d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Didneywerld
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 4 2019 08:02pm
Quote (pwb3 @ Jun 4 2019 04:13pm)
Oh the irony. The sweet sweet irony. :rofl:

How desperate are you for my attention? Perhaps you should take a breather from the net, might do you some good.
Gold: 50,061.36
Jun 4 2019 08:28pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 4 2019 10:02pm)
How desperate are you for my attention? Perhaps you should take a breather from the net, might do you some good.

Take your own advice. :)
Gold: 25.20
Jun 4 2019 09:06pm
How do you guys manage to insult each other in every single thread?

It's pretty ridiculous.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jun 4 2019 09:06pm
Jun 4 2019 09:31pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Jun 4 2019 08:06pm)
How do you guys manage to insult each other in every single thread?

It's pretty ridiculous.

https://i.imgur.com/dIV0LlM.png

I like pissing him off, it makes me chuckle. It's not in "every" thread, just like 80% of threads :D

e: I'd also like to point out that I was civil to begin with. The only thing *rude* I said originally is that he should consider actually watching the video before insulting it, which clearly was needed, as he didn't say a single relevant thing in his wall of complaints. Just made an assumption off the title and was wayyyyyyy the fuck off. I only started ripping into him after he went full retard.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 4 2019 09:58pm
Gold: 150.00
Jun 9 2019 09:32am
i dont want to come off as too edgy, i realize this is just about movies/streaming but world is doomed because no one is going to die for your/our rights.
and to think that you can have a revolution with 0 deaths is to say that everyone in the past that has died for your rights all died in vain. american revolution/civil war/ww2..it all wouldve resolved itself had they fought or not
unless u have a fuck ton of money glhf
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 9 2019 09:52am
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Jun 9 2019 11:32am)
i dont want to come off as too edgy, i realize this is just about movies/streaming but world is doomed because no one is going to die for your/our rights.
and to think that you can have a revolution with 0 deaths is to say that everyone in the past that has died for your rights all died in vain. american revolution/civil war/ww2..it all wouldve resolved itself had they fought or not

that may be true in 2019, but you just mentioned WW2, which shows that we are only a few generations removed from a time when people did die for the rights of their people.

The Civil War and the American Revolution are perfect examples of times when people did decide they were willing to fight and die in a conflict that was mainly about economic principles.

We are only about 50 years away from things getting bad enough for a new revolution.

I, personally, would have zero problem fighting and dying in a conflict that had a chance of breaking up the corruption in government (but I wouldn't lift a finger to fight ISIS). Every time another story of this corruption breaks, the seeds are planted for more and more people to start feeling more like me.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Jun 9 2019 09:54am
Jun 9 2019 09:53am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jun 9 2019 10:52am)
that may be true in 2019, but you just cited an example showing that we are a few generations removed from a time when people did die for the rights of their people.

The Civil War and the American Revolution are perfect examples of times when people did decide they were willing to fight and die in a conflict that was mainly about economic principles.

We are only about 50 years away from things getting bad enough for a new revolution.

I, personally, would have zero problem fighting and dying in a conflict that had a chance of breaking up the corruption in government (but I wouldn't lift a finger to fight ISIS). Every time another story breaks, the seeds are planted for more and more people to start feeling more like me.

i was showing those examples because there have been similar times where world was going to shit but people fought for their rights. so im showing its possible but its not something thats going to happen anymore.

@your last part, you, i and a lot of people feel the same way. give people a light at the end of the tunnel and theyll give up their life fighting but to create such a light is impossible.
even if you join the USAF you'll just be fighting for the man that controls you.
the only way to come up with such an organization to break up corruption in our government would have to be outside of US soil but US has ears everywhere. if you were to buy enough weapons to take down our country youd have to buy said weapons from the USA...and theyre not going to sell you guns to aim at them if you could even afford it anyhow.

This post was edited by MutatedBeaveR on Jun 9 2019 09:56am
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 9 2019 09:57am
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Jun 9 2019 11:53am)
i was showing those examples because there have been similar times where world was going to shit but people fought for their rights. so im showing its possible but its not something thats going to happen anymore.

It just happened in Ukraine in 2014. It's been happening cyclically throughout humanity's existence.

Just because the US has managed to develop a pretty decent system that has managed to hold together for 150 years (since the Civil War) doesn't mean that we are showing signs of ending the cycle.
Jun 9 2019 10:00am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jun 9 2019 10:57am)
It just happened in Ukraine in 2014. It's been happening cyclically throughout humanity's existence.

Just because the US has managed to develop a pretty decent system that has managed to hold together for 150 years (since the Civil War) doesn't mean that we are showing signs of ending the cycle.

you cant compare a single european country to america or really any other country. plenty of other countries have revoltuions but they arent a melting pot. we have media causing a new gender/race war further dividing people up.

countries that have such a small population and hardly any ethnic diversity, when compared to the US, should be able to move a lot faster than USA in terms of a revolution/political overthrowing

This post was edited by MutatedBeaveR on Jun 9 2019 10:00am
Jun 10 2019 05:44pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Jun 9 2019 08:52am)
I, personally, would have zero problem fighting and dying in a conflict that had a chance of breaking up the corruption in government (but I wouldn't lift a finger to fight ISIS). Every time another story of this corruption breaks, the seeds are planted for more and more people to start feeling more like me.

I've felt this way for a long long time. I'm still optimistically hoping that we'll be able to get out of this without an excessive amount of bloodshed. More and more truly decent people, who seemt o legitimately care about the well-being of citizens across the country are getting involved in politics. I'm hoping they'll eventually outnumber the corrupt as fuck old guard, but more than likely, they'll be beaten into submission and they'll become exactly what they sought to destroy and the fucking cycle will continue.

Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Jun 9 2019 09:00am)
you cant compare a single european country to america or really any other country. plenty of other countries have revoltuions but they arent a melting pot. we have media causing a new gender/race war further dividing people up.

countries that have such a small population and hardly any ethnic diversity, when compared to the US, should be able to move a lot faster than USA in terms of a revolution/political overthrowing

It's only complete idiots who buy into any of this bullshit. None of that matters. The only divide is the one between the haves and the have nots and the haves are doing everything in their power to ensure the power stays exactly where it is, just as they always have. They'll stir up whatever fucking bullshit they have to, to rile up the idiots of the world who can't see past their own prejudices, but none of that shit matters and hopefully enough people will pull their heads out of their asses to realize that.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 10 2019 05:48pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll