d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Jussie Smollett > Charges Dropped
Prev115161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 22 2019 07:02am
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 22 2019 06:36am)
I'm sure it will be. He did not commit a serious crime. Nobody was actually hurt, no quantifiable damages, maybe defamation on behalf of the people he paid to jump them and tried to throw under the bus. Healthy fine to cover the cost of the investigation is pretty standard in these kinds of cases.

The only surprising thing about this case is that this Jessie guy isn't 15 years old. What a stupid plan. It literally sounds like something a teenager would conceptualize.

Only thing I see written disparagingly about Kim Fox is from websites for gullible people, Fox News, etc. I'm pretty sure she recused herself during the investigation. There is a special prosecutor and she is in an election year so expect this to be looked at further, but don't expect much to come out of it.

A special prosecutor has been appointed to follow up on these crimes of filing a false police report, disorderly conduct and lying to police. It seems like people are only so focused on this guy because he is a rich black gay man though? People file false police reports, are disorderly in public which is a catchall charge that I've even been arrested for (didn't go from my front yard to living room on command and was arrested for it), and lie to the police all the time.

16 counts of disorderly conduct are the charges. You're stupid if you think someone is going to jail over disorderly conduct, especially a guy with money who lives in America where law is stratified based on zip code. Maybe if he was a poor black guy in the hood nobody heard of, yeah, he could literally be convicted for a crime that someone looks like him committed and people are okay with that typically but he isn't going to jail for committing a crime that hasn't actually hurt anybody and only wasted peoples time. That is worth money, not worth kidnapping someone and locking them in a cage for a period of time. You need to hurt someone to do that I think.

If the argument is that this guy has wasted a lot of public money and needs to be punished I see that, but appointing a special prosecutor to investigate non-felony activity with literally no victim is not a way to live out the principles of responsible stewardship lol.

False reports of a crime is a felony.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2019 07:14am
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 22 2019 05:36am)
I'm sure it will be. He did not commit a serious crime. Nobody was actually hurt, no quantifiable damages, maybe defamation on behalf of the people he paid to jump them and tried to throw under the bus. Healthy fine to cover the cost of the investigation is pretty standard in these kinds of cases.

The only surprising thing about this case is that this Jessie guy isn't 15 years old. What a stupid plan. It literally sounds like something a teenager would conceptualize.

Only thing I see written disparagingly about Kim Fox is from websites for gullible people, Fox News, etc. I'm pretty sure she recused herself during the investigation. There is a special prosecutor and she is in an election year so expect this to be looked at further, but don't expect much to come out of it.

A special prosecutor has been appointed to follow up on these crimes of filing a false police report, disorderly conduct and lying to police. It seems like people are only so focused on this guy because he is a rich black gay man though? People file false police reports, are disorderly in public which is a catchall charge that I've even been arrested for (didn't go from my front yard to living room on command and was arrested for it), and lie to the police all the time.

16 counts of disorderly conduct are the charges. You're stupid if you think someone is going to jail over disorderly conduct, especially a guy with money who lives in America where law is stratified based on zip code. Maybe if he was a poor black guy in the hood nobody heard of, yeah, he could literally be convicted for a crime that someone looks like him committed and people are okay with that typically but he isn't going to jail for committing a crime that hasn't actually hurt anybody and only wasted peoples time. That is worth money, not worth kidnapping someone and locking them in a cage for a period of time. You need to hurt someone to do that I think.

If the argument is that this guy has wasted a lot of public money and needs to be punished I see that, but appointing a special prosecutor to investigate non-felony activity with literally no victim is not a way to live out the principles of responsible stewardship lol.

The actual crime is called mischief it's a misdemeanor. It means wasting police time with false report
Gold: 9,106.00
Jun 22 2019 08:24am
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 22 2019 05:15am)
Okay, and this is the court of public opinion.

I'm talking about the 16 counts of disorderly conduct that has received a special prosecutor.

I don't really care about the public opinion stuff. Yes an elected official is going to have other elected officials have strong opinions on her during an election year I believe that yes.

I think he should pay for the cost of the investigation and definitely do some community services for the original crime he committed. It was a truly pathetic endeavor.

A lot of the animus toward him is probably because he is a perceived powerful minority buying himself out of trouble after basically trying to start a race war and that is reasonable. That creates no obligation in the court of law though lol.

There is the side that perceived her to be a black person in power in a black city promoting black interests illegally which has credence, which will definitely play out during her reelection this cycle. She is an elected official though, and her punishment will be the election not a criminal charge. She is on the other side of that Rich/Poor divide my friend. We are capitalist and everything is distributed based on wealth. Most importantly, Justice is distributed by wealth and Kim and Jesse can afford it.

This Jesse guy is a turd....these guys always do well in this system.

No. The animus is that tackling racism is front and center and this was highly publicized as another example of how terrible Trump and his supporters are. You had an army of people that came out in support of Jussie as he was crying crocodile tears on national TV, yet when its found out to be fake you want to go with the 'lol you guys are racist bigots that's why you're making such a big deal out of it'? It's a big deal now because it was framed as a big deal before and you're a dishonest hack for trying to frame it as something else.

People understand there's injustice in this world. What's troubling about this case though was that injustice was carried out in such a public light. She shouldn't be charged in any way but she should lose her job over this.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 22 2019 09:53am

privileged lefties bamboozled by a racist odious avaricious Z-lister “jussie smollett” :rofl:

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 22 2019 09:56am
Gold: 285.00
Jun 22 2019 12:27pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 22 2019 09:24am)
No. The animus is that tackling racism is front and center and this was highly publicized as another example of how terrible Trump and his supporters are. You had an army of people that came out in support of Jussie as he was crying crocodile tears on national TV, yet when its found out to be fake you want to go with the 'lol you guys are racist bigots that's why you're making such a big deal out of it'? It's a big deal now because it was framed as a big deal before and you're a dishonest hack for trying to frame it as something else.

People understand there's injustice in this world. What's troubling about this case though was that injustice was carried out in such a public light. She shouldn't be charged in any way but she should lose her job over this.

I had an army come out and support this guy? You say some of the dumbest things. Trump and his supporters are terrible lol. It isn't wrong when you say the KKK and other white supremacist groups are deplorable scum. You are such a hyperventilating victim it is incredible one day your balls will drop.

The story is believable given the current situation. You guys talk about violent antifa and will excuse people who drive cars into crowds of them.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 22 2019 12:29pm
Gold: 9,106.00
Jun 22 2019 01:15pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 22 2019 11:27am)
I had an army come out and support this guy? You say some of the dumbest things. Trump and his supporters are terrible lol. It isn't wrong when you say the KKK and other white supremacist groups are deplorable scum. You are such a hyperventilating victim it is incredible one day your balls will drop.

The story is believable given the current situation. You guys talk about violent antifa and will excuse people who drive cars into crowds of them.

It was a generic 'you' doofus not actually directing it at you.

What you said

It seems like people are only so focused on this guy because he is a rich black gay man though? People file false police reports, are disorderly in public which is a catchall charge that I've even been arrested for (didn't go from my front yard to living room on command and was arrested for it), and lie to the police all the time.

It was a big deal because this piece of shit went on national TV and cried for everyone to see and caused national strife. Subsequently, famous people & politicians got on their high horses and made a big stink about it. This is why it was a big deal afterward, not because he's black and gay. You're a hack for trying to spin the narrative and minimize what happened.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 22 2019 01:31pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 22 Jun 2019 15:15)
It was a generic 'you' doofus not actually directing it at you.

What you said

It was a big deal because this piece of shit went on national TV and cried for everyone to see and caused national strife. Subsequently, famous people & politicians got on their high horses and made a big stink about it. This is why it was a big deal afterward, not because he's black and gay. You're a hack for trying to spin the narrative and minimize what happened.

commie skinned acts like the tabloid media didn’t run with it broadcasting his tall tales. All tryna stir up more chaos like the subversive scum they are lmfao

the irony of commie randomly ranting about the kkk here is funny given he votes for candidates mentored by an actual kkk member. well it’s not a surprise given commie skinneds hatred of minorities and immigrants

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 22 2019 01:38pm
Jun 22 2019 02:50pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 22 2019 02:31pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLx5OY21Bk

commie skinned acts like the tabloid media didn’t run with it broadcasting his tall tales. All tryna stir up more chaos like the subversive scum they are lmfao

the irony of commie randomly ranting about the kkk here is funny given he votes for candidates mentored by an actual kkk member. well it’s not a surprise given commie skinneds hatred of minorities and immigrants

I don't watch television make for the elderly. I'm only 40.
Jun 23 2019 10:16am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 22 2019 08:02am)
False reports of a crime is a felony.

False Reports
Under 720 ILCS 5/26-1(a)(2-10) , a variety of false complaints, reports, and alarms are labeled as disorderly conduct. These provisions cover false 911 calls, false fire alarms, false bomb reports, and false reports of crime or abuse. Whenever an individual makes a false report of any kind to a public agency, the individual can be charged with disorderly conduct. These provisions are designed to weed out fabricated reports in order to concentrate resources on investigating and prosecuting legitimate reports.

A violation of one of these provisions can be a misdemeanor or felony depending on the type of false report made. A false safety report is a Class A misdemeanor, punishable up to 1 year in county jail or up to 2 years of supervised probation, as well as up to $2,500 in fines. False reports of abuse and neglect are Class B misdemeanors, punishable up to 6 months in county jail or up to 2 years of probation, as well as up to $1,500 in fines. False fire alarms, false crime reports, fake 911 complaints, fake child abuse or neglect reports or false requests for ambulances are all Class 4 felonies, punishable up to 3 years in state prison, as well as up to $25,000 in fines. A false bomb report is a Class 3 felony, punishable up to 5 years in state prison, as well as a mandatory fine ranging from $3,000 to $10,000.

https://www.chicagocriminallawyer.pro/disorderly-conduct.html

You are correct sir.
Gold: 119,903.34
Jun 23 2019 01:25pm
A trial should have taken place. To me that seems to be the most severe miscarriage of justice. The prosecutors seemed to have decided to not pursue prosecution when the police had evidence and that evidence should have been put to scrutiny in a court of law.

And the whole situation really just shows you how incompatible social media is with fair justice with the law with how people responded to it on both sides.

Not sure how things are going to end up in the future going forward. I think in some ways, it seems like we've already gone over the cliff and privacy in a lot of ways may be lost and we are headed in a direction that I don't know how it turns out.

The social media addiction is real and I don't really think it's going away.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev115161718Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll