d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > New Wr For 8-man > Speed Running
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 17 2019 08:23am
i get what these super intelligent guys are saying. all of the emulator runs on speed runs, that btw are like 90%+ of all the records, are all fake because they aren't done on the Nintendo cartridge. good point guys! you really proved something! /s

speed runs in D2 are born from single player solo no-lag runs. 8-player runs have been logged for years on private realms, open b.net, and using extensions that tap into the tp/ip system after that got removed. hamatchi and w/e. but private servers have been used forever to avoid lag.

lots of non-runner will point out POSSIBLE, not probable, changes to any server to discount this. but if the runners have talked to the owner and he assures them it's vanilla that's all you can do. otherwise you can't speed run, because b.net in it's current state doesn't allow it. so to the people saying "not closed doesn't count" what you're really saying is "can never be broken ever again". the last point is that subsequent runs by this team or any other team will also likely take place on this server, so the times are still valid. no one made new asterisks for baseball records once weight lifting was invented, sometimes the game changes and you just roll with it.
Gold: 11,472.00
Apr 17 2019 09:15am
Hey Jym - I'm at work, so can't really watch the video.

Who all was on the team that did this? Any familiar faces that you and/or I have played with in the past at ladder resets?

Very happy to see you still grinding at this my friend :)
Gold: 4.10
Apr 17 2019 10:26am
Quote (OnAir @ Apr 17 2019 02:10pm)
nicely done :) haters gonna hate. clicked to a random time in the video and was greeted by fangskin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWKCS4l_S_0&feature=youtu.be&t=6324

I don't think anyone's hating here (well maybe some are lol), just providing some opinions and thoughts about speed running the game we all enjoy. If Jym's private server handles gameplay packets the same way as anyone hosting a game in open b.net or tcp/ip (regardless of being 1.13 or 1.14, though that could be an issue as well) then I see it as 100% valid instead of 99%.

I still don't see how a closed b.net run can count so much when they keep changing things on the server, but at the same time I don't think a private realm that no one else has access to should count either unless it's running the exact same way as everyone else's client when they host a game with their computer. Any changes in how the network traffic is handled will change the final time in the end, but on that topic I don't know if there are small/minute differences for such hosted games between patch 1.13 and 1.14 either.

tldr it'd be nice to know there was consistent network protocol amongst speedrunner groups
Gold: 144.33
Apr 17 2019 01:59pm
Doesn't count on that server. Fast game switching and action delays etc. It also can't be proven that there are no modifications in effect.

Not that it matters since no one is even competing for this.

There is also no proof it's the fastest time, don't go full Xtimus. It's the fastest uploaded to Youtube/Twitch in recent years, you can claim that.

This post was edited by piatek on Apr 17 2019 02:09pm
Gold: 16,400.00
Apr 17 2019 02:33pm
Quote (piatek @ Apr 17 2019 02:59pm)
Doesn't count on that server. Fast game switching and action delays etc. It also can't be proven that there are no modifications in effect.

Not that it matters since no one is even competing for this.

There is also no proof it's the fastest time, don't go full Xtimus. It's the fastest uploaded to Youtube/Twitch in recent years, you can claim that.

You can't prove that there's a run on https://www.speedrun.com/d2lod that doesn't have some modification to their game, and they're all done on single player, which has 0 delay. We provide all perspectives and if nobody can find a single discrepancy in our run, then it counts, period. Our best possible run would be on LAN, and yes, that run would count too.

Apparently it matters to a bunch of people, otherwise you guys wouldn't comment.

It's the fastest legit hell Baal kill because it only counts if everyone has recorded their perspective. Xtimus? the guy who says he doesn't care about getting recognition, but the entire video is him complaining about not getting recognized as the first to do something? lol.. that's more than a stretch.

Quote (_Munkey_ @ Apr 17 2019 10:15am)
Hey Jym - I'm at work, so can't really watch the video.

Who all was on the team that did this? Any familiar faces that you and/or I have played with in the past at ladder resets?

Very happy to see you still grinding at this my friend :)

Hey man, Unsullied13 and I are still going at it. We both got into speed running and then I put this group together for attempting a time that won't ever get beaten, which it seems we have since no one has even come close. The other guys in our run are MrLlamaSC, BTNeandertha1, Laggzor, LaV, Blazer-flamewing and NanoBT. There are others who are in our group because getting 8 people together is tough..

This post was edited by Jymnasium on Apr 17 2019 02:34pm
Apr 17 2019 02:35pm
Quote (Jymnasium @ Apr 17 2019 09:33pm)
You can't prove that there's a run on https://www.speedrun.com/d2lod that doesn't have some modification to their game, and they're all done on single player, which has 0 delay. We provide all perspectives and if nobody can find a single discrepancy in our run, then it counts, period. Our best possible run would be on LAN, and yes, that run would count too.

Apparently it matters to a bunch of people, otherwise you wouldn't comment.

It's the fastest legit hell Baal kill because it only counts if everyone has recorded their perspective. Xtimus? the guy who says he doesn't care about getting recognition, but the entire video is him complaining about not getting recognized as the first to do something? lol.. that's more than a stretch.

Hey man, Unsullied13 and I are still going at it. We both got into speed running and then I put this group together for attempting a time that won't ever get beaten, which it seems we have since no one has even come close. The other guys in our run are MrLlamaSC, BTNeandertha1, Laggzor, LaV, Blazer-flamewing and NanoBT. There are others who are in our group because getting 8 people together is tough..

As I said, don't go full Xtimus.

It's not the fastest hell Baal kill and you can't prove it is. I'll repeat, you can claim it's the fastest on Youtube/Twitch, in your competition against no one.

You are so desperate for attention, log out man, you are losing the plot.

This post was edited by piatek on Apr 17 2019 02:36pm
Apr 17 2019 02:36pm
Quote (piatek @ Apr 17 2019 03:35pm)

It's not the fastest hell Baal kill and you can't prove it is.

It's the fastest legit hell Baal kill, and if ne1 was trying to do something this fast, they would have put in the necessary time and effort to make it legitimized, so yes, i can claim it is.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 17 2019 02:37pm

It's not the fastest hell Baal kill and you can't prove it is.

You're a complete tool lol
Apr 17 2019 02:37pm
Quote (Jymnasium @ Apr 17 2019 09:36pm)
It's the fastest legit hell Baal kill, and if ne1 was trying to do something this fast, they would have put in the necessary time and effort to make it legitimized, so yes, i can claim it is.

Anyone can.
Apr 17 2019 02:40pm

Uh, desperate? Nah, but if I could make a living off making D2 videos.. I'm sure almost anyone here would be happy doing that, so I have to start somewhere.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll