pretty miserable. However, since the invention of robots and automation, our quality of life has improved very dramatically and they have been one of the biggest sources of wealth generation - which is exactly the same function that they serve in D2. Your complaint is pretty much the same as all the unemployed people on welfare in the community - it is centred around greed and wealth distribution, while ignoring the fact that you're also benefiting a lot from being richer and having a lot of buying power.
Gold: 783.00
Jun 21 2019 07:26pm
Quote (Fankytore @ 21 Jun 2019 23:57)

why u keep posting?
every time u post u make people dumber...

for fuck sake :wallbash:
Jun 21 2019 08:05pm
Quote (draftw3dr @ 22 Jun 2019 03:02)
1. There is practically zero logic to anything you are saying. "Common sense" is not the same as proof and it is quite often wrong.

2. Botting increases the level of human interaction. Nobody really interacts with bots other than the botters - but each time a bot finds a new sellable item, it creates a new human interaction since the botter will be selling the item to another human via a trade. Hence more bots = more items found = more trade = more interactions. (That is what logic looks like, listing a bunch of school subjects doesn't really prove anything).

3. Diablo 3 is not such a good example for you. Sure, there are bots in the game, but the highest rate of player dissatisfaction and decline was in the opening weeks - and the most common complaints were about the real money auction house - so ironically the trade system was the biggest reason for the game's failure.

4. You still haven't explained why item price drops are a bad thing. You say it like its self evident, but if you look at price drops in almost any other situation in your life, it's generally a good thing. If your groceries were 80% cheaper tomorrow, you would be pretty happy about it. So why is D2 any different? Having cheaper items indicates that the community as a whole is richer and makes everything more affordable. You brought up this idea of history in your first argument so here is my counter. We have a clear history of human existence for thousands of years and it has been pretty miserable. However, since the invention of robots and automation, our quality of life has improved very dramatically and they have been one of the biggest sources of wealth generation - which is exactly the same function that they serve in D2. Your complaint is pretty much the same as all the unemployed people on welfare in the community - it is centred around greed and wealth distribution, while ignoring the fact that you're also benefiting a lot from being richer and having a lot of buying power.

This can go far away,i`ll stop here bud,was nice reading your comments even tho i don`t agree with most of the things you wrote.
Jun 21 2019 08:08pm
Quote (VingummiBamsen90 @ 22 Jun 2019 03:26)
why u keep posting?
every time u post u make people dumber...

for fuck sake :wallbash:

so you were alredy dumb.

This post was edited by Fankytore on Jun 21 2019 08:19pm
Gold: 352.00
Jun 21 2019 10:21pm
Quote (draftw3dr @ Jun 21 2019 09:02pm)
You say it like its self evident, but if you look at price drops in almost any other situation in your life, it's generally a good thing. If your groceries were 80% cheaper tomorrow, you would be pretty happy about it. So why is D2 any different? Having cheaper items indicates that the community as a whole is richer and makes everything more affordable.

Felt compelled to answer to this quote particularly. I do agree that that if prices of groceries go down, as a consumer i'm happy. That means I have more money to spend in other areas of my life. Unfortunately, D2 doesn't run like a grocery store... I'de say its a tad bit more complex than your standard supply and demand.

Not the greatest example, but i'm enjoying the banter haha :P

This post was edited by Noobjer5 on Jun 21 2019 10:22pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev11516171819Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll