d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Bold Move Cotton
Prev123459Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Gold: 2,617.52
May 31 2019 04:44am
Quote (Skinned @ May 30 2019 08:02pm)

Fake and gay
Gold: 285.00
May 31 2019 05:22am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 30 2019 09:31pm)
"Net migration from Mexico to the US" is not the same as "net migration of Mexicans to the US".
Even today, with the woes of the great recession left behind, there arent a ton of Mexicans coming anymore.
Nonetheless, there are still a shitton of people from Central and South America coming across the Mexico-US border, currently close to 100k persons per month.

A lot of them are going back because Americans treat other people like shit a lot and the opportunities aren't popping like they were.

Quote (EndlessSky @ May 31 2019 05:44am)
Fake and gay

You're fake. I would call you gay but gays have joy and sex in their lives and I doubt you have either :(

This post was edited by Skinned on May 31 2019 05:25am
Gold: 0.00
May 31 2019 06:51am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 31 May 2019 01:43)
Threat to
Nah all this shit is much more funny with guns

Guns are a necessary evil.
Vulnerable people need a force equaliser in order to defend themselves against Trumpers, fascists, Nazis and criminals.
Gold: 0.00
May 31 2019 07:44am
Quote (TransTankie @ May 31 2019 08:51am)
Guns are a necessary evil.
Vulnerable people need a force equaliser in order to defend themselves against Trumpers, fascists, Nazis and criminals.

your the only one i have ever seen take the logical step from having the mindset that we are under a tyrannical government and therefore we need weapons to protect ourselves

for that i commend you.
Gold: 5,016.77
May 31 2019 08:14am
It's pretty hilarious watching a president take advantage of all the power Congress has ceded to the executive over the decades. I hate Trump, but his ability to emasculate pretty much every Republican politician is a beautiful thing.
Gold: 18,534.02
May 31 2019 08:16am
Do we still get Avacados?

Djman72 likes his Guac.
Gold: 9,484.00
May 31 2019 08:24am
Quote (IceMage @ May 31 2019 07:14am)
It's pretty hilarious watching a president take advantage of all the power Congress has ceded to the executive over the decades. I hate Trump, but his ability to emasculate pretty much every Republican politician is a beautiful thing.

Obama did much of the same when he got frustrated with the gridlock of congress.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 31 2019 08:40am
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 31 2019 08:24am)
Obama did much of the same when he got frustrated with the gridlock of congress.

Obama convinced his mandate to make Obamacare a thing, the public responded by taking Obama's mandate in both houses. Obama emasculated the GOP with EOs. The GOP was mad about this, called it an overreach of power. Trump agreed, a lot, on twitter and later in the campaigning, "i'm a real negotiator" he said.

Trump did almost nothing legislatively with his dual mandate, his first 2 years will be remembered historically as undoing Obama's EOs with a racing stripe of justices appointed. Then he lost half his mandate because of repeated scandals, rather than a typifying event that the other side rallied around such as Obamacare. It was border scandals, WH staff turnover, trade concerns, referendum of character, etc. Grab bag of shit people voted one way or the other on, and he lost the House. Then as he realized that he could neither legislate with a half mandate or even a whole mandate, he pivotted from EOs being bad to EOs being the best thing there is.

Obama expanding EOs and the power of the executive branch, bad. Trump, worse. it's really that simple. he has expanded it more, with a mandate he's ignoring, and Obama never promised reconciliation, he promised change.

I'm just thankful Trump is such a disaster as a leader of the legislature. He can currently be undone in the stroke of a pen. The portions of the wall he builds, the conservative justice he appoints, and a move of embassy in Israel will be his entire legacy. Which is a really short list compared to his campaign. Thank goodness. The second a democrat gets in in 2020 or 2024 these tariffs disappear, the next day Mexico and China announce trade agreements or business investment. Trump will look like an idiot. Neither country will make notable concessions before 2020 or 2024. the entire plan was from the start only riding on face validity. It started with "china do bad stuff" and ended with "so this will work to make them stop" with literally nothing inbetween except "we think this will hurt them". it's the coloring book equivalent of economics. paint by number for 7 year olds with a wish and a dream.
Gold: 9,484.00
May 31 2019 05:37pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 31 2019 07:40am)
Obama convinced his mandate to make Obamacare a thing, the public responded by taking Obama's mandate in both houses. Obama emasculated the GOP with EOs. The GOP was mad about this, called it an overreach of power. Trump agreed, a lot, on twitter and later in the campaigning, "i'm a real negotiator" he said.

Trump did almost nothing legislatively with his dual mandate, his first 2 years will be remembered historically as undoing Obama's EOs with a racing stripe of justices appointed. Then he lost half his mandate because of repeated scandals, rather than a typifying event that the other side rallied around such as Obamacare. It was border scandals, WH staff turnover, trade concerns, referendum of character, etc. Grab bag of shit people voted one way or the other on, and he lost the House. Then as he realized that he could neither legislate with a half mandate or even a whole mandate, he pivotted from EOs being bad to EOs being the best thing there is.

Obama expanding EOs and the power of the executive branch, bad. Trump, worse. it's really that simple. he has expanded it more, with a mandate he's ignoring, and Obama never promised reconciliation, he promised change.

I'm just thankful Trump is such a disaster as a leader of the legislature. He can currently be undone in the stroke of a pen. The portions of the wall he builds, the conservative justice he appoints, and a move of embassy in Israel will be his entire legacy. Which is a really short list compared to his campaign. Thank goodness. The second a democrat gets in in 2020 or 2024 these tariffs disappear, the next day Mexico and China announce trade agreements or business investment. Trump will look like an idiot. Neither country will make notable concessions before 2020 or 2024. the entire plan was from the start only riding on face validity. It started with "china do bad stuff" and ended with "so this will work to make them stop" with literally nothing inbetween except "we think this will hurt them". it's the coloring book equivalent of economics. paint by number for 7 year olds with a wish and a dream.

He's given social conservatives some wins policy-wise. These aren't plastered headlines as wins for conservatives rather that they are "attacks on xyz", "rolling back rights" etc, the usual spin.

Your problem is you're too sure of the outcome when there are so many different things that can occur that would completely change the calculus of the game. It's not only plausible but likely that struggling economies would cave instead of having a drawn-out trade war with a massive importer of their goods if for example Trump wins in 2020

It's impossible to say for certain how the chips will fall, but if Trump wins again, which there's a decent chance he might, I can see China looking to settle this and end the pain.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 31 2019 05:42pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123459Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll