d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Didneywerld
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,142.89
May 30 2019 05:55pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 31 2019 03:59pm
Fuck that was painful. All shit most of us here probably already know, but like he said soooooo many times, no one gives a shit because "ER MY GOD, DID YOU SEE ENDGAME!!!!!!". I hadn't heard about HBO.... I hope that we don't see a significant drop in the quality of their shows. They've been pushing out more recently and the quality has still been very high-end, but we'll see how long that lasts... I guess all we can do is pray that the Trump administration ends in 2020, that's probably our only feasible chance of irreversible damage being done to streaming platforms. Of course that hinges on someone who's not a massive tool on the left getting into office, but seeing as Americans have made it painfully clear that they're too stupid to think for themselves, the odds of that are fuck-all. Bunch of fuck
Gold: 10,025.00
Jun 1 2019 05:02pm
Not going to bother watching the video cuz 2 minutes in I already want to kill myself. But I want to hit on a part of the video title. "The sad future of entertainment". The whole "blockbusters are killing movies" etc. This kind of sentiment has been floating around lately being spouted by lazy neckbeard hipsters who fancy themselves film critics. And honestly it's just incorrect in every way possible. There are so many good movies being put out these days in all the different mediums it's insane. Netflix for example has so many hidden gems, you literally just have to spend more than 2 minutes looking for something to watch and you can find amazing pieces of entertainment.

The entertainment industry isn't dying, it isn't in a sad state, it's literally in its golden age/renaissance. There is so much amazing work being done.

Yes if you just look at the top 10 highest grossing films and look at what Disney is doing you are going to find generic action bs, because that's the largest market share. That doesn't mean smaller/more thoughtful films have stopped existing.
Jun 2 2019 07:48pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jun 1 2019 04:02pm)
Not going to bother watching the video cuz 2 minutes in I already want to kill myself. But I want to hit on a part of the video title. "The sad future of entertainment". The whole "blockbusters are killing movies" etc. This kind of sentiment has been floating around lately being spouted by lazy neckbeard hipsters who fancy themselves film critics. And honestly it's just incorrect in every way possible. There are so many good movies being put out these days in all the different mediums it's insane. Netflix for example has so many hidden gems, you literally just have to spend more than 2 minutes looking for something to watch and you can find amazing pieces of entertainment.

The entertainment industry isn't dying, it isn't in a sad state, it's literally in its golden age/renaissance. There is so much amazing work being done.

Yes if you just look at the top 10 highest grossing films and look at what Disney is doing you are going to find generic action bs, because that's the largest market share. That doesn't mean smaller/more thoughtful films have stopped existing.

So, you missed the entire point, nice.

The last time big studios tried to put a stranglehold on smaller mediums from having their films seen by the public, the government put a stop to it. We're coming up on another situation much like what happened before, with the difference being that this time around the government is actively doing everything in their power to help these monopolies to control the market and may even allow them to dictate the streaming speeds in which smaller companies are able to provide to their customers. A lot of the great content we're seeing right now stems from either people outside of the big corporations who had their film picked up by one of the streaming sources, netflix, hulu, prime etc... and then there's HBO, the one bright light of amazing content in the ocean of mostly crap. Unfortunately, if HBO truly moves towards quantity over quality (which seems to be the case) and the rest only care about producing masses of their own content, while ignoring or actively blocking smaller studios from having shows on popular mediums, we could be headed for Disney quality films from everyone, which would be hell on Earth for people like me and many others.

This is a cautionary look into what could happen if things continue on the same path and if all you've got is "You're dumb for being concerned because we currently have good shows", then this conversation is beyond pointless. These are real concerns, they're worth discussing and everyone who enjoys quality shows and movies should be concerned by Disney continuing to gobble up everything and the government actively helping them.

Would help if you actually knew what the video was about before rage commenting about how stupid it is, just my two cents.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 2 2019 08:05pm
Jun 2 2019 08:22pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 2 2019 06:48pm)
So, you missed the entire point, nice.

The last time big studios tried to put a stranglehold on smaller mediums from having their films seen by the public, the government put a stop to it. We're coming up on another situation much like what happened before, with the difference being that this time around the government is actively doing everything in their power to help these monopolies to control the market and may even allow them to dictate the streaming speeds in which smaller companies are able to provide to their customers. A lot of the great content we're seeing right now stems from either people outside of the big corporations who had their film picked up by one of the streaming sources, netflix, hulu, prime etc... and then there's HBO, the one bright light of amazing content in the ocean of mostly crap. Unfortunately, if HBO truly moves towards quantity over quality (which seems to be the case) and the rest only care about producing masses of their own content, while ignoring or actively blocking smaller studios from having shows on popular mediums, we could be headed for Disney quality films from everyone, which would be hell on Earth for people like me and many others.

This is a cautionary look into what could happen if things continue on the same path and if all you've got is "You're dumb for being concerned because we currently have good shows", then this conversation is beyond pointless. These are real concerns, they're worth discussing and everyone who enjoys quality shows and movies should be concerned by Disney continuing to gobble up everything and the government actively helping them.

Would help if you actually knew what the video was about before rage commenting about how stupid it is, just my two cents.

Would help if you had reading comprehension before rage writing a comment reply.

I specifically said the title reminded me of
The whole "blockbusters are killing movies" etc. This kind of sentiment has been floating around lately
Gold: 50,062.31
Jun 3 2019 01:33pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 31 2019 05:59pm)
Fuck that was painful. All shit most of us here probably already know, but like he said soooooo many times, no one gives a shit because "ER MY GOD, DID YOU SEE ENDGAME!!!!!!". I hadn't heard about HBO.... I hope that we don't see a significant drop in the quality of their shows. They've been pushing out more recently and the quality has still been very high-end, but we'll see how long that lasts... I guess all we can do is pray that the Trump administration ends in 2020, that's probably our only feasible chance of irreversible damage being done to streaming platforms. Of course that hinges on someone who's not a massive tool on the left getting into office, but seeing as Americans have made it painfully clear that they're too stupid to think for themselves, the odds of that are fuck-all. Bunch of fuck

I mean, how can you judge when you actually think Futureman was a good show. :rofl:

Quote (Blah58 @ Jun 2 2019 10:22pm)
Would help if you had reading comprehension before rage writing a comment reply.

He doesn’t have much IQ (if any).

This post was edited by pwb3 on Jun 3 2019 01:35pm
Jun 4 2019 11:07am
Quote (Blah58 @ Jun 2 2019 07:22pm)

It's funny how I actually took the time to explain the difference between that idiotic notion and our current situation, but you still managed to miss the point after having it explained to you.... yikes

You're always close minded to a fault, but you're not usually this stupid blah. For the second time now, perhaps you should attempt to understand what it is you're commenting on, before getting your panties all twisted. Or better yet, don't bother responding at all, there are plenty of other threads for you to make yourself look like a total ass, since we know you'll just keep saying the same shit over and fucking over.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 4 2019 11:23am
Jun 4 2019 02:24pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 4 2019 10:07am)
It's funny how I actually took the time to explain the difference between that idiotic notion and our current situation, but you still managed to miss the point after having it explained to you.... yikes

You're always close minded to a fault, but you're not usually this stupid blah. For the second time now, perhaps you should attempt to understand what it is you're commenting on, before getting your panties all twisted. Or better yet, don't bother responding at all, there are plenty of other threads for you to make yourself look like a total ass, since we know you'll just keep saying the same shit over and fucking over.

Once again, I wasn't commenting on the video, I was commenting on something part of the title of the video reminded me of. How are you not capable of understanding that?

Want my feelings on the video? This is literally the only thing I said about the video

2 minutes in I already want to kill myself

Instead of being a pretentious ass who needs to start an argument with me over literally everything, why don't you try moving on? Or hell at least work on your reading comprehension so that the argument actually makes sense and isn't just boring.
Jun 4 2019 04:40pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jun 4 2019 01:24pm)
Once again, I wasn't commenting on the video, I was commenting on something part of the title of the video reminded me of. How are you not capable of understanding that?

Want my feelings on the video? This is literally the only thing I said about the video

Instead of being a pretentious ass who needs to start an argument with me over literally everything, why don't you try moving on? Or hell at least work on your reading comprehension so that the argument actually makes sense and isn't just boring.

The amount of irony in your posts is usually pretty high, but this is next level for you. Well done. If you weren't such a tool, I'd be impressed with the amount of purposeful hypocrisy here.

So, let's summarize why don't we. You made an asinine comment that had nothing to do with the thread, but with your own personal feelings regarding your interpretation of the title and are now throwing a hissy fit at the only person who actually attempted to discuss the content of the post?

I'm absolutely positive that you're one of those insufferable cunts, that'll just keep talking to hear the sound of your own voice, even if what you're saying has no relevance to the topic. Stay classy blah.
Gold: 50,062.31
Jun 4 2019 05:13pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 4 2019 06:40pm)
The amount of irony in your posts is usually pretty high, but this is next level for you. Well done. If you weren't such a tool, I'd be impressed with the amount of purposeful hypocrisy here.

Oh the irony. The sweet sweet irony. :rofl:
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll