d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Transgenderism Debunked With Vengeance By Reality
Prev1353637383947Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Apr 27 2019 07:45am
Quote (TransTankie @ Apr 27 2019 06:01am)
I think you're becoming confused between biological sex and gender. That's ok though friend. Many people don't know that gender actually refers to the internal identity of a person and how it relates to their perceptions of 'woman' and 'man' as both this internal identity along with its performative and social aspects. Biological sex is determined by a doctor at birth, as is gender. Usually someone's biological sex strongly informs their gender identity but sometimes this is not the case. This is true mostly for transgender, agender and other gender nonconforming individuals. Nowadays scientists recognise that gender and sex are groupings of characteristics that are generally, for ease of categorisation, grouped along a bimodal scale and that the idea of them being inseparably linked in all individuals or that they are strict binary categories is outdated and unscientific. Don't worry though - scientific progress is slow but still much faster than social progress and there is no shame in having a view that is congruent with the rest of a largely scientifically illiterate and philosophically backward plebeian class... Now you know this though you have little reason besides wilful ignorance or bigotry to continue propagating retrogressive, conservative and often religiously informed anti-trans and anti-science propaganda. If you'd like to know more I'd encourage you to engage with the scientific research on transgender people. It is a large body of work and is growing rapidly so I'm sure it will at least keep you entertained for a while. :)

Afaik the concept of gender identity wasn't a thing until the 1950s and was pushed as a social construct by a "doctor" (social sciences lulz) who drove a boy to suicide trying to change him into a girl and lied about how successful his experiment was. This man is supposedly one of your lgbt heroes btw.

For most of human history gender and biological sex were the same until pseudoscientists and feminists tried to change the meaning of it.. No one denies there are a tiny minority of people with mental problems whos perception of themselves are at odds with their biological sex. The people with mental defects are far and few and words such as "many" and "usually" underscores the unscientific basis on which this idea was formed. The only hint of science in your pseudoscientific nonsense is the word bimodal and your attempts to gloss over it's implications fails.

There are also many people with 6 fingers and 6 toes but that's hardly a reason for changing books on human biology or insisting that we abolish gloves and go with finger neutral mittens. Society is unwilling to go along with this narrative that gender is a matter of identity instead of biological sex despite the best efforts of sjw infested social sciences. People know exactly what they're saying and mean when they talk about men and women. I'd say you're well aware of this but then again you do legitimately believe there are straight dudes sucking your dick so I'm guessing your mental defects prevent you from having a proper grasp on reality.

This post was edited by duffman316 on Apr 27 2019 07:47am
Gold: 65,076.75
Apr 27 2019 07:52am
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 27 2019 08:45am)
Afaik the concept of gender identity wasn't a thing until the 1950s and was pushed as a social construct by a "doctor" (social sciences lulz) who drove a boy to suicide trying to change him into a girl and lied about how successful his experiment was. This man is supposedly one of your lgbt heroes btw.

For most of human history gender and biological sex were the same until pseudoscientists and feminists tried to change the meaning of it.. No one denies there are a tiny minority of people with mental problems whos perception of themselves are at odds with their biological sex. The people with mental defects are far and few and words such as "many" and "usually" underscores the unscientific basis on which this idea was formed. The only hint of science in your pseudoscientific nonsense is the word bimodal and your attempts to gloss over it's implications fails.

There are also many people with 6 fingers and 6 toes but that's hardly a reason for changing books on human biology or insisting that we abolish gloves and go with finger neutral mittens. Society is unwilling to go along with this narrative that gender is a matter of identity instead of biological sex despite the best efforts of sjw infested social sciences. People know exactly what they're saying and mean when they talk about men and women. I'd say you're well aware of this but then again you do legitimately believe there are straight dudes sucking your dick so I'm guessing your mental defects prevent you from having a proper grasp on reality.

:mellow:
Gold: 57.00
Apr 27 2019 07:53am
Gold: 35.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 27 2019 08:15am
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 27 2019 09:45am)

kinsey?
Gold: 285.00
Apr 27 2019 08:59am

The Second Sex addresses this argument.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 27 2019 09:20am
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 27 2019 07:45am)

For most of human history gender and biological sex were the same

But what a certain gender should do or say changed over time in the same society, or was very different across societies.

The implication to your argument is therefore that those societies had significantly different biologies that caused it.
Gold: 11,571.00
Apr 27 2019 09:37am
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 27 2019 06:45am)

Revenge of the sith moment. Welcome to the dark side of the force brother
Apr 27 2019 09:45am

Nobody cared about it. Science was by and for the privileged. We could talk about the actual history of science but I'm not taking that on. Empiricism rose with witch hunting. When women were allowed to do science you ended up with Marie freakin Curie and Double Helix structure. Lol. Imagine how much further we would be if all humans could work on this stuff. "Soft sciences" lol.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 27 2019 09:56am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 27 2019 09:45am)
Nobody cared about it. Science was by and for the privileged. We could talk about the actual history of science but I'm not taking that on. Empiricism rose with witch hunting. When women were allowed to do science you ended up with Marie freakin Curie and Double Helix structure. Lol. Imagine how much further we would be if all humans could work on this stuff. "Soft sciences" lol.

Listened to an interesting video last night about the witch hunts. Even prominent philosopher(s) supported them despite not believing in witches because they maintained the social order. That reveals the underlying social force that gave rise to witch hunts wasn't fear of "magic" or "witches", but the shifting of society towards a system that needed women as baby makers first and foremost. Women left the other spheres where they had influence and became silent home-makers for fear of public reprisal.

Also went through how most of the crimes witches were accused of had really similar proxies after the witch hunts, i.e. "consorting with the devil" just became the various punishments for sexual immorality.

Also learned that the last witch hunt was within 11 years of the last public lynching.... and it was around 1900.

At first my thought was "wow, we're still really close to that level of barbarism", but then realized that what we see as barbarism, lynchings and witch hunts, wasn't exactly barbarism since it was, either consciously or unconsciously, in pursuit of the social order. Even if that social order was pretty awful.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Apr 27 2019 09:56am
Apr 27 2019 11:15am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 27 2019 10:56am)
Listened to an interesting video last night about the witch hunts. Even prominent philosopher(s) supported them despite not believing in witches because they maintained the social order. That reveals the underlying social force that gave rise to witch hunts wasn't fear of "magic" or "witches", but the shifting of society towards a system that needed women as baby makers first and foremost. Women left the other spheres where they had influence and became silent home-makers for fear of public reprisal.

Also went through how most of the crimes witches were accused of had really similar proxies after the witch hunts, i.e. "consorting with the devil" just became the various punishments for sexual immorality.

Also learned that the last witch hunt was within 11 years of the last public lynching.... and it was around 1900.

At first my thought was "wow, we're still really close to that level of barbarism", but then realized that what we see as barbarism, lynchings and witch hunts, wasn't exactly barbarism since it was, either consciously or unconsciously, in pursuit of the social order. Even if that social order was pretty awful.

Presents were egalitarian among the sexes and that had to change. Women had to much political power and witch hunts were about putting them In their place. Francis Bacon was an avid supporter of witch hunting and empiricism and rene Descartes's conception of matter as atoms Supported torturing mother Earth for its secrets. It's weird. Before this time miners were seen as rapist of the Earth which is why only the worst people were miners, even in American history...compare old San Francisco and cities like Eyegouge vs. the Eastern cities. All miners and prostitutes lol.

History is interesting.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 27 2019 11:18am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1353637383947Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll