d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Jussie Smollett > Charges Dropped
Prev11415161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 633.87
Jun 21 2019 02:39pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Jun 21 2019 03:19pm)
I don't necessarily disagree with your "Fix'd". Justice SHOULD be blind, and no one should get preferential treatment. But that's not the world in which we live, and until that world arrives, you'll excuse me if I don't get filled with righteous indignation because a black man managed to beat the system.

Wrong to consider him one of the disenfranchised.

Smollett is a member of the cultural and financial elite, whose narcissistic understanding of our public services is that they exist to provide him with public sympathy and a pay raise.

He was protected by a corrupt establishment that has every incentive to keep the status quo in place and the impoverished down.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2019 02:41pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 21 2019 03:22pm)
i dont understand how this is "beating the system". he invoked the system, called the system on 9-11, asked the system to "help" him, then blamed the system for not finding the offenders that he created. and still maintains his innocence when even his mama isnt buying it.

that would be like saying someone who sneaks up behind you and cold clocks you beat you in a fight.

Oj beat the system, that's why he's a black folk hero and why millions cheered at their TV when he was found innocent.

Insofar as he didn't get jail time for what he did, would be to what I'm referring. Like I said. in a truly blind justice system, he should have been properly prosecuted, with no prosecutorial shenanigans, and should be held responsible for the goose chase he put Chicago PD on. But absent that state of justice, I'm not going to cry in my oatmeal because a black man didn't get thrown in the slammer in Chicago (particularly in a city whose cops murdered Laquan McDonald).
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 21 2019 02:50pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Jun 21 2019 02:41pm)
Insofar as he didn't get jail time for what he did, would be to what I'm referring. Like I said. in a truly blind justice system, he should have been properly prosecuted, with no prosecutorial shenanigans, and should be held responsible for the goose chase he put Chicago PD on. But absent that state of justice, I'm not going to cry in my oatmeal because a black man didn't get thrown in the slammer in Chicago (particularly in a city whose cops murdered Laquan McDonald).

i understand what you mean, but i personally have a hard line in the sand for people who pervert justice for a raise at work. let's not forget this entire thing only exists because his already several hundred thousand dollar salary at work wasn't enough for him. and this guy has caused people to look at cases like his more skeptically, when they shouldn't. if anything he's not beaten the system, he's perpetuated it. he avoided jail, for now, and his career is gone, his income is gone, literally no one will stand up for him, and he has zero career prospects moving forward. he'd be better off serving a year for false police reports and saying "fuck tha police, i liked because fuck pigs". at least then his own community would welcome him back and he could land a role as a street villain on one of the 12 all black cast crime dramas.

Chicago PD is fucked, then again there's more murders in most holiday weekends than Minnesota gets for an entire calendar year. and the situation continues as a result of a fuckboi trying to game public sympathy and sell out his own people for a slightly bigger check. and i really dont see what the state of CPD has to do with him provoking a federal investigation by just straight up lying. Did he do it for Laquan or for an extra 200k/season?

Personally i hope Jussie get's convicted on federal charges and rots in a prison for at least 10 years. fake mail anthrax is another hoax he's allegedly accused of.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 21 2019 02:51pm
Gold: 17,400.00
Jun 21 2019 03:11pm
That bitch kim foxx should be in cuffs on her way to jail along with smollet.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2019 04:45pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 21 2019 02:39pm)
Wrong to consider him one of the disenfranchised.

Smollett is a member of the cultural and financial elite, whose narcissistic understanding of our public services is that they exist to provide him with public sympathy and a pay raise.

He was protected by a corrupt establishment that has every incentive to keep the status quo in place and the impoverished down.

His crime was mischief and that's what the charge should be
Gold: 285.00
Jun 22 2019 05:36am
Quote (ValidationSenpai @ Jun 21 2019 05:45pm)
His crime was mischief and that's what the charge should be

I'm sure it will be. He did not commit a serious crime. Nobody was actually hurt, no quantifiable damages, maybe defamation on behalf of the people he paid to jump them and tried to throw under the bus. Healthy fine to cover the cost of the investigation is pretty standard in these kinds of cases.

The only surprising thing about this case is that this Jessie guy isn't 15 years old. What a stupid plan. It literally sounds like something a teenager would conceptualize.

Quote (kalelvszod @ Jun 21 2019 04:11pm)
That bitch kim foxx should be in cuffs on her way to jail along with smollet.

Only thing I see written disparagingly about Kim Fox is from websites for gullible people, Fox News, etc. I'm pretty sure she recused herself during the investigation. There is a special prosecutor and she is in an election year so expect this to be looked at further, but don't expect much to come out of it.

A special prosecutor has been appointed to follow up on these crimes of filing a false police report, disorderly conduct and lying to police. It seems like people are only so focused on this guy because he is a rich black gay man though? People file false police reports, are disorderly in public which is a catchall charge that I've even been arrested for (didn't go from my front yard to living room on command and was arrested for it), and lie to the police all the time.

16 counts of disorderly conduct are the charges. You're stupid if you think someone is going to jail over disorderly conduct, especially a guy with money who lives in America where law is stratified based on zip code. Maybe if he was a poor black guy in the hood nobody heard of, yeah, he could literally be convicted for a crime that someone looks like him committed and people are okay with that typically but he isn't going to jail for committing a crime that hasn't actually hurt anybody and only wasted peoples time. That is worth money, not worth kidnapping someone and locking them in a cage for a period of time. You need to hurt someone to do that I think.

If the argument is that this guy has wasted a lot of public money and needs to be punished I see that, but appointing a special prosecutor to investigate non-felony activity with literally no victim is not a way to live out the principles of responsible stewardship lol.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 22 2019 05:47am
Jun 22 2019 06:09am
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 22 2019 07:36am)
I'm sure it will be. He did not commit a serious crime. Nobody was actually hurt, no quantifiable damages, maybe defamation on behalf of the people he paid to jump them and tried to throw under the bus. Healthy fine to cover the cost of the investigation is pretty standard in these kinds of cases.

The only surprising thing about this case is that this Jessie guy isn't 15 years old. What a stupid plan. It literally sounds like something a teenager would conceptualize.

Only thing I see written disparagingly about Kim Fox is from websites for gullible people, Fox News, etc. I'm pretty sure she recused herself during the investigation. There is a special prosecutor and she is in an election year so expect this to be looked at further, but don't expect much to come out of it.

A special prosecutor has been appointed to follow up on these crimes of filing a false police report, disorderly conduct and lying to police. It seems like people are only so focused on this guy because he is a rich black gay man though? People file false police reports, are disorderly in public which is a catchall charge that I've even been arrested for (didn't go from my front yard to living room on command and was arrested for it), and lie to the police all the time.

16 counts of disorderly conduct are the charges. You're stupid if you think someone is going to jail over disorderly conduct, especially a guy with money who lives in America where law is stratified based on zip code. Maybe if he was a poor black guy in the hood nobody heard of, yeah, he could literally be convicted for a crime that someone looks like him committed and people are okay with that typically but he isn't going to jail for committing a crime that hasn't actually hurt anybody and only wasted peoples time. That is worth money, not worth kidnapping someone and locking them in a cage for a period of time. You need to hurt someone to do that I think.

If the argument is that this guy has wasted a lot of public money and needs to be punished I see that, but appointing a special prosecutor to investigate non-felony activity with literally no victim is not a way to live out the principles of responsible stewardship lol.

Your joking right im on my cell atm and dont got time to link all the sources but its not so much what smollet did its how kim foxx handled it all. Whole thing is complete bs cover up. You said it yourself man has money so why doesnt he pay the 130 000 towards the wasted resources. Guy staged fake hate crime and got caught. If i was chicago pd id be pissed aswell. Alot of high ranking politicians are not happy with this bitch. Unfortunately only way to fire her is to have an election or pass a legislature if i remeber correctly so she like many other corrupt pos will get away with it. She actually had the nerve to say the backlash was racially motivated. Not proffesional for someone in her position to pull race card especially when not true.
Jun 22 2019 06:15am
Quote (kalelvszod @ Jun 22 2019 07:09am)
Your joking right im on my cell atm and dont got time to link all the sources but its not so much what smollet did its how kim foxx handled it all. Whole thing is complete bs cover up. You said it yourself man has money so why doesnt he pay the 130 000 towards the wasted resources. Guy staged fake hate crime and got caught. If i was chicago pd id be pissed aswell. Alot of high ranking politicians are not happy with this bitch. Unfortunately only way to fire her is to have an election or pass a legislature if i remeber correctly so she like many other corrupt pos will get away with it. She actually had the nerve to say the backlash was racially motivated. Not proffesional for someone in her position to pull race card especially when not true.

Okay, and this is the court of public opinion.

I'm talking about the 16 counts of disorderly conduct that has received a special prosecutor.

I don't really care about the public opinion stuff. Yes an elected official is going to have other elected officials have strong opinions on her during an election year I believe that yes.

I think he should pay for the cost of the investigation and definitely do some community services for the original crime he committed. It was a truly pathetic endeavor.

A lot of the animus toward him is probably because he is a perceived powerful minority buying himself out of trouble after basically trying to start a race war and that is reasonable. That creates no obligation in the court of law though lol.

There is the side that perceived her to be a black person in power in a black city promoting black interests illegally which has credence, which will definitely play out during her reelection this cycle. She is an elected official though, and her punishment will be the election not a criminal charge. She is on the other side of that Rich/Poor divide my friend. We are capitalist and everything is distributed based on wealth. Most importantly, Justice is distributed by wealth and Kim and Jesse can afford it.

This Jesse guy is a turd....these guys always do well in this system.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 22 2019 06:18am
Jun 22 2019 06:19am
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 22 2019 08:15am)
Okay, and this is the court of public opinion.

I'm talking about the 16 counts of disorderly conduct that has received a special prosecutor.

I don't really care about the public opinion stuff. Yes an elected official is going to have other elected officials have strong opinions on her during an election year I believe that yes.

I think he should pay for the cost of the investigation and definitely do some community services for the original crime he committed. It was a truly pathetic endeavor.

A lot of the animus toward him is probably because he is a perceived powerful minority buying himself out of trouble after basically trying to start a race war and that is reasonable. That creates no obligation in the court of law though lol.

There is the side that perceived her to be a black person in power in a black city promoting black interests illegally which has credence, which will definitely play out during her reelection this cycle. She is an elected official though, and her punishment will be the election not a criminal charge. She is on the other side of that Rich/Poor divide my friend. We are capitalist and everything is distributed based on wealth. Most importantly, Justice is distributed by wealth and Kim and Jesse can afford it.

Whole thing just frustrates me 10000 bond forfeited all is forgiven i hope down the road she gets whats coming to her.
Jun 22 2019 06:22am
Quote (kalelvszod @ Jun 22 2019 07:19am)
Whole thing just frustrates me 10000 bond forfeited all is forgiven i hope down the road she gets whats coming to her.

She is the DA of Chicago.....this Jesse Smollett thing probably pales in comparison to some of the other deals she has made and crime she has likely committed in the course of her tenure.

She probably isn't someone you would want to mess with. End up at the bottom of a Great Lake lol.

This will come back up again during the elections as a hot topic.

I know that he American Court System is currently at a low in terms of strength of leadership and clear jurisprudence philosophy. Scalia and Kennedy will be missed. These new guys are of much lower quality than they were.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 22 2019 06:23am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11415161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll