d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Back Issues
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 37.26
Apr 17 2019 11:16am
Been out of the gym for 2 months because of back pain/inflammation

How the hell can i train legs, lower back, core without putting any weight load on my back. Just shittons of leg extensions?

Its driving me nuts not being able to do shit, anyone had similar experience with back pain, lmk what you did.
Gold: 39.00
Apr 17 2019 11:38am
Bodyweight exercises/machines/lunges gl hf.
Gold: 32,090.31
Apr 18 2019 12:10pm
I'm a year from my DPT if you're looking for help.

I'd be more worried about fixing your shit instead of avoiding it and training things around the injury.
Gold: 0.01
May 11 2019 06:05pm
Search youtube brah, there are TONS of videos on this by physios, chiros, and other quacks
Gold: 6.66
May 12 2019 01:36am
If you haven't been diagnosed with a disc herniation/tear and you don't have any bone damage or abnormalities and you've had the pain for over 3 months then you won't probably aggravate your condition if you made your back carry very light loads while listening to the pain. Obviously if the pain starts getting really unpleasant or unbearable, quit doing what you're doing.

It has been however shown that having a good mentality and keeping on training with slight pain yields better outcomes than avoiding provoking pain altogether. There's a mind over matter component here. Pain and activity are not harmful in prolonged back pain (over 3 months). Have you seen a doctor? Talk with a doctor if you haven't.

Quote (Braxton11 @ Apr 18 2019 08:10pm)
I'm a year from my DPT if you're looking for help.

I'd be more worried about fixing your shit instead of avoiding it and training things around the injury.

This is quite legit.
Gold: 249.10
May 12 2019 03:35am
Yoga & pilates is what u should b doing to be strong rather than just look strong
Weightlifting is for neanderthals
May 12 2019 08:19am
Quote (Neptunus @ May 12 2019 02:36am)
If you haven't been diagnosed with a disc herniation/tear and you don't have any bone damage or abnormalities and you've had the pain for over 3 months then you won't probably aggravate your condition if you made your back carry very light loads while listening to the pain. Obviously if the pain starts getting really unpleasant or unbearable, quit doing what you're doing.

It has been however shown that having a good mentality and keeping on training with slight pain yields better outcomes than avoiding provoking pain altogether. There's a mind over matter component here. Pain and activity are not harmful in prolonged back pain (over 3 months). Have you seen a doctor? Talk with a doctor if you haven't.

This is quite legit.

Talked to Braxton actually

It got slightly better for a couple weeks after doing exercises. But relief didnt last

Ive been to the doc many times. X rays and bloodwork came out negative, cant get an mri because apparently its not bad enough for that yet. You have to be already crippled before they approve you.

I think my best option is doing light stretches, light strengthening exercises.

Quote (carljonson @ May 11 2019 07:05pm)
Search youtube brah, there are TONS of videos on this by physios, chiros, and other quacks

Doc said chiropractic probably wont help and physiotherapists will do stuff you can do on ur own, and gave my some back stabilization excercises. Searching shit and trying it on my own is probably my best option at this point.

Maybe the issue is that im too active to ever let it heal. I need to not play golf, or softball, or do any manual labor for a couple months. But thats super tough and previous breaks from activity and lifting didnt help

Im going to buy a new bed, heard it can make a huge difference with back pain and general health. Light exercises and a new bed is my formula atm.

This post was edited by LAP4JSP on May 12 2019 08:25am
Gold: 0.00
May 12 2019 10:38am
Quote (LAP4JSP @ May 12 2019 10:19am)

It got slightly better for a couple weeks after doing exercises. But relief didnt last

Ive been to the doc many times. X rays and bloodwork came out negative, cant get an mri because apparently its not bad enough for that yet. You have to be already crippled before they approve you.

Doc said chiropractic probably wont help and physiotherapists will do stuff you can do on ur own, and gave my some back stabilization excercises. Searching shit and trying it on my own is probably my best option at this point.

Maybe the issue is that im too active to ever let it heal. I need to not play golf, or softball, or do any manual labor for a couple months. But thats super tough and previous breaks from activity and lifting didnt help

Im going to buy a new bed, heard it can make a huge difference with back pain and general health. Light exercises and a new bed is my formula atm.

Hopefully you found the algorithm :thumbsup:
Gold: 32,090.31
May 12 2019 12:59pm
Quote (LAP4JSP @ May 12 2019 10:19am)

It's tough to do an eval on it without actually being able to see you and everything but I can say that most low back pain is usually related to core musculature needing to be strengthened, lumbar spine spending so much time in flexion that it needs to be put in extension, or biomechanics being off (which usually is related to weak musculature surrounding the area and tugging on spine or pelvis in a weird way).

You're welcome to message me anytime for help. I can try and throw out some suggestions or my ideas on what to do or even progressions of exercises. I have finals all week so I won't be too responsive this week but then I'll be in clinical and can easily help.
May 14 2019 01:43pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ May 12 2019 01:59pm)
It's tough to do an eval on it without actually being able to see you and everything but I can say that most low back pain is usually related to core musculature needing to be strengthened, lumbar spine spending so much time in flexion that it needs to be put in extension, or biomechanics being off (which usually is related to weak musculature surrounding the area and tugging on spine or pelvis in a weird way).

You're welcome to message me anytime for help. I can try and throw out some suggestions or my ideas on what to do or even progressions of exercises. I have finals all week so I won't be too responsive this week but then I'll be in clinical and can easily help.

Its odd because ive always had good deadlifts for my size, and i used to work out my lower back quite a bit. So i dont think its a muscular strength issue, but maybe im wrong.

But who knows, i would love to hear some suggestions on progressions, also extensions.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll